Ready For A Revolution - New Club Crest

He said there not going to touch it, but they might do something special for anniversary kits etc.
Home kit 1960s style no badge white v neck
Away kit founders kit white white glasgow rowing club star. (Not star of david)
3rd sghirt either blue white hoops or vertical blue n white 60s style again..

Seconded. Not befitting of Rangers FC lacking in class and sophistication.

I‘ve heard it described as clean’, well why not just make it a plain blue and white circle with Rangers Football Club in it making it ‘super clean‘ then if that’s what modernising involves?

Actually more surprised at the acceptance of this update than anything else on here.

Looks like something you’d get on a £3 fake from Turkey to me.
Or on fifa 19 game.. it just looks like any ordinary club crest now..

Home kit 1960s style no badge white v neck
Away kit founders kit white white glasgow rowing club star. (Not star of david)
3rd sghirt either blue white hoops or verticsl blue n whire 60s style again..

Wouldn't surprise me that something special is done for 150 year anniversary and 50 years since CWC with what you've suggested.

I like it but it's annoying me the number of places they are using it where it is badly pixelated.

To those who say they don’t like change -

Do you still have a Black & White TV?

I haven't seen anyone say they don't like change. Just those that don't like this particular one.

Colour, HD and 4K are all literal improvements over black and white. This updated crest however is open to opinion and personal taste.

I still have turntables that spin records, and they sound better than digital files though if that's your analogy :)

People don’t like change so there was always going to be some criticism. Make the spacing bigger between “Football” and “Club”, join up the R in the middle and it’s spot on, moaning for the sake of moaning on here at times.

Looking at them side by side, the new one is definitely an improvement.

Ok6zoLK.jpg

Ok6zoLK.jpg

Other than a more detailed lion exactly where is this improvement?

Simplified generic crap with most of the detail gone. The football (which no longer looks like a football) looks so blocky, the inner circle is gone and the spacing in the lettering is ridiculous. Even the split blue section at the top if the ball looks chunky and lacks any finesse.

Baffles me how many are happy to accept this amateur looking update. Mental to think that someone got paid to come up with that.

Ok6zoLK.jpg

I’m on the fence.

I don’t like the new RFC writing, prefer the equal spacing before.

Think I also prefer the ready from before.

Yes the lion looks sharper and the ball is different whilst the new one looks brighter in general.

Will probably get used to it in time. Hopefully the clubs longer term benefit of time and money spent on this investment is greater than I perceive it to be.

Simplified generic crap with most of the detail gone. The football (which no longer looks like a football) looks so blocky, the inner circle is gone and the spacing in the lettering is ridiculous. Even the split blue section at the top if the ball looks chunky and lacks any finesse.

Baffles me how many are happy to accept this amateur looking update. Mental to think that someone got paid to come up with that.
It's easier on the eye and less cluttered looking, our name is clearer to see. It's simplified and clean which I like.

So one of these looks professional and sharp and one looks like a 12-year-old's word-art? That's not an opinion, that's talking utter bullshît for the sake of it.

Everyone will have their preferences here. Some will prefer the older version, some will say the change was unnecessary – all valid opinions. '12-year-old rehashed word-art' and 'awful/terrible' are not valid opinions in the context of how slight the changes are.

0JBSQkl.jpg

I much prefer the old one. It was not broke so dont fix it

Just watched the 30min RTV package on the evolution of the brand and it's very impressive.

Happy to see some of the professionals they used to work on the project were Rangers fans, the boy that done the typography was very impressive with how he use the history to come up with a font that was unique to Rangers, loved it.
To be honest I thought the film was verbal diarrhea to say we upgraded the website

%^*& me, the design police (and total fairies) are out tonight!
The new club crest is an evolution of the old one. It’s barely changed!!
This is what the club want to do, get on board, move with the times!
if you can’t,go change your tampon and give us all a rest!

To be honest I thought the film was verbal diarrhea to say we upgraded the website
What do people like you want? Why is it so bad getting the details behind our upgrades? Some of us enjoy the detail instead of a generic "by the way we've upgraded the site"

What do people like you want? Why is it so bad getting the details behind our upgrades? Some of us enjoy the detail instead of a generic "by the way we've upgraded the site"
Not a 30 minute film repeating the same thing over and over with verbal diarrhea. Put out what will be better and what is important to the fans.

ronaldotantrum.gif

I‘ve heard it described as clean’, well why not just make it a plain blue and white circle with Rangers Football Club in it making it ‘super clean‘ then if that’s what modernising involves?

Actually more surprised at the acceptance of this update than anything else on here.

Honestly mate, listen to yourself :D

Last edited:

Ok6zoLK.jpg

Football Club looks like one big word. I think you could have made a few simple improvements like updating the ball so Ready is in it, so allowing you to make the ball slightly bigger but keep Rangers Football Club wording going around the ball clock wise.

Just because some guy from seesaw thought the badge was great doesn't mean all of us have to.

hahaha whit? lacking in class and sophistication, cmon man ffs.

hahaha whit? lacking in class and sophistication, cmon man ffs.

Hahaha, I sent that “lacks the class and sophistication that comes with being a Ranger” patter to my mate for a laugh and thought I’d throw it in here :D

It really doesn’t look the best though

That’s not what the ‘film’ was all about though.
That is probably my point. There is so much back-slapping IC talk that the point gets lost. If Rangers had not made such a pooh-ha about this I wonder if many would even have noticed that the crest was changed unless they were side by side. I have certainly never looked at the crest and thought that the R had a straight right-angle maybe it would be better with a curve or the letters would be better gothic instead of Times new Roman. Maybe it is just me that doesn't look at things that closely. I am perfectly happy that RTV and the website are being upgraded as that was needed. It is also great we are going with the times but watching that film was a waste of time. Well maybe if it was cut to 10 minutes with one person explaining the changes it would have been better. Anyway I watched it and don't need to and won't watch it a second time. There are worse things in life and some people will enjoy it so it isn't really that big a thing to me.

It’s growing on me. It’s been changed for the digital age - much clearer on twitter profile pics etc. Most companies are digitising their branding and at least it wasn’t a shit show like Juve

I like the new crest, it’s still instantly recognisable as the ready crest but fresher & more modern looking. One thing I would say is while reading all the information on the rebranding it mentions the spirit of where Rangers were born Ibrox & Kelvingrove Park, should be changed immediately to Fleshers Haugh on Glasgow Green.

Just read my Scottish Daily Mail and find no mention of our club's re-brand, not even in passing.

A curious omission, given it's a significant event in the story of Scotland's greatest sporting institution. Or perhaps more likely due to the persuasion of the newspaper's football correspondents?

Messing with tradition - prehistoric romantic pish ,get with the times and stop being so precious ,it ain’t changing back again so you’re stuck with it ,whatcha gonnnaaa doooooo

This has probably been covered in the thread already, but as far as I can see, neither BBC News Scotland or STV, saw fit to cover this.

What a strange wee part of the world we live in.

It’s growing on me. It’s been changed for the digital age - much clearer on twitter profile pics etc. Most companies are digitising their branding and at least it wasn’t a shit show like Juve
You have explained more in one sentence than that 30 minute film did.

Honestly if I have one minor complaints it’s that there should be more space between “football” and “club” but aside from that, I can barely believe what I’ve read on this thread, and I say that as someone who fully expects to read shite that’s bordering on mental.

Back