Real Madrid/Ancelloti match reaction

Assuming we do, we'd need Lille and Sevilla in that group to have any chance of qualification IMO.

In general I would have thought the same thing, a bridge too far. But with Gerrard in the mix I just don't know. He has outperformed expectations at Euro level since day one.

It's like his specialty. He immediately adapted to it while it took longer to adapt to domestic Scottish football. And he has a history of being a man to pull off Euro footballing miracles.

And I have no doubt he is driven. He always has been throughout his playing career and now he's at a stage in his managerial career where he could cement his status as the obvious replacement for Klopp. This could do it.

That mad Madrid fan haha. There 1st pre season game after the beach. Madrid fans are like us one bad result and its fire haha

Thing is, I don't think they have any more pre-season games lined up from now until the start of their season. They are Real Madrid, so I am sure they will be fine in the long-term, but it seems odd they have not lined up more pre-season games.

In addition to that I would suspect that the side Real fielded had a similar value to an EPL side. And yes we are ahead of them in pre season prep but so were the yahoos ahead of West Ham.

Ahead of us even. They have played a competitive game.

I have seen pundits who know more about football than I do say that Gerrard will be targeting knockout stages. I thought that a tall order given that would mean finishing at least second in a group and considering what's already in pots 1 and 2 for the CL groups draw.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

We would be in a group that would include one side from each of those pots in it. We would need to be beating such sides to reach those knockout stages but some think Gerrard is clearly targeting doing so.

The "easiest draw" from those 2 is some combination of Sporting and Lille, from pot 1 and Sevilla and Dortmund, from pot 2. Neither would be a particularly easy task, but id relish it all the same.

In addition to that I would suspect that the side Real fielded had a similar value to an EPL side. And yes we are ahead of them in pre season prep but so were the yahoos ahead of West Ham.

I have seen pundits who know more about football than I do say that Gerrard will be targeting knockout stages. I thought that a tall order given that would mean finishing at least second in a group and considering what's already in pots 1 and 2 for the CL groups draw.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

We would be in a group that would include one side from each of those pots in it. We would need to be beating such sides to reach those knockout stages but some think Gerrard is clearly targeting doing so.
Some cracking away trips there. Let’s hope away fans will be allowed at these games.

Just catching up on the post match pressers from yesterday’s match on YouTube. I noticed that Real streamed the game on their YouTube channel, where a phenomenal 1.6 million tuned in to watch the match, crazy numbers to watch the famous emerge victorious

They better hope we don't draw them in the Group stages because we will skud them home and away.

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

Third place in the CL gets you knock out football.

Did Real Madrid not sack Capello when they won the league due to his style of football?

I think it’s safe to say they have a pretty high standard

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

Give us a group with Sporting and Sevilla and we're topping that bad boy without breaking sweat.

And I'm only half joking... B-D

Fair enough the boy is expecting his team to win against us but it's a bit of an overreaction for their first pre-season game with more than half of their first choice squad not even travelling over.

He's speaking there like that's the team that's going into their first league game on Wednesday rather than their top players still to even start training again.

It's not just us that do it then!
It's what winners expect

Fair enough the boy is expecting his team to win against us but it's a bit of an overreaction for their first pre-season game with more than half of their first choice squad not even travelling over.

He's speaking there like that's the team that's going into their first league game on Wednesday rather than their top players still to even start training again.

FFS does the caant ever take a breath?

That's what I thought, this is akin to the Partick Thistle meltdown on here. No doubt Madrid will scud Bayern or the like in a glamour friendly before the season starts and the meltdown ends

Thing is, I don't think they have any more pre-season games lined up from now until the start of their season. They are Real Madrid, so I am sure they will be fine in the long-term, but it seems odd they have not lined up more pre-season games.
I'm sure it was mentioned this was their 3rd game! So it's not like we've caught them cold

56 is ours for the taking.
Stay professional and show the same hunger and it’s our title. Yes there will be difficult games, we will not always play well but only one team is winning our trophy!

Nope definitely the 3rd however the 1st 2 were BCD

Apologies just read:
The Whites' squad travel to Glasgow keen to get some minutes under their belts and get up to speed following some tough sessions at Real Madrid City that have included training matches against Fuenlabrada and Rayo Vallecano

Pot 1
Chelsea
Villarreal
Atletico Madrid
Manchester City
Inter Milan
Bayern Munich
Lille
Sporting CP

Pot 2
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Paris Saint-Germain
Manchester United
Liverpool
Sevilla
Borussia Dortmund

It’s Ibrox Baby. We can beat anyone at home and they can take points off each other.

Reactions: TQ3
It was their third pre-season game. They'd played two behind closed doors before us.

He's as mental as 90% of the match thread commentators in our third pre-season game against Arsenal. A game where likewise we were missing tons of first team players.
Off topic but I actually hate your avatar lol

Back