Reading sack stam

Reckon Murty will be on their radar...

Can’t see why he would be.

Relegation threatened clubs don’t generally take a punt on youth coaches with 30 games in management, even if they did used to play for them.

Will be a ‘safe’/dull pair of hands chosen.

Murty will go back to the 21s when/if we replace him

seems a decent coach so wouldntwant to lose him for that

No way could he go back after being made permanent manager.

why not ? he probably has a job for maybe not life but much longer than if he goes on the managerial merry go round ,losing his job every 6 months till noone else will employ him.

i know what one i would choose , leaving rangerswill be a step down even from the youth team

What was Stam's managerial experience before taking their job? Murty might not be out of the question.

Always liked big Stam as a player. Know basically zero about his managerial career. Hate to see any one lose their job unless they're a mentally challenged or anyone that hates Rangers.

Reading are 20th and 3points above the relegation places.

There's not a hope in hell they will turn to an inexperienced Murty to try and get them out of that.

It’s be best for all parties if he was offered and then giving the Reading job....
After what’s happened this year I can’t see him being excited about going back to the under 20’s plus I’m not sure our new manager would be 2 comfortable with him hanging around in the background.

Nobody fancy Stam for the Gers job?
Expected to see more talk about this when opening the thread.

He seemed to be doing a good job for a while and for whatever reason they just tailed off recently. Had them playing good football, built from the back. Took them from relegation contenders into the play-off finals last season and was unlucky not to get promoted (lost on pens to Huddersfield who have gone on to fair well in the EPL). Was essentially one kick of the ball away from being an EPL manager who we probably couldn’t dream of approaching.

I’ve certainly seen worse shouts.

Reckon Murty will be on their radar...
Rangers manager Graeme Murty. Picture: SNS At present, the 43-year-old is only in charge at Ibrox until the end of the season with calls growing for a new manager to be installed. Reading are on the lookout for a new head coach after Jaap Stam departed the Championship side early on Wednesday and could turn to their former player. The Scottish international spent 11 years with the Berkshire club, including a lengthy spell as captain. He is currently 14/1 to SkyBet to take over, which makes him the fourth leading candidate in the market. Paul Clement is the runaway favourite at present, priced at 1/10, while ex-Rangers boss Mark Warburton is joint-second on the list with Steve McClaren at 12/1.

Read more at: https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...makers-favourites-to-become-next-reading-boss.

Been quite surprising how poor Reading have been this season.

However I happened to see a couple of their games last season when they were doing well and by god they were dull to watch. Can only imagine how bad it is now

Unlikely but not inconceivable for such a move; GM and the club know each other very well and Murty has at least some, but not a lot, of big club management experience behind him. According to the odds in the post above however Paul Clement is the runaway favourite to take over at Reading.

Reading also sacked Steve Clarke.

Maybe that means Stam is a shout for the Rangers job :p

I agree with the posters who said there is no way Murty goes back to the kids. Last year he hadn’t nailed it on that he wanted the job, he “didn’t know”. That’s not the case this year.

Back