Real Madrid after Kristoffer Ajer

It was poorly worded by me. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if top clubs have had a look with their scouts.

I'd also imagine there's been similar looks at the likes of Morelos. More about the way those scouting networks operate rather than whether or not a club is set to make a bid.

I didn't get that across correctly.

Correct. He is part of a very highly rated Norway team that contains the likes of Haaland and Odegaard, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have scouts who are aware of him. I think people would be surprised at how in-depth the big clubs' recruitment strategies are.

Of course, there's as much a chance as Khalid Aucho signing for Real Madrid in reality.

After we beat them at the piggery the rags, their forums, the phone ins were were all full of, he is a donkey, not good enough and they need to upgrade.

Now its Real Madrid, PSG and Man City who he is good enough for.
Hilarious. :)

giphy.gif

This. He's utter shite.

For anyone needing a good laugh on Saturday Evening:

Real Madrid are assessing whether to make a surprise summer move for Kristoffer Ajer following his impressive showings in the Scottish Premiership this term.

The Celtic star has been an integral part of a defence which has just helped the club win its ninth top flight crown in succession.

But his impressive form is now attracting attention from outside of Scotland, with Madrid among the teams monitoring his situation according to Mundo Deportivo.

They face a tough battle for the 22-year-old's signature with Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City and Leicester City also showing interest.

Madrid are looking for a long term replacement for Sergio Ramos whose contract expires next summer as the 34-year-old approaches the end of his career.

Dayot Upamecano of RB Leipzig remains a priority target but Ajer could provide a more tempting prospect at a significantly smaller transfer fee.

Ajer has also attracted interest from Paris Saint-Germain, Manchester City and Leicester City
Ajer still has another two years to run on his current deal at Parkhead and Scottish side will be under limited pressure to sell the defender.

Standing at nearly two metres tall he possesses an aerial threat but is also comfortable with the ball between his feet.

The Norway international has been a big success at Celtic having arrived from Norwegian side Start for around just £500,000 in 2016.
Naw, theyr no, ya clown.

Seems like such a completely made up load of nonsense.
The notion that elite clubs would be competing with one another to sign a journeyman defender does not ring true.
More likely a story planted by Liewell in an attempt to hawk the guy around for any possible buyers.

It was poorly worded by me. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if top clubs have had a look with their scouts.

I'd also imagine there's been similar looks at the likes of Morelos. More about the way those scouting networks operate rather than whether or not a club is set to make a bid.

I didn't get that across correctly.
Fair enough mate but I seriously doubt Real
Madrid send scouts to Scotland!

You got to be joking here? No way. How is a corrupt vote winner going to replace world cup winners in Ramos and Varane? This is 23rd of May not April fools day. Best ive heard yet. :)):)):)) Oh whats the fee?? £200m??

None of that would surprise me if they're having a look. He's a highly rated defender at a young age with plenty going for him in a physical sense.

People put a lot of stock in the scouting Football Manager does (I reckon the fact they can update it every year makes them look better), and he ends up an absolute top player in the most recent versions of that.

This is similar to when we read reports of us being interested in a player like Kevin Nisbet. Yeah, we'll have scouts looking at players at that level, but it's unlikely we'll move for them.
I’m struggling here.
I usually think your sensible.
At best, he’s no better than Goldson.

Two things making me laugh here. First, the mere idea of this ever happening. And secondly, there are posters who actually believe this could be real.

Your criticism of him, which I think is fair - I would level those things at Katic as well.

Not a huge difference in terms of age between them. How would you rate Katic against him as such?
May I?
Totally agree with you here.
I’d say that we have two different types of centre back here.
Katic is possibly a better traditional centre half who defends better when being attacked often, as opposed to when teams break onto him, if you get what I mean.
He is not a ball playing centre back.
Ajer is better with the ball but isn’t as solid a “traditional” centre back as Katic is and can develop into.

Real Madrid fans must be in a right panic that they are not going to get his signature what with being in a battle with the likes of PSG and Man city.

Back