Real Madrid Tickets

You’re clearly less of a cynic than me - I don’t think it was a cock up.

I think they weren’t sure about trying to sell tickets for two matches back to back.

Solution?

Punt the ‘lesser’ tickets onto those who are committed to buying friendlies no matter what and put the ‘glamour tie’ on sale to everyone else knowing that there would be big demand (which there wouldn’t have been for Brighton.)

Am I wrong?
Agree with you.
I know several who don’t do friendlies,but will pop along on Sunday night with their lads as tickets were offered to them by the club (fair play to them,not their fault they got the ticket offer).
All have said if it was Brighton friendly tickets they were offered they wouldn’t be going.

We’ll find out when the Madrid tickets not taken up get punted to those on CCCS for friendlies after the deadline tomorrow.

I’m guessing that’s when the login details for the club’s social media accounts are mysteriously found again as well….
To be fair, it's got nothing to do with the media team.

Surely now with the 5 carders getting 18,500 into the cesspitt it gives Rangers the licence to have the same amount at Ibrox for Brighton & Real Madrid?

Reactions: VGM
For what it is worth.
I got the email saying I had been selected for ticket in madrid ballet.
I then logged in to the rangers site and it would not let me purchase a ticket.
I then went back to my email and this time I followed the link that said to buy click here. I did that and then was able to buy the ticket.
Not sure if I just got lucky but might b worth a try for anyone having issues purchasing their balloted ticket

I think they weren’t sure about trying to sell tickets for two matches back to back.

Solution?

Punt the ‘lesser’ tickets onto those who are committed to buying friendlies no matter what and put the ‘glamour tie’ on sale to everyone else knowing that there would be big demand (which there wouldn’t have been for Brighton.)

Am I wrong?
If the standard process of taking payment was followed there is no such thing as "lesser" tickets and it wouldn't matter if the games were a day apart of a month apart. All friendlies means all friendlies, no matter who against or when it's played. The commitment to buy that you mention was already in place and there was an expectation that 2 payments would have been taken for this weekends games. That's what I signed up for.
With the 9,000ish who also made this commitment to buy any friendly, against any opposition and on any day of the year there would be no concerns about selling any remaining few thousand tickets to fans who didn't make the same commitment.

Genuine question:

I was picked (son too) in the ballot for the Madrid game. However, given the rigmarole of actually trying purchase the tickets I’m giving it a pass.

If, I get picked in the ballot for Livi and don’t want to attend (the boy doesn’t want to go back until everyone is back) could I still purchase and then pass both on to someone who is a STH? One adult and one concession?
I'm not venturing back until it's back to normal for league business. If I land a ticket in the ballot, I'll pass my season ticket or paper ticket on to someone who wasn't successful within my supporters club. It's not going back to the club to pick someone

They must have got the go ahead for more fans to be in the ground with both Brighton and Madrid now showing pretty much all stands available
When I purchased it showed all stands and areas available but would only let me buy in the main stand front assumed others were sold out , that was this afternoon for Madrid .

For what it is worth.
I got the email saying I had been selected for ticket in madrid ballet.
I then logged in to the rangers site and it would not let me purchase a ticket.
I then went back to my email and this time I followed the link that said to buy click here. I did that and then was able to buy the ticket.
Not sure if I just got lucky but might b worth a try for anyone having issues purchasing their balloted ticket
Enjoy the ballet mate. I'll be at the game. Want me to text you the score?

Has anyone managed to log in and buy tickets together for everyone on their friends and family.
I've been allocated Brighton but i can't seem to get the 3 of us tickets in the one transaction.

Solution?

Am I wrong?
I think you are wrong, Sir.

If done the way it normally is, and should have, folk that ticked for friendlies would have had two payments taken from their bank, no ifs, no buts.
Brighton would have been oversubscribed and 500 or so would have missed out.
Everyone would have gotten a Madrid ticket and the 3500 left would presumably have been offered on a first come first served basis to ST holders.
Too fucking simple for Rangers though.

