Real Madrid Tickets

I try not to post "I'm raging" stuff, but this has hacked me off I have to admit.
Don’t get me wrong I am delighted to be returning to Ibrox on Saturday night,but folk who didn’t commit to buying friendlies getting Real Madrid tickets they didn’t sign up for is a kick in the stones.
On this occasion they need to explain the process,as why would anyone commit to the friendly CCCS in the future to get treated like this.

Maybe c1872 could request a response from the club.

it can’t be undone now. But it would be good to know why and what will happen next time

Aye I’d like to see an explanation here to be honest.

Why do I bother committing at the start of the season? Why did I fork out for MyGers again?

No confidence in the system at all.
Call it what it is mate, it’s a fucking disgrace and the club have shafted people who committed to buying any friendly - Raith or Real, Annan or Arsenal

The SLO knew what was about to happen with his tweet yet there’s no fucking explanation why they’ve decided to do this

Honestly, the club are testing my patience and goodwill now

Anyone else arse making buttons with this queue? Said 5 minutes, then 10, then 20, now 45

I'll sit anywhere, let me in!!

When there's only 17k attending they'll only have certain areas open like they have for the 12.5k capacity Real Madrid game.

Successful fans will pick an area out of those that are available then be sent your ticket by email. The QR code within the email is basically the ticket.
aw ffs i hope that isn't going to be the norm much easier to scan ticket/card at turnstile.

Stupid question - we got offered Real Madrid. Will it be our own seats or different? Just wondered if we would be sat near each other.
You pick an area from those available and then a seat from that area will be chosen for you.

Maybe c1872 could request a response from the club.

it can’t be undone now. But it would be good to know why and what will happen next time
It can be undone and similars happened before

Remember there was a system glitch for a Celtic home game which allowed fans to buy an extra ticket only for all to be refunded as it was an error

I ticked the friendlies box, and was delighted to receive an Arsenal ticket. After that, I wasn’t fussed if I received one for the subsequent games, as I knew that I was in a small minority of those who were fortunate in that ballot.

However, now that I find out that folk who didn’t sign up for friendlies are receiving tickets I am pretty puzzled. Surely if you are the TO, you play safe? You know those who have requested all friendlies, so you sell to them?

Could you imagine a scenario where we have an allocation vs Motherwell away and folk get offered them who only want to attend Ibrox?

Think I will just give up websites a fu*kin disgrace. Got email for son saying he has real ticket but it won’t let me purchase the bloody thing. Just keeps saying a maximum of 1 ticket can be purchased.

I hear you and I do think those on CCCS have been shafted with getting Brighton over Real Madrid.

People have to remember though that those getting tickets are all season ticket holders who'd have had the chance to go anyway pre covid. I personally don't think those should have been shafted who choose not to have rangers take it automatically and seems someone at rangers agreed.

What I do think is those who were on CCCS should have

1) Got the choice to pick one game of the two

Or

2) being allocated the more prestigious game

Unfortunately there's not much time for the club to allow fans to make a choice.

There would be complaints if people were automatically assigned both Brighton and Madrid tickets, even if they had ticked the friendlies box.

The club probably had good intentions thinking that ST holders would love a chance to get back to Ibrox, even if they hadn't ticked the box.

So

Renew season tickets

Get offered Brighton game (which we took).

BUT feel we’ve been penalised as others who haven’t ticked friendlies are getting the Real Madrid game !!!!

Would it not have been easier to offer/allocate everyone who ticked for friendlies the Real game then offer/allocate the Brighton game and any unused tickets for Real to those who didn’t choose friendlies. Or is that too sensible !!!!

It’s almost as if someone who has no idea about football has said, there’s two games here let’s allow the friendly box tickers into the first game as a reward and let the non friendly tickets into the second game.

Unfortunately there's not much time for the club to allow fans to make a choice.

There would be complaints if people were automatically assigned both Brighton and Madrid tickets, even if they had ticked the friendlies box.

The club probably had good intentions thinking that ST holders would love a chance to get back to Ibrox, even if they hadn't ticked the box.
In that case, give CCCS friendlies members the option of what game they preferred

Club then try and assign their first choice but if not able, they get second choice

Not exactly hard. Quick enough to take £ off is all the time

So

Renew season tickets

BUT feel we’ve been penalised as others who haven’t ticked friendlies are getting the Real Madrid game !!!!

