Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

A minor spruce up is welcomed, although I wouldn’t have minded seeing ‘1872’ built in on it.

As much as people like to point out how easily some are annoyed...some also seem to be very easily pleased.
If we replaced our iconic black and red socks many people in here would go “I like blue socks so I must no be very staunch” or “why do grown men care about the colour of football socks it’s pathetic”.

These people don’t care much for the traditions and classic visuals of our famous club and wouldn’t care a jot if they were diluted to something with no history or class as long as they preferred it

Lets not allow that to get in the way of a good outrage though.
This unfortunately seems to be the norm here I’ve noticed. Rangers does something = everyone Goes batshit crazy. Folk were calling for people to lose their jobs over a banner being put up ffs.

All they’ve done is freshen up the existing crest and it looks fine IMO.

i don’t understand this sentiment that “grown men“ shouldn’t care about the club crest?
If anything, I would say the opposite. The more years and decades you have put into supporting the club, the more the club's emblems - large or small - will mean to us. It's not the same as tweaking or changing the logo of some designer clothes company.

Looks like a good deal of work has gone into it

At least 5-10 mins on Microsoft Paint
I'm not shocked at all that people don't like the change so stop being a wee bitch. I am surprised that people would be annoyed at such minor changes – nothing 'faux' about it.

If you honestly think it looks shite then you also thought the last iteration was shite. There are no drastic changes to the logo to support a drastic swing from loving a logo to hating a version that's 95% the same.

I think it looks shite and love the old one. The changes are pretty substantial and not for the better. Also sometimes the smallest of changes can have a dramatic effect.

The lion is much better and heraldic looking. I also prefer the ‘ready’ being incorporated into the football.

I struggle to see the huge changes that have clearly “triggered” people .

It’s not that different,the kind of kid on outrage is by sweetie wives
Admin, any chance we can ban people who use triggered without irony when referring to debates with fellow fans on a rangers forum?

If we replaced our iconic black and red socks many people in here would go “I like blue socks so I must no be very staunch” or “why do grown men care about the colour of football socks it’s pathetic”.

These people don’t care much for the traditions and classic visuals of our famous club and wouldn’t care a jot if they were diluted to something with no history or class as long as they preferred it

What about if we reduced the amount of red on the sock by 5%? That would be more in line with what's happened here rather than changing them altogether.

Wasn't too fussed before but it did look a little odd, but having scoured the new look website and seeing it constantly It's quickly become more familiar to look at it and beginning to like it.

i understand folk preferring the previous version but to say the new one it shit is rather extreme. It's a small tweak on an existing design. If you hate the new one so much chances are you didn't like the old one that much (or just over reacting just a tad)

We have obviously got some rebranding folk in and one of the things any decent graphic designer will do is standardise all fonts and colours. Seeing as we are relaunching the website this gives them the opportunity to look into everything that's Rangers branded. Its what happens these days.

It looks even better blown up on the projector!

Anyone who prefers the old badge is an enemy of good taste. An aesthetic tyrant, if you will.

Heard the 3rd strip is orange and black hoops.

At least 5-10 mins on Microsoft Paint

I think it looks shite and love the old one. The changes are pretty substantial and not for the better. Also sometimes the smallest of changes can have a dramatic effect.

In that case, surely you have to admit that your opinion is a visceral reaction based on emotional connection to the original rather than an objective what-design-looks-better point of view? Going from love to hate with such minor changes doesn't make any sense.

If the order was reversed here and we were upgrading from today's version to the previous version you'd probably have the same reaction.

The way you're bleating on you'd think we've changed it to a shamrock. There are a few minor changes to make the badge more modern. You'll get used to it.

Overall I like it and understand the centering of Rangers at top of crest for brand recognition and the improved symmetry.

My only slight problem with it is the spacing between "Football Club", at first glance it looks like it's all one word.

I'm not shocked at all that people don't like the change so stop being a wee bitch. I am surprised that people would be annoyed at such minor changes – nothing 'faux' about it.

If you honestly think it looks shite then you also thought the last iteration was shite. There are no drastic changes to the logo to support a drastic swing from loving a logo to hating a version that's 95% the same.
Mate from now on you should start putting *gasp *sharp inhale next to your posts just so we can feel the shock you have reading about different opinions.

