Real Madrid Tickets

Am I misunderstanding as there seems to be a lot of claim and counter claim

the way I’m reading it is everyone who ticked home friendlies has been offered arsenal, Brighton or Real Madrid. However as there are more tickets than people who ticked the box the next step of the ballot goes to MyGers members?
Yes but you are reading it completely wrong.

If you did not tick the box for home friendlies then you shouldn’t get a ticket to any of them until all the people that did get there’s.

As a previous poster said:

"You tick the box to guarantee your ticket - if capacity is less than the number wanting one then you run a ballot

But you don't ballot outside of those who have ticked the box til after you have offered everyone who has ticked the box to guarantee a ticket an offer."

surely they need to do the ballot again?

don’t laugh at the back…

yes

But we ticked all home friendlies, not 1 of a selection.

We'd all expect that if an individual game the number on the scheme outweighed the number of available tickets it would be balloted - in a similar vein to how the old away scheme worked

If there are enough tickets to give out to those who haven't ticked the box - these should have initially been balloted to those who ticked the box in the first instance. For every game

Not just, you got Brighton, so you're out of Real Madrid
It is a shiter mate and I say that as someone who ticked friendlies. I can only imagine they’re “trying” to reward all or as many season ticket holders as possible for last season.

I've managed to buy my boy his ticket but can't get mine sorted and now back in the queue to get back on the site. The q code is on my phone and I was wondering do you need the q code after going through the turnstiles for your seat? I wouldn't be happy to hand over my phone to my boy as he's likely to lose it. I'm starting to think the boy got a ticket and I didn't.

Am I misunderstanding as there seems to be a lot of claim and counter claim

the way I’m reading it is everyone who ticked home friendlies has been offered arsenal, Brighton or Real Madrid. However as there are more tickets than people who ticked the box the next step of the ballot goes to MyGers members?
Some season ticket holders not in Mygers getting offered a ticket.

Nobody has been for well over a year and now we have folk that ticked the friendlies box wanting into all the games without giving everyone a crack at it. Selfish.

These are unusual times and unique circumstances. If getting this ticket means I've missed out on the Livi game to someone that didn't get to any of the friendlies then fair dos.

It is a shiter mate and I say that as someone who ticked friendlies. I can only imagine they’re “trying” to reward all or as many season ticket holders as possible for last season.
but by "trying" to please as many as possible, they're actually pissing off an absolute mountain of people

No-one at all, who hadn't ticked the Friendlies box, could have any complaints if they got zero tickets for games they didn't tick the box for

Seems MyGers + Friendly subscribers were balloted for Brighton, then whoever didn’t get one got a Real Madrid ticket allocated and the rest were balloted among MyGers.

Fucking genius, would much rather watch the Reserves play Brighton.

Yeah should have been the opposite way round. I signed up for everything, as per normal and MyGers member, and got a Brighton one….

I'm a MyGers member but didn't tick the "friendlies" box on my form but I still got sent an email saying I had won a ticket in the ballot.
I obviously assumed that everyone who had ticked the friendlies box had been taken care of and the next in line (MyGers members) were now being offered the remaining tickets.
I've spent the last two hours trying to purchase the ticket I was apparently supposed to have won in the ballot to absolutely no effect!
At the end of the day I'd love to have gone but not at the expense of folk who've already committed to buying all the friendlies tickets.
The Ticket Office has screwed up spectacularly here!
We're seeing the push to drive absolute professionalism throughout our club since the regime change but it seems like this hasn't applied to the ticket office.
What an absolute shambles!
:(

Nobody has been for well over a year and now we have folk that ticked the friendlies box wanting into all the games without giving everyone a crack at it. Selfish.

These are unusual times and unique circumstances. If getting this ticket means I've missed out on the Livi game to someone that didn't get to any of the friendlies then fair dos.

What is the purpose of ticking the 'All Home Friendlies' box? Genuine question.

Isn't that literally the reason for ticking the box?

You get a crack at getting into the games before people who didn't tick the box - if the number of tickets means there are left over after the scheme has been fulfilled then ballot them beyond that

No-one should be out the Livi ballot for getting a ticket for a friendly

I don’t think that is what anyone is saying, at all.

I’m happy for every bear who is getting along but they’ve made an arse of it, plain and simple.

Utter disgrace from Rangers on this farce.

