Real Madrid Tickets

Not to divert the thread (got no email and didnt tick friendlies, so only hoping for the Livi ballot, which based on this shambles doesn't look promising). The only system that ever seemed to work fairly for tickets was the old TC, something the Club management in ticketing schemes/arrangements chose to dump.

ha ha so true

I don’t think I’ve seen anyone act like that.

what you are seeing is people (rightfully) pissed off that people who don’t want a ticket to a game getting them ahead of those who did
Who says that the people who are being offered the tickets didn't want to go?

I'm not in the cccs for the simple reason that I am not interested in going to Hampden not because I don't go to every home game (which I do).

All signing up to the cccs does is tell the club to automatically take money out of your account not to put you ahead of fellow season ticket holders for games at Ibrox.

A fact some seem to be missing.

I really don’t understand what’s going on. I got the email for Brighton around 3:30pm but I was too busy to go online and get one then. I’ve been trying since around 5pm and I can’t get one for love nor money. I’ve tried pretty much every single stand and section and keeps saying none available. It would be handy if there was the usual online map of seats available so you could pick one!

Real kick in the teeth this, especially seeing people getting Madrid who haven’t ticked friendlies and I have.

the wording of the email did look suspect saying you’ve been given a ticket but ‘first come first serve’. Bit of a contradiction.

Last edited:
I think here the numbers being talked about who tickets friendlies is about 9k. There should, on that basis be 3500 getting Real tickets beyond those who ticked it.

Does look like it's not be a perfect situation though from any point of view if those who ticked got Brighton as a priority then didn't get a Real option.

I can see why folk who are upset. They should have had the option to choose if they ticked it. I bet even a good number wouldn't have taken Real as the date didn't suit but the choice should have been there.

Can understand the club doing what they've done to get more people in to the games though. Maybe those who've lost out on Real should be given a priority in the Livi ballot as recompence?
Livi should be a straight ballot between the season ticket holders.

1 in 3 chance there should be no priority at all.

It’s a genuine disgrace that people who signed up for friendlies are missing out and people who didn’t sign up for them are getting Real Madrid tickets.

I say that as someone who didn’t sign up for the friendlies and got a Real Madrid ticket too btw.

I'm not in the cccs for the simple reason that I am not interested in going to Hampden not because I don't go to every home game (which I do).

All signing up to the cccs does is tell the club to automatically take money out of your account not to put you ahead of fellow season ticket holders for games at Ibrox.

But the Home Friendlies CCCS is different to the All Non Season Ticket Home Games CCCS

Signing up for the CCCS should guarantee me my ticket, unless the demand on the Friendlies CCCS, outstrips capacity

You don't tick the box for friendlies, you shouldn't be surprised if you miss out

Same as if you don't tick the box for Hampden, you don't get a ticket for Hampden

Hah I don’t think many don’t want to see rangers play madrid :D

and I’m not really sure what you are saying tbh.

the option to select friendlies is for fans who want to see rangers play in friendlies. Not playing Real Madrid in friendlies.

surely you can see it’s a farce?

It’s a genuine disgrace that people who signed up for friendlies are missing out and people who didn’t sign up for them are getting Real Madrid tickets.

I say that as someone who didn’t sign up for the friendlies and got a Real Madrid ticket too btw.
Are you giving it back? ;)

All signing up to the cccs does is tell the club to automatically take money out of your account not to put you ahead of fellow season ticket holders.

This is incorrect. You are financially committing to games regardless of who the opposition is. To do this & then miss out on such a glamour tie to fans not making the same commitment is a boot in the balls.

To argue otherwise as those who tickets ‘wanted to go’ is missing the point. Of course folk want to go see us play Real Madrid.

FWIW I’m just happy to be going on Saturday & have zero anger but agree 100% it’s a farce.

Not to divert the thread (got no email and didnt tick friendlies, so only hoping for the Livi ballot, which based on this shambles doesn't look promising). The only system that ever seemed to work fairly for tickets was the old TC, something the Club management in ticketing schemes/arrangements chose to dump.
The ticket office has consistently been the most haphazard part of the club in the whole time I have been buying tickets myself from the mid 90's.

Signing up to the cccs allows the club to guarantee certain attendances for less glamorise early round home cup ties.

the place would be less than half full otherwise, paying for and attending those less glamorous games should get you a priority for Hampden games.

