Real Madrid Tickets

If that’s true (I’ve seen the tweets you refer to btw), it’s still a disgrace that CCCS were ‘prioritised’ for the Brighton game and MyGers were prioritised for Madrid. At the very least, it should’ve been the other way around.

Are you who I think you are? GM?

If it wasn’t a glamour tie and they took money straight off people that weren’t on friendlies CCCS they’d lose the plot

But we’ve to believe it’s fair they get offered Real ahead of ST holders that signed up to it :D
To be fair the vast majority of posts I have seen from those not having ticked the box are saying it's a disgrace (which it is)

Well if that’s the case, it’s an utter disgrace

MyGers members weren’t committing to buy friendly tickets regardless of opposition where as friendlies cccs members were - whether mygers members or not

That argument doesn’t wash for me and screams that the club are looking for a technicality/play on words to dig themselves out of the shit. The only issue is, they’re digging a bigger hole and looking like bigger idiots than we already think they are

Friendlies cccs members should’ve had priority to pick which game they preferred
You could argue that you get two bites at the cherry if you ticked friendlies and also a mygers member. Those words could be twisted to your anyone's agenda

To be fair the vast majority of posts I have seen from those not having ticked the box are saying it's a disgrace (which it is)
That’s pleasing to hear, hopefully others have contacted the SLO/Robertson as well then

Even if there was something in it, it entirely misses the point.

People who signed up to friendlies should get friendlies.

Any tickets left over for any of the games should have then been offered to MyGers members and not balloted among them.

The exact same way a normal full house friendly would have worked.

There’s not. The club will be aware of some issues. However they seem to be saying those who ticked the home friendlies CCCS priority got first dibs on Arsenal and Brighton, therefore it was job done in that respect. I don’t agree with it, can see some logic in it given the numbers ticking that box would have been minimal and covered by amount of briefs available.

Id be astounded if the club aren’t in dialogue with officials to try get more fans into the games over the weekend given the mentally challengeds are getting 18k in same day as Brighton game.

There’s not. The club will be aware of some issues. However they seem to be saying those who ticked the home friendlies CCCS priority got first dibs on Arsenal and Brighton, therefore it was job done in that respect. I don’t agree with it, can see some logic in it given the numbers ticking that box would have been minimal and covered by amount of briefs available.

Id be astounded if the club aren’t in dialogue with officials to try get more fans into the games over the weekend given the mentally challengeds are getting 18k in same day as Brighton game.

Well the Govan Boys Brigade will be happy when they are allocated the tickets despite not knowing anything about the game.

Hear me out on this.

I have tweeted the SLO a couple of times about this shambles and a woman, who seems to know a bit about the process, has responded to one of my tweets. Reading between the lines I think she may work or have worked for the club.

When I referred her to the club statement that said those on mygers and the friendly scheme would have priority for Brighton/RM she said “It says home friendly and my gers members given priority not friendlies on my gers”

Is it possible the Rangers statement should have read “season ticket holders enrolled in the home friendly scheme OR mygers… will be given priority?” As in you don’t need to be both on the friendly scheme and in mygers?

Don’t shoot the messenger, I’m just thinking out loud but it would explain it and would reinforce that mygers shouldn’t have an influence on home games.
Good info and thanks for posting.

The main issue is that a few short weeks ago,at season ticket renewal time everyone had the option to either opt in (and pay for ) all friendly games or not.
Those who commited to do so got Brighton and Real Madrid tickets got offered to those who choose not to commit to friendly games.
Mygers should have nothing to do with it,as folk who are Mygers members were surprised at the Real Madrid ticket offer,something they didn’t expect.

Would be easier to get a sense of how true that is if those on here who didn't tick the box but got tickets are MyGers members.

Assuming it is true for argument's sake, it's another fck up that shows they are not very good at working out how to properly ensure fans get what they sign up for, while trying to throw rewards at folk for signing up to MG.

They've essentially taken everyone who ticked the box and balloted in chronological order of friendlies until they use everyone up, then moved onto MG members.

Said it before, each friendly fixture should've been a fresh ballot of CCCS home friendly/match members regardless of susccess in prior ballot. RM didn't need a ballot at all and all who ticked could've got a ticket before moving on to MG members or other STH.

Might get some folk on the CCCS who got all three matches and some who got none, but that's what a ballot is. It's luck of the draw and everyone who ticked the box would've had equal chance in each draw, rather than being excluded because you came out in a game you couldn't attend or that was less prestigious.

theres no doubt its an utter shambles
slightly mitigated with the pissing about from ScotGov over numbers allowed in & the delay in that info
but still a mess

i didn't pick friendlies but am in MyGers - probably how i got an option for a Madrid ticket
been so long since i've been to Ibrox & no guarantee i'll be back at Livingston, i'm taking the option

can't blame fans for doing that IMO

I have got a ticket for Brighton, paid for it. Would there be a chance of the Madrid tickets not selling and it goes to first come first served?

