Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

Has anyone read through the online pamphlet? Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks VERY much as if they're changing Rangers official colours from red white and blue to orange, pale blue and darker blue.

In 15-20 years once every single brand has changed to a minimalist logo the trendy thing will be to have more intricate logos once more :))

Ours is timeless, I would've just left it

Don't mind the new one either
So timeless that this is the fourth iteration of the crest? The lion is more detailed.

Seeing some initial reactions on twitter etc you’d think we had unveiled an abomination like this:

leeds-united-graphic-design-dezeen-list-hero-852x480.jpg

Absolutely no need to change it. They have taken away the symmetry and style which made the badge look so attractive in the first place.

I was all for this. Not much has changed so hard to have much of a criticism anyway but I really like it. Just to get rid of the stars now.

This thread doesn't half sum up the amount of whinging, miserable b*stards that we have amongst our support.

Everything is always negative all the time; people calling it "awful" and a "commercial and PR disaster" ffs!

It's practically identical to the old one, just been simplified and tidied up a bit. I like the old badge, there's been very little change made to it and I can't see how that new version can draw such extreme complaints.

So the text runs a different direction and I think the font is very slightly different.

Await the same folk who said the strip was too similar to last year complaining that the changes to the badge are too extreme and have ruined it:)

Don't know what the fuss is about - you can bet it'll change again next year for the anniversary

Its like they've designed it with a soft family friendly image in mind. Rounder with less harsh lines or edges. Really not a fan
The only real notable change is were the writing is situated I think that's a marketing thing if I'm honest I like it

It's not that much different and I think, from a marketing point of view, the word Rangers now being the focus is better.

Weren’t the club crests included in merchandise agreements in the last? A new badge would render the right to create or sell merchandise with the old badge as irrelevant?

Isn’t this why the Arsenal cannon changed direction 15 or so years ago?

Couldn’t believe it when I seen the new badge. What age is the person who designed it ? 10? Whoever is responsible should be told to leave and to shut the door on there way out , horrendous

Back