It's clear what the club have done is offer everyone on the cccs a ticket (there seems to be a misconception that cccs are only being offered Brighton tickets which is not true) and then offered the remaining tickets to ST/My Gers members.

I get why people would prefer the Real Madrid game (obvs) but I think its fair that ST/My Gers members are offered a ticket.

People are acting like its folk off the street that are getting the Real tickets.
People who are getting Real Madrid tickets had the chance to tick the friendlies box like everyone else, so your well off the mark there.

Do you think that is fair?

I fully understand your delighted but would you be if we were playing Bury?

It would only be unfair if those who ticked home friendlies were not offered any game from Arsenal, Brighton or Real Madrid. It’s my understanding that the home friendly group were offered at least 1.

I got my email earlier and have tried to buy but keep getting "Undefined Error (W6)" and doesn't let me go any further.
I haven't read this whole thread but anyone else getting similar?

They didn't tick the box for friendlies. That kinda means they aren't interested. It's got nothing to do with CCCS. You either tick the friendly games box or you don't. You can still be on CCCS doing either.

Did he not say the opposite a couple of hours ago? This is what people are raging about, they make out like there’s some sort of system in place when they make it up as they go along.

That’s the point people wanting to argue are missing, nobody is angry at anyone who’s been given a ticket or feels like they’re more deserving. They have ballsed this up and they either have to apologise or rectify it

You're wrong.

Ticking either the friendlies or the home non season ticket games enters you into a deal with Rangers that you get priority over those who don't bother.

This whole thing is obviously only because of covid and reduced capacity, but it's a glaringly obvious point of principle. Committing to something gives you first priority over those who have the chance to, but choose not to do so.

Absolutely nobody who ticked the friendlies box should miss out when people who didn't tick it have been allocated tickets. We absolutely are not equal when it comes to Ibrox games not covered by the season ticket.

I’m not signed up to CCCS but have mygers and seem to be in a minority going by this thread as someone who HASNT got one. My Dad has and he’s the exact same combo. My ST is in club deck, I dunno if anyone in the club deck got one? Could that be a potential issue?

Absolutely pointless having a friendlies box to tick if it doesn’t guarantee you a ticket (or at least a chance to get a ticket) for friendlies. People getting one without having ticked the box is laughably incompetent from Rangers. Every STH had the chance to tick it this summer in the knowledge there would be limited if any capacity, and if they chose not to that’s on them.

Absolutely no idea why people in MyGers are getting one - perhaps the club feeling when they ask people to pay £40 for a glorified restructuring of the ticket allocation system they need to throw them a bone like this now and again.

Having said that, kind of highlights the issue with MyGers - people pay £40 a year and if you’re a fan who goes to most games anyway you’re essentially paying that to get at best the same access to tickets as you did previously, or in this case even worse access as apparently MyGers membership usurps the boxes season ticket holders have the option to tick. IMO it will become apparent over this season that MyGers offers little to no benefit to fans who do go to games regularly and if anything is just making the process for tickets more convoluted than it needs to be. I like parts of it like the loyalty points - I have no idea why we have to pay £40 a year to have said loyalty points when it’s a system used by clubs up and down Britain at no extra cost to the fans.

They’d be better just sticking £40 on ST prices and making MyGers exclusively for those who don’t get to games much and those who live abroad - all it’s doing in situations like today is creating an extra problem that doesn’t need to be there.

Did he not say the opposite a couple of hours ago? This is what people are raging about, they make out like there’s some sort of system in place when they make it up as they go along.

That’s the point people wanting to argue are missing, nobody is angry at anyone who’s been given a ticket or feels like they’re more deserving. They have ballsed this up and they either have to apologise or rectify it
Yes.

What's peeing me off is the big fan fare announcement of the Real game which sounds like it's now billed as the big game of the weekend and after committing yourself to all home friendlies, the one that haven't bothered with the friendlies get that game.

I think he’s saying if you’re allocated a ticket for Brighton it doesn’t matter if you buy it or not you’re out the ballot for RM.

But that’s not what’s folk are upset about.
The man is incompetent with a response like that when they found out they had made a mistake the ballot should have been done again it’s obvious the system is not fit for purpose when it can’t tell if your interested in going to a game and can’t be bothered to go to friendlys

Back