Real Kashmir FC Documentary

That could be a thread on its own. There are footballers I've watched for years and wouldn't know by voice.
Thats become a regular thing in my house. Any time a player gets interviewed my son will say to me "wait til you hear this one" outside of Rangers players, not only would i not know their voice but id struggle to recognise some if they walked past me in the street

That was a good watch. Remember him being a good player when I was a kid. I would never have recognised him in a million years.

Really enjoyed this Davey’s some banana hope he gets a great job in football closer to home he deserves it and has proved if you have the will there is definitely a way

Excellent viewing! It was repeated again tonight,

I see in the closing credits that he’s had job offers from the Middle East and Asia .... and none from Scotland. Not a Celtic man, no surprise there.

I think he's great although maybe a bit too old school for British football. Let's face it he would be working with a bunch of fairies that would go running to the chairman after giving them a proper bollocking.

I was quite surprised by his manner, pretty sure I recall an old Rangers video where Ian Durrant is ripping Davie and Stephen Wright for being quiet wee mouses from Aberdeen and both of them looked petrified.

I was quite surprised by his manner, pretty sure I recall an old Rangers video where Ian Durrant is ripping Davie and Stephen Wright for being quiet wee mouses from Aberdeen and both of them looked petrified.

If you look back now, you would have required a thick skin to survive a dressing room of McCoist, Durrant, Goram, McCall, Gough, Brown, Gascoigne, Ian Ferguson etc.

Some jokers in the pack, but all hardy bastards who could look after themselves. I imagine Robertson would have been rather subdued compared to that lot, but still managed to survive it for a good 6 years !!

I thought it was a cracking documentary and Robertson is totally different to what I expected. He seemed quiet and reserved as a player but as a manager he's the total opposite. A real old school manager who who rants and raves. It seems to work for him as he got them promoted and they now sit 3rd in the Indian top flight. Still speaks well of Rangers, we get a few mentions throughout the doc.

His Mrs said his was called psycho at Aberdeen, you wouldn't expect him to be too quiet.

Great watch, his son Mason looked as is he was constantly shitting himself whenever he was out and about!
Thought that too, but probably with good reason in all honesty! He hadn't been out of the hotel other than for training for 2 months prior to Davie taking him on the shopping expidition!:))

Watched it last night. Davie looks like he's on his own personal "No Fucks Given !" world tour, especially walking the streets of Srinagar at night !!

Fair play to the guy, he's living in an absolute shit tip & working in a hostile environment for little money, but there he is just cracking on with the job and making a decent fist of it.

Heart & Hand Podcast have done an interview with Davie Robertson since the Real Kashmir documentary and it’s a really good listen.

Davie’s passion for his time at Rangers and being winner really comes across strongly. A top guy.

This was on bbc again last week. Was also mentioned by jeff on soccer Saturday who said everyone should watch it and will realise that any problems at his new club will be nothing in comparison

This was on bbc again last week. Was also mentioned by jeff on soccer Saturday who said everyone should watch it and will realise that any problems at his new club will be nothing in comparison
Yes it was an eye opening watch but credit to the guy and his boy for sticking it out there. The players seemed committed as well, something we are still lacking

How he only won 3 caps is a total travesty
The likes of Craig Brown picked their favourites like Tosh McKinlay and Tom Boyd although both were rotten. Robertson was a far better player than those too.

Also the same could be said of John Brown who was never capped, and Ian Ferguson, who only got a handful. Ferguson had decent competition in midfield, but some of the selections were bizzare.

Back