Would it not have been easier to allocate everyone who ticked for friendlies the Real game then offer/allocate the Brighton game and any unused tickets for Real to those who didn’t choose friendlies. Or is that too sensible !!!!

We are being taken for mugs now. I’ve let it slide loads but this is just ripping it now.

So

Renew season tickets

Would it not have been easier to offer/allocate everyone who ticked for friendlies the Real game then offer/allocate the Brighton game and any unused tickets for Real to those who didn’t choose friendlies. Or is that too sensible !!!!
I agree and I got Real as I didn't tick friendlies

At a time of reduced capacities, if you hadn't ticked the box you shouldn't have got a ticket unless by some miracle they went to public sale.

There should have been a ballot for EVERY friendly that was done for everyone who ticked the box

Get Arsenal - not in the Brighton ballot unless there are more tickets than people left over
Get Brighton/Arsenal - not in the RM ballot until everyone who hadn't had a ticked, got a ticket.
Then ballot the remaining folk on the scheme
Then if tickets left over - go for it

It's like starting dishing out away tickets to folk that had signed up for all home games.

I think that's basically what @Papasmurf said now too

That's exactly what it is.

They have season ticket holders many of which didn't get to a game last season.

It simply wouldn't have been fair for those on CCCS to get both games and season ticket holders who didn't tick the box get nothing.

People are understandably annoyed with the actual way they've allocated them but I think getting the most season ticket holders into the games is fair.

Absolute shambles - Season Ticket, My Gers, Signed up to CCCS, Signed up to Friendlies and....

....Nothing for either Brighton or Madrid.

Treated like a c*nt by the club again. As usual.

The only thing that can maybe pass as an excuse is everyone on the tick box scheme was allocated one of the first two games, thereafter it was opened up to ST holding MyGers members.
You don’t tick friendlies, guess what, you shouldn’t get friendlies. Imagine the uproar if it was some pishy wee team and folk who didn’t tick got money taken against their wishes? Where are you Greg? Gonna be an interesting explanation.

It simply wouldn't have been fair for those on CCCS to get both games and season ticket holders who didn't tick the box get nothing.

People are understandably annoyed with the actual way they've allocated them but I think getting the most season ticket holders into the games is fair.

Sorry this is nonsense. If folk wanted to go to Real Madrid they could’ve ticked the friendly box.

It’s indefensible.

I’ve spent the last hour trying to get a Brighton ticket as got the email to say I was successful. I sign up for absolutely everything inc friendlies.

No matter what stand I try it keeps saying no seats available.

Now I am coming on here and seeing people are getting Real Madrid despite not even signing up for friendlies and I can’t even get one for bloody Brighton. Shambles :))

Season ticket holder and Mygers member. Have also been told I've been successful in ballot and have the offer of a ticket for the Real Madrid game. I didn't tick the box for friendlies.

As I have little interest in attending friendly matches I won't be taking up the offer and hopefully the ticket will be offered to somebody who wants to go.

How can anyone say that's fair ffs? People who had no intention of going to a friendly snapping up Real Madrid tickets and people who ticked the box getting landed with Brighton, it's genuinely shocking.

I agree and I got Real as I didn't tick friendlies
Nothing against yourself or anyone who got/gets offered the Real Madrid game - hope you enjoy yourselves - but to me, this is a p!stake from the club.

Yes I’m delighted we’re getting back to watch Rangers, but surely there aren’t 12,750 who signed up for friendlies? So there would still have been tickets available for other season ticket holders after accommodating those who signed up for the friendlies for the Real Madrid game??

Last edited:

Yes it would - the people who guarantee to buy tickets for all friendlies should be the ones who get the tickets first. What else is the point of committing to it?

Season ticket holder and Mygers member. Have also been told I've been successful in ballot and have the offer of a ticket for the Real Madrid game. I didn't tick the box for friendlies.

As I have little interest in attending friendly matches I won't be taking up the offer and hopefully the ticket will be offered to somebody who wants to go.
ive PM'd u mate

If they wanted to go to a friendly they could’ve added them self to the friendly cccs at any point before now.

the club should quite obviously refund all the people who bought a real ticket but weren’t signed up to the friendly ticket scheme and give them to those who did tick it. There is genuinely not one explanation for this

They can refund my Brighton ticket while they are at it cos I’m genuinely feeling like a mug here.

I’ve decided to do the Protestant thing too and not purchase a ticket.

Back