I say that as someone who never complains on ticket matters, but this is beyond stupidity.

Tick for home friendlies and get the lesser game of two.
Don't tick for friendlies and you get the prestige game of two.

Rangers can fucking ram their friendlies from here on in as far as I'm concerned.

Shambles.
Can't disagree with a word of this.

I've managed to buy my boy his ticket but can't get mine sorted and now back in the queue to get back on the site. The q code is on my phone and I was wondering do you need the q code after going through the turnstiles for your seat? I wouldn't be happy to hand over my phone to my boy as he's likely to lose it. I'm starting to think the boy got a ticket and I didn't.
Can you not send a screenshot to your boy's phone?

No idea, you'd need to ask Rangers or the people that did and if they got to Arsenal and have a second ticket from the games this weekend?

You are saying people that ticked the All Home Friendlies box are being selfish but I don't see anything other than a legitimate reason for grievance.

How are they being selfish when they are literally the group the tickets should have been divided amongst?

As a previous poster said:

"You tick the box to guarantee your ticket - if capacity is less than the number wanting one then you run a ballot

But you don't ballot outside of those who have ticked the box til after you have offered everyone who has ticked the box to guarantee a ticket an offer."

I can understand both sides of the argument to be fair

getting as many different people into Ibrox as possible and giving more people a chance

but home friendlies Should be there for people that ticked home friendlies

I’m just glad we are back at Ibrox in all honesty and I’m not going to getting knickers in a twist either way

Those who ticked friendlies and receieved an Arsenal or Brighton ticket should have been balloted together for RM before anyone who isn't in the friendlies scheme gets a ticket. If it means some get 2 or more friendlies then so be it. That's what they signed up for. The other ST holders haven't and could have had no complaints.

Arsenal, Brighton, Real Madrid or Cumbernauld Colts

If Rangers are playing them in a friendly at Ibrox, then anyone in the All Home Friendlies CCCS should be, at the very least, in the ballot.

Fact of the matter is, that didn't happen - and that farce from the Club is the entire issue

I would not have been annoyed at missing out if every ticket went to a person on that scheme

Same as (as frustrating as it was at times) the old away scheme tickets only went to those on the scheme.

MyGers, and any other CCCS selection should never have came into play for this until after everyone on the scheme had been balloted for every game

I can understand both sides of the argument to be fair

getting as many different people into Ibrox as possible and giving more people a chance

but home friendlies Should be there for people that ticked home friendlies

I’m just glad we are back at Ibrox in all honesty and I’m not going to getting knickers in a twist either way

I'm all for getting everyone back to Ibrox ASAP.

I don't begrudge anyone a ticket.

But either utilise the Friendlies subscription or just ballot everyone. It's one or the other surely not some weird mix.

but by "trying" to please as many as possible, they're actually pissing off an absolute mountain of people

No-one at all, who hadn't ticked the Friendlies box, could have any complaints if they got zero tickets for games they didn't tick the box for
I do agree mate…however now that it’s a free for all I’ll take an RM ticket if anyone had one going spare!!

Those who ticked friendlies and receieved an Arsenal or Brighton ticket should have been balloted together for RM before anyone who isn't in the friendlies scheme gets a ticket. If it means some get 2 or more friendlies then so be it. That's what they signed up for. The other ST holders haven't and could have had no complaints.
I agree, I think that’s the way it should have been done as anyone who didn’t sign up for friendlies couldn’t really complain if they don’t get a ticket for a friendly especially when they still could have signed up after the friendly fixtures were announced

Its not really.
In fact, it’s not what the problem is.

It’s that people who ticked friendlies are missing the most prestigious match and they’re right to be fucked off.

There should have been joined up thinking and common sense.
Everyone on the home friendlies(if it’s sub 10k as mooted) gets Madrid, the rest of the tickets are distributed as you describe…

Then this isn’t even a thread.

Yes, expecting to get tickets for something you specifically made the effort to tick a box which guarantees you a chance of a ticket for all friendlies is selfish. If those people wanted to go the friendlies, they should’ve ticked the box.

Replace friendlies with euro aways and this is deja vu :)) Some people might only tick friendlies so why should they get tickets before someone who goes anywhere and everywhere but didn't tick the friendlies box :))

I am only parodying travel club threads before anyone thinks I'm serious

Then if all the people who ticked the box got either a Brighton or Madrid ticket, the remaining tickets should have went back to the ones who were at the opposite game to attend the other game, then after that the ticket ballot could have went to people who didn't tick the box.