Has anyone managed to log in and buy tickets together for everyone on their friends and family.
I've been allocated Brighton but i can't seem to get the 3 of us tickets in the one transaction.
Presume the other two both got a ticket offer?
If so choose three tickets,allocate one against each name,update basket and checkout.

Buying a programme at the game from the programme seller won’t get the MyGers point.
Don’t go to game but buy programme online,get MyGers point.
(It will add up over the season).
Always Rewarded :))

If done the way it normally is, and should have, folk that ticked for friendlies would have had two payments taken from their bank, no ifs, no buts.
Everyone would have gotten a Madrid ticket and the 3500 left would presumably have been offered on a first come first served basis to ST holders.

I agree that’s what should have happened but why did they choose not to? Why choose those who ticked the box to get Brighton?

I got 2 together.

I used the link in the e-mail to start the process.

I selected a stand for 2 tickets, got 2 together on the 4th attempt.

I then used the log in link from the Basket with the 2 tickets and logged into my Rangers account.

Once in my Rangers account I could assign the other ticket in my basket, updated basket then checked out.

Uncle Bob and Aunty Fanny approved. :))

FBS

I'm just wondering if the diddy government have told them they can't have the same folk in two days running. It wouldn't surprise me for them to do something like that, cause science.
You definitely win the prize for lateral thinking mate...and like you say wi Natsi Nic’s puppets I’d write nothing off! Tho sure the Club would have been more forthcoming if this was the issue.

Rangers email just popped into my inbox, but just the daily "Want to buy a tracksuit?" one.
...rather than buy some new gear in Dundee United colours cos we don’t have the balls to stick wi orange and blue in case we offend anyone. Btw, thanks for all your help previously, still not managed to secure my Brighton ticket but tomorrow’s another day!

Couple of mates finally been successful in purchasing, both Main Stand Front Section P

...rather than buy some new gear in Dundee United colours cos we don’t have the balls to stick wi orange and blue in case we offend anyone. Btw, thanks for all your help previously, still not managed to secure my Brighton ticket but tomorrow’s another day!
No worries. That’s a pain in the arse. Hopefully get some joy now they seem to be opening more areas mate.

100% correct. This is what I, and every other person who ticked the box, assumed would have happened!

The club should be embarrassed at the inadequacy of the website and incompetence of the decision makers.

But we’ll get no apology or even an acknowledgement of the problem.

Instead we get emails promoting more stuff to buy.

The club should be embarrassed at the inadequacy of the website and incompetence of the decision makers.

But we’ll get no apology or even an acknowledgement of the problem.

Instead we get emails promoting more stuff to buy.
Training gear & £8.50 programmes but zero explanation for shafting thousands of fans, not even a few sentences. Unreal.

I ticked friendlies. To be honest I'm not that bothered about watching a kickabout with RM reserves. I am annoyed at the way this has been done though. I'm a mug so I'll probably tick it again next year. Don't even know if I actually want to use Brighton ticket.
I’m the same. Turns out grandson is playing for his team on Sunday, so will not bother purchasing tickets.

Said it once and I’ll say it again - Rangers are good at tugging at the heart strings with emotive correspondence when they’re looking for investment but at the end of the day situations like this make it clear that the majority of staff have a total lack of foresight / do not give a %^*&.

Solution?

Am I wrong?
Yeah your are wrong - if that was the plan the would have denied folk who had signed up to All Home Friendlies from actually buying a ticket.

I have a pish seat for Brighton and just noticed they’ve got Govan Rear on now and can get prime position around halfway line. Ach well
This info just helped me finally get my 3 tickets, spent 2hrs last night and the last hour tonight messing about with different areas. Seems 3 together was remarkably hard to get which I can’t fathom for the life of me given that the stadium will be less than 20% full.

SJR here we come!

I’ve just done this for all 3, had to find a section that could accommodate us, GR2. Think you have until 3pm to complete or they will be offered to someone else.

Back