Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

It’s been simplified, cheapened and looks far less classy IMO, but seemingly not allowed to be annoyed at our club crest changing for the worse.

“football club” text looks far too close together (the evenly spaced offset text was far better) and the solid blue bars instead of split above this text just make it all look very basic.

The only genuine improvement is the lion.

I think it grows on you,I've looked at it quite a few times now and the fact that the clubs name is up the top looks better, perhaps in the blank white parts on the LHS 18 and on the RHS 72, but maybe that would be too busy, I reckon it's still pretty good IMHO .

Anyone else still not getting MyGers emails? (checked my junk folder and my contact preferences on the website). I’ve also emailed about this issue last week and not had a response.

Still nothing from Mygers. I enquired previously and they confirmed I was a member and that welcome packs were being sent out on 6th July.

It’s been simplified, cheapened and looks far less classy IMO, but seemingly not allowed to be annoyed at our club crest changing for the worse.

“football club” text looks far too close together (the evenly spaced offset text was far better) and the solid blue bars instead of split above this text just make it all look very basic.

The only genuine improvement is the lion.

You're honestly 'annoyed'?

I like it. It's sharpened it up a wee bit.

It's worth noting that, we as a support like our traditions, but the history of our club actually shows us as being innovators.

We shouldn't be afraid to change things up, even things we deem as "sacred". I'll likely get pelters for this but there you go.

It looks worse but ultimately, who cares?

I don't know what's worse, the posters in tears or the ones who think it's the best badge update they've ever seen. Many on here badly, badly need to get laid.

Did anyone know about these being on show last night?

The ball is now not symettrical and the ready moved into the ball.

Hence the RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB is now 1/3 of the radius.

Also RANGERS at the top - and the Atari lion has had a sharper haircut.

0JBSQkl.jpg

The club are trying to bring everything up to current standards, I liked the old Crest, but I think the new one is fresh and we will get used to it.
It's good to see that we as a club are showcasing our brand around the city, and not letting that mob have everything their own way.

Let’s be honest can we? It looks like a child has tried to recreate our iconic badge and as expected it’s came out looking tacky af.

no need to change it at all especially to join with this ridiculous new craze where brands just make their logos bolder

Someone point me in the direction to be angry at, I'm not seeing the things the Staunch are. I've been thrown out the circle of Staunch without an explanation.
“the staunch” honestly do we really need patronising posts when fellow members don’t like a new design. It’s gutter patter

the staunch posts belonged in the bin fckn years ago. “Oh I’m no staunch enough am I no?”

The ball is now not symettrical and the ready moved into the ball.

Hence the Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB is now 1/3 of the radius.

Also Rangers at the top - and the Atari lion has had a sharper haircut.
I’ve got no idea how anyone can look at those side by side and say the new one doesn’t look shite.

It doesn’t even look symmetrical

I think it would have taken me quite a while to notice anything had changed

That must be at least - 50 staunch points I fear

I’ve got no idea how anyone can look at those side by side and say the new one doesn’t look shite.

It doesn’t even look symmetrical

Looks better, more modern and eye catching.

Club needs to be innovative after years of neglect on the commercial side.

What I've got no idea over is why grown men care so much about a club crest?

Considering you can tell they've literally done the utmost to retain all original features and it is barely different.

I like the revamp. The lion is more defined and the whole image seems to 'pop' more. Looks like a good deal of work has gone into it with a real desire to brand promotion.

It looks shite mate and you can drop the faux shock that some people who’ve enjoyed our badge for decades don’t like it

I'm not shocked at all that people don't like the change so stop being a wee bitch. I am surprised that people would be annoyed at such minor changes – nothing 'faux' about it.

If you honestly think it looks shite then you also thought the last iteration was shite. There are no drastic changes to the logo to support a drastic swing from loving a logo to hating a version that's 95% the same.

Looks better, more modern and eye catching.

Club needs to be innovative after years of neglect on the commercial side.

What I've got no idea over is why grown men care so much about a club crest?

Considering you can tell they've literally done the utmost to retain all original features and it is barely different.
i don’t understand this sentiment that “grown men“ shouldn’t care about the club crest? What a ridiculous comment, apart from the hypocracy of you being on commenting about it shows you care, but more to the point can you tell me at what age I was supposed to stop caring about the visuals of Rangers football club?

So I shouldn’t bother if they change our strip, our jersey logo or the facade of our main stand? All visual aspects of the club I love, visual aspects I also love. But I’m a grown man so I shouldn’t care?

I struggle to see the huge changes that have clearly “triggered” people .

It’s not that different,the kind of kid on outrage is by sweetie wives

Back