Shambles people are going to see Brighton and not allowed to go on Sunday even if they can or want to and people who didn't tick the box will now probably get to go and see Real Madrid

Aye. Like those who tick the semi finals boxes wanting into all the semi finals. Selfish. And those who buy a season ticket wanting into all the league games. Selfish.

is anyone else having problems at the buying stage ?

I'm selecting which stand and area I wish to purchase a ticket for only to get this message

"There are not enough tickets available for what you requested. Please change the quantity and try again."

I've randomly put in which stand and area differently a few times now, frustrating as phuck that there's no options to what's available seat-wise.

I'm only asking for 1 ticket for my self as its not giving me the usual friends and family option, I'll probably have to go through it all again for my nephews ticket which will have problems as all our correspondence with Rangers regarding tickets are my email address, so that'll cause problems when they send the QR code when/if i eventually get to buy these Phuckin tickets.

Shambles from the TO

btw it's for the Real game

Last edited:
Some amount of mentalists on here, if you didn't sign up for friendlies how should you get a ticket ahead of someone who did?

How can you defend that? For a club the size of Rangers, our ticket office is shockingly poor.

To balls this up is incomprehensible it’s easy and yet the club still managed to make a mess of it.

It’s one argument to query whether supporters should receive tickets to more than one reduced-capacity game.

But it’s a another to suggest that those who ticked a box giving priority on friendlies and financially committing to those games at renewal time, should be prevented from attending the prestige tie because making that financial commitment in advance has resulted in them being allocated a ticket to a lesser game. This could have been avoided by allocating all those who ticked the friendly box a Madrid ticket and any remaining Madrid tickets - and Brighton tickets - could have gone to supporters who didn’t tick the box. I dare say some friendly box tickers would be unhappy at that, but nowhere near as many who are unhappy now.

Some amount of mentalists on here, if you didn't sign up for friendlies how should you get a ticket ahead of someone who did?

How can you defend that? For a club the size of Rangers, our ticket office is shockingly poor.
The IQ of half our ticket office is probably akin to early teens. Honestly never encountered such an incompetent group of people (there’s only 2 that I’m happy dealing with)

We were in the midst of these “unusual times and unique circumstances” when I signalled my interest in attending friendly matches, regardless of opposition and regardless of whether we’d even be permitted to attend by ticking the box. Likewise, those who were disinterested in friendlies chose not to tick the box. That’s really no excuse for Rangers moving the goalposts here for punters who have persevered with season tickets and MyGers subs.

It's the equivalent of giving a CCCS season ticket holder tickets for the CL qualifiers, then making them inelligible for the CL proper and going to public sale instead..

I tick the friendlies box, I'm risking paying £20 to watch Rangers play Rochdale (no offence to any lurking Rochdale fans).

Once everyone who signed up to the friendlies has been allocated a ticket, I expect to be back in the ballot again.

Everyone had the opportunity to tick the box. If you choose not to, I'm afraid you should be at the end of the queue.

Last edited:

Selfish. Very good haha

Would these people desperate to return have bothered if it was Elgin or fucking East Stirling?

Because the people that committed to friendlies CCCS would’ve absolutely been buying their tickets

It’s one argument to query whether supporters should receive tickets to more than one reduced-capacity game.

But it’s a another to suggest that those who ticked a box giving priority on friendlies and financially committing to those games at renewal time, should be prevented from attending the prestige tie because making that financial commitment in advance has resulted in them being allocated a ticket to a lesser game. This could have been avoided by allocating all those who ticked the friendly box a Madrid ticket and any remaining Madrid tickets - and Brighton tickets - could have gone to supporters who didn’t tick the box. I dare say some friendly box tickers would be unhappy at that, but nowhere near as many who are unhappy now.
Or, we could have balloted Brighton properly, then anyone who didn't have a ticket to that got one to RM, then balloted the rest

And only then were they balloted to supporters who hadn't ticked the box

You know, like how the old Away scheme worked

I'm not sure what's worse, people not getting a ticket who should have, or having to wait 2 fucking hours in a queue when they have my cccs. Surely that's the point of the cccs so you don't need to worry about this shite?

Back