Calling a fellow member a “wee bitch” should get you a ban if my recent history is anything to go by? I doubt Empire is in The Blue Room much though so you’ll get a pass :cool:

You literally couldn’t change anymore while keeping the same template. The font has changed, the font size has changed, the Rangers is now bigger which looks ridiculous, the ready has moved, the ball has changed. The only positive is the rangers at the top but given its a different size to the fc it looks jarring. Its a vastly inferior version In every other way and I’ll bet we’ve paid someone 5 figures to come up with that

What about if we reduced the amount of red on the sock by 5%? That would be more in line with what's happened here rather than changing them altogether.
The red is a fold over, so its at your discretion how big the red bar is. I can’t imagine you’ve ever bought a full kit though cause you’re so far from being bothered how it looks

In that case, surely you have to admit that your opinion is a visceral reaction based on emotional connection to the original rather than an objective what-design-looks-better point of view? Going from love to hate with such minor changes doesn't make any sense.

If the order was reversed here and we were upgrading from today's version to the previous version you'd probably have the same reaction.
This sums up what supporting a football club means, or at least it would if you put "and tribal" after emotional.

i understand folk preferring the previous version but to say the new one it shit is rather extreme. It's a small tweak on an existing design. If you hate the new one so much chances are you didn't like the old one that much (or just over reacting just a tad)

That’s exactly what I was thinking myself. Some of the reaction to this is, to me, way OTT. To say “I prefer the way it was before” is reasonable. To say “it looks kack” implies the last one had to look “kack” because they are virtually identical.

It’s like arguing for an hour on the best way to strike a match.

Mate from now on you should start putting *gasp *sharp inhale next to your posts just so we can feel the shock you have reading about different opinions.

Calling a fellow member a “wee bitch” should get you a ban if my recent history is anything to go by? I doubt Empire is in The Blue Room much though so you’ll get a pass :cool:

You literally couldn’t change anymore while keeping the same template. The font has changed, the font size has changed, the Rangers is now bigger which looks ridiculous, the ready has moved, the ball has changed. The only positive is the Rangers at the top but given its a different size to the fc it looks jarring. Its a vastly inferior version In every other way and I’ll bet we’ve paid someone 5 figures to come up with that

Fück sake, can you get any more pathetic than trying to get me banned for calling you a 'wee bitch'?

We have obviously got some rebranding folk in and one of the things any decent graphic designer will do is standardise all fonts and colours. Seeing as we are relaunching the website this gives them the opportunity to look into everything that's Rangers branded. Its what happens these days.
Its obviously hyperbole. But it was an iconic crest and many can’t see any reason to update it, let alone any benefit. It’s just jarring looking at it. I’m convinced now it’s the Rangers being a bigger font which throws the whole design off

Of course there's an emotional connection, but I genuinely think the updated one looks much worse from a design point. I'm all for change if there's improvement (and yes, it's all subjective as with anything), but other than the more detailed lion, the rest of it just looks amateur and tacky in my honest opinion.

The ball loses detail with that solid blue block with the 'Ready' in it, the Football Club text spacing is too close together leaving horrible big white gaps either side, the inner circle is gone, and it just all looks so basic.

Is it something to be raging over? Probably not, but it does quite annoy me that it looks worse than it did.

Fück sake, can you get any more pathetic than trying to get me banned for calling you a 'wee bitch'?
Aye mate I’m lobbying the mods as we speak, it’s not like they could read your post themselves. And anyway as per my last post it should have been

*gasp “%^*& sake, can you get any more...”

Really convey your inner drama

Aye mate I’m lobbying the mods as we speak, it’s not like they could read your post themselves. And anyway as per my last post it should have been

*gasp “%^*& sake, can you get any more...”

Really convey your inner drama

You're on a wee rampage like a 5-year old lassie yet I'm the one being dramatic. *gasp*

It's a traditional badge which emphasises the history of the club. Not everything has to be new or modern.
And the new badge emphasises our step into the current digital world, and is the start of a new era with us leading the way.

I understand wanting to protect our history, but we're much more than any badge could ever represent. The new badge will evolve again I'm sure, but our club will always be here.

Back