Real Madrid add to their away pallette-Again.

Rangerista

A thread for quiet Sunday night :))

This isn't a gripe, just an observation. but Real Madrid wearing a lilac kit tonight is just so much them.

They've gone through the gamut of away colours over the years, with a range that doesn't, on the surface, apparently have any relevance to the club.

Of course they're not alone.

Manchester United's at Brentford yesterday, Inter's away shirt last season, least said the better, was horrendous, and our own black shirt with the red trim, which was a bit of a fail.

On current and past example, we can look forward to many more colours being worn by the famous Whites of Madrid.

Purple would be my first guess for Real’s away kit. Arsenal in yellow would be another.

There’s a few clubs who stick the same colours for away kits.

Headed warriors
Nez6xzf.gif

Normally bright pink is a no no but that 2014 away shirt was was a cracker.

I got a cheap Modric crested one for the young lad off Kitbag clearance and he wore away at it.

Red is what has been a rarity for Real when playing away from home. A few seasons ago they released a red third shirt which hadn't been in use for nearly 40 years.

IIRC, the only three matches wearing red in the 20th century had been PSV, Cardiff City and Dynamo Kiev, all in the 70's.

I really dislike their lilac strip, ours too for that matter of fact.
RM used purple in their strips for good few years up until the late 90’s (I think). I had an early to mid 80’s Hummel that had purple detailing.

This isn't a gripe, just an observation. but Real Madrid wearing a lilac kit tonight is just so much them.

They've gone through the gamut of away colours over the years, with a range that doesn't, on the surface, apparently have any relevance to the club.

Manchester United's at Brentford yesterday, Inter's away shirt last season, least said the better, was horrendous, and our own black shirt with the red trim, which was a bit of a fail.

On current and past example, we can look forward to many more colours being worn by the famous Whites of Madrid.
no offence mate but do you feel like a bit of a twatchop

as has been posted they have had they colours plenty before

I always thought purple was part of their official colours?
Purple being the colour of Royalty for Real/Royal Madrid.
The Purple is the colour of Castile, the area of Spain where Madrid is situated.

The sash behind the modern badge was purple until 2001 when they changed it to blue, no reason was ever officially given. The crown comes and goes as the country jumped back and forth from monarchy to republic

Real-Madrid-Logo-history.jpg

They won the CL against Juventus while wearing a Purple kit a few years ago.

They've always had some variation of a purple kit and have had purple incorporated into their home kit in some seasons. It's a club colour.

What a load of shite. RM have had purple strips all through their history.

Thread drift, but the OP's comment about man u's strip - I assumed that one is a nod to their Newton Heath colours.
Still manky though.

Home kits should always be traditional, away & third should be used to explore and be creative with templates & styles IMO.

As others have said Madrid have had purple/lilac many, many times :))

I always thought purple was part of their official colours?
Purple being the colour of Royalty for Real/Royal Madrid.
purple definitely the colour of UK royalty

edit " Born to the colour purple - born to royalty "

On departing for a holiday in Spain in the mid 90s I gave my parents some money and asked to bring me back a football shirt.
Despite the forced smile I was disappointed when I got the Kelme purple away with the cat paws down the shoulders (mother's choice she liked the colour). I never wore it outside and it wasn't long before it hit the charity bag.
Wish I'd have kept it as it's rather understated compared to some designs now...and is probably a collector item!

On departing for a holiday in Spain in the mid 90s I gave my parents some money and asked to bring me back a football shirt.
Despite the forced smile I was disappointed when I got the Kelme purple away with the cat paws down the shoulders (mother's choice she liked the colour). I never wore it outside and it wasn't long before it hit the charity bag.
Wish I'd have kept it as it's rather understated compared to some designs now...and is probably a collector item!
Real Madrid wearing Kelme is something we'll never see again as long as Florentino Perez is the chairman.

Back