Real Madrid player shaking hands with Gerrard during the game

That’s something that you just can’t buy, and that’s worldwide renown and respect.

How lucky are we to have this guy as our manager? I mean, seriously, how lucky are we as a club and a fanbase to see this man in our dugout leading us to glory?

Awe inspiring!
I never thought King could pull it off.
I initially thought it was almost a gimmick to tell us he’d learned a harsh lesson and there’d never be another Pedro.
I’m so glad I got it wrong and DK was successful.

We’ve had the likes of Gazza, Laudrup and McCoist, instantly recognisable stars around Europe or the UK.

We now have a global superstar who IMO was only eclipsed by Beckham for worldwide following, he’s absolutely massive throughout Asia etc
I’d never thought about it like that.
I might have thought Rooney and maybe even Lampard and possibly Rednapp with their partners fame to include, would have been ahead.
So, I asked my wife what she thought.
Obviously, Beckham was way ahead.
Sadly though, she could allay my fears.
Maybe not Rednapp but, as a person with very little interest in football, she hadn’t really known of Gerrard before joining Rangers.

I might have thought Rooney and maybe even Lampard and possibly Rednapp with their partners fame to include, would have been ahead.
So, I asked my wife what she thought.
Obviously, Beckham was way ahead.
Sadly though, she could allay my fears.
Maybe not Rednapp but, as a person with very little interest in football, she hadn’t really known of Gerrard before joining Rangers.
Not that it’s a complete view of it but Gerrard has 9.1m Instagram followers
Rooney has 15.1m so he’s miles ahead which shocked me tbh
Lampard has 4.7m
Redknapp has just over 1m

Not that it’s a complete view of it but Gerrard has 9.1m Instagram followers
Rooney has 15.1m so he’s miles ahead which shocked me tbh
Lampard has 4.7m
Redknapp has just over 1m
As good a way as any regarding something so petty!

One thing I did note that despite Real Madrid being a footballing superpower their social media did seem to suggest they had enjoyed being at Ibrox and seeing our fantastic, iconic stadium. We still carry a certain gravitas as a club which is undeniable.
That’s because we are. Don’t need Madrid to validate.

I am in Liverpool for a few days on my way back from Cornwall on holiday. Every man to a dog (even the Everton supporters) agree that we have a special man at the helm. There is an agreed acceptance that he is destined for greatness as a manager as much as he was as a player.
He is more than a winner. That is a stereotype that is un-becoming. He is a man who exhibits an aura of perfection. We should embrace what we have, one day he will leave. Until then, however, enjoy the man who gave us back our place in the football world.

Latest posts

Back