Someone will get mine. I’m in mygers, but I didn’t tick friendlies as I always pick and choose as usually on holiday with kids. I’m up in Harris and can’t go, so will let deadline slide, but was pretty amazed to be offered one. Hopefully someone who ticked friendlies gets it.

slightly mitigated with the pissing about from ScotGov over numbers allowed in & the delay in that info
but still a mess

i didn't pick friendlies but am in MyGers - probably how i got an option for a Madrid ticket
been so long since i've been to Ibrox & no guarantee i'll be back at Livingston, i'm taking the option

I don't blame anyone who got offered a ticket taking it up. It's not their fault and they are entitled to buy what is offered to them. It's the club that have to deal with the fallout of who they made that offer to.

Never ticked friendlies on CCCS
Got ticket for RM game through MyGers.

just wrong in my opinion and those who ticked friendlies should have been given 1st dabs.

It’s really annoying that there is still Madrid tickets left and I can’t buy one as I have Brighton.

Someone just said to me on Twitter that people who have been allocated Madrid have until 5pm today to buy a ticket.

I have got a ticket for Brighton, paid for it. Would there be a chance of the Madrid tickets not selling and it goes to first come first served?

Think those offered the Madrid tickets have a deadline today to purchase. Sure I read 3pm or 5pm somewhere. I suspect beyond that there will be offers/a ballot/ something else because the club is making it up as it goes along.

Extra tickets or not though, it still doesn’t make it right

Obtaining extra tickets will pull them out of a hole

@Greg Marshall the club going to comment on this fiasco or continue to pretend it hasn’t happened

We’re now 1hour 45min into another working day and zero communication about this mess

but still a mess

absolutely no blame lies in the boat of fans who've taken the offer up, like you say, it's been so long and we're all desperate to get back

Blame lies with the ticket office, who seem to have moved the goalposts to something that doesn't reflect the fact people signed up to All Friendlies, whether it was Real Madrid, or Cumbernauld Colts

Season ticket holder (didn't tick friendlies) and bronze mygers, not been offered a ticket for Arsenal/Brighton or Real...anyone else the same?

Extra tickets or not though, it still doesn’t make it right

Obtaining extra tickets will pull them out of a hole

@Greg Marshall the club going to comment on this fiasco or continue to pretend it hasn’t happened

We’re now 1hour 45min into another working day and zero communication about this mess
With the club moving forward and using more in-house media this silence doesn’t bode well for the future.
Most don’t trust MSM but this lack of transparency isn’t doing the club any favours.

I'm possibly cutting off my nose to spite my face but even if Madrid tickets do become available then I don't think I'll bother buying one. It has left a sour taste in the mouth.

I emailed Stewart Robertson on Tuesday night - zero response. Realistically, I wasn't expecting any movement on allocations but would have accepted (whilst still not being pleased) the club holding their hands up. Instead, they've not even got the decency to do that.

I'm possibly cutting off my nose to spite my face but even if Madrid tickets do become available then I don't think I'll bother buying one. It has left a sour taste in the mouth.

I emailed Stewart Robertson on Tuesday night - zero response. Realistically, I wasn't expecting any movement on allocations but would have accepted (whilst still not being pleased) the club holding their hands up. Instead, they've not even got the decency to do that.
Wish more people bombarded him too

Go look at Celtics SLOs Twitter feed and you’ll see what transparency/communication looks like. Sickening

The irony if they do offer unsold tickets is that for a couple of days those who didn’t get allocated for Real Madrid have now sorted themselves with tickets,bought off people who got them but have not interest in going.
I spent a good bit of time yesterday trying to get two for me and my other half (both signed up to ALL friendlies).Finally got two but we are going to be sat in different stands rather than sat together.
I‘ve spoken to others who bought the RTV package to watch the Real Madrid game and then got an offer to actually go to the game,there by wasting money for RTV.

Last edited:
I'm just speculating but the SLO is basically just relaying info from the ticket office. Probably above his station to be making statements about what was done correctly or incorrectly. He is probably being bombarded. I think the club should set up separate communications for tickets. Has anyone emailed the ticket office and had any response?

I'm just speculating but the SLO is basically just relaying info from the ticket office. Probably above his station to be making statements about what was done correctly or incorrectly. He is probably being bombarded. I think the club should set up separate communications for tickets. Has anyone emailed the ticket office and had any response?
Do Celtic not have a separate Twitter for tickets? Sure my pal has said something to that effect before

However, go look at Celtic SLOs Twitter feed, answering fans questions all day

Wish more people bombarded him too

Go look at Celtics SLOs Twitter feed and you’ll see what transparency/communication looks like. Sickening
Have noticed that, he is far more involved and what a SLO should look like.

Unsure if thats Rangers fault that Greg cant do much other than tell you to email.

Do Celtic not have a separate Twitter for tickets? Sure my pal has said something to that effect before

However, go look at Celtic SLOs Twitter feed, answering fans questions all day
Our club has been a total embarrassment on this one. SLO should be communicating with the fans who have asked questions re the Madrid ticket allocation. What a fckin shambles.

Back