Real Madrid tonight

Wolfie

Are the royal team putting out the youths again tonight? Almost evens for the away win? :rolleyes:

I love how some say 'Royal' Madrid... like its some how makes them popular with Rangers fans! :D

Spains Royalty is historically one of thee most Catholics things on this planet... lol

It’s genuinely one of the most cringey things you see on here, as though they’re monarchy are something to be admired. Particularly when you’re championing Franco’s mob. If only people thought a bit more before they did things!

I love how some say 'Royal' Madrid... like its some how makes them popular with Rangers fans! :D

Spains Royalty is historically one of thee most Catholics things on this planet... lol

Yet, Spain isn’t a catholic country.
Spain is secular, it was written into the constitution in 1978 after Juan Carlos I came to power.

Also, Franco switched to Real Madrid, after previously supporting Aviación Madrid(who later became Atlético Madrid).

Last edited:
Zidane stated he was going to rotate the players to give everyone a game and allow him to judge for going forward. This included his goalkeeping son who apparently is slightly worse than average but why should that be an issue ? :rolleyes: Wouldn’t touch them for the remainder of this season. Getafe are having the best season probably ever although I saw them last month at home and wasn’t overly impressed.

Yet, Spain isn’t a catholic country.
Spain is secular, it was written into the constitution in 1978 after Juan Carlos I came to power.

Also, Franco switched to Real Madrid, after previously supporting Aviatión Madrid(who later became Atlético Madrid).

indeed but the history of the Royal Family is soaked in Roman Catholicism

Which is why I started my post with “yet”, tbf.

im not really arguing, Spain like other 'Catholic' countries such as France have shunned bringing religion into politics, my original point was more aimed towards bears who seem to think that we are the 'RM of Scotland and the poets are the Barcelona...

its silly

It’s genuinely one of the most cringey things you see on here, as though they’re monarchy are something to be admired. Particularly when you’re championing Franco’s mob. If only people thought a bit more before they did things!

Aye better to support the separatists who waved IRA Banners in our faces.

What does them being separatists matter to you? Are you Spanish, or one of these ill informed people who for some strange reason, equates it to being the exact same as our scenario with the SNP?

Were you offended by football fans trying to wind you up son? Diddums!

Correct.

Quite why anyone feels the need to “support” either of Spain’s big two, I’m not sure.

Sure, you can admire Barcelona for the way they play. They’re a great team. The fans are wankers though. And by that I mean the small proportion at a game who aren’t tourists.

And no, because you dislike Barcelona for their separatism, their cosying up to Irish republicanism and Scottish nationalism ...that doesn’t automatically make you a fan of Real Madrid/Francoism/Roman Catholic Falangists....

Honestly, why can’t you people just watch a game of Spanish football without trying to “attach” yourself to a team or cause like it really matters to you anyway ?

Correct.

Quite why anyone feels the need to “support” either of Spain’s big two, I’m not sure.

Sure, you can admire Barcelona for the way they play. They’re a great team. The fans are wankers though. And by that I mean the small proportion at a game who aren’t tourists.

And no, because you dislike Barcelona for their separatism, their cosying up to Irish republicanism and Scottish nationalism ...that doesn’t automatically make you a fan of Real Madrid/Francoism/Roman Catholic Falangists....

Honestly, why can’t you people just watch a game of Spanish football without trying to “attach” yourself to a team or cause like it really matters to you anyway ?

So you’re an Espanyol man? I heard they were the Proddy team anyway.

Correct.

Most people don’t, if I had the choice of watching Madrid or Barca it would be Barca ever time, the football played between the two are night and day and Messi is probably the best player on the planet at the moment.

Real Madrid are garbage.

Saw Santi Cazorla missed a penalty the other week that sent Villarreal into the relegation zone. He's just popped up with an assist, MOTM award as Villarreal climb away from the relegation zone. Big win away at Sociedad.

im not really arguing, Spain like other 'Catholic' countries such as France have shunned bringing religion into politics, my original point was more aimed towards bears who seem to think that we are the 'RM of Scotland and the poets are the Barcelona...

its silly
It’s a literal translation. But it seems to have triggered you? Wonder why? :rolleyes:

Most people don’t, if I had the choice of watching Madrid or Barca it would be Barca ever time, the football played between the two are night and day and Messi is probably the best player on the planet at the moment.

And that’s fine. But you don’t have to be like the muppets above saying “Catalan seperatism isn’t like the SNP stuff” or going on about Franco/Real Madrid etc.....

It’s not our fight folks. Stop going on about it.

Real Madrid are really going through a massive drought of any sort of form.

0-0 a ball buster for anyone taking anything to do with the game in terms of betting.

I would avoid them at all costs when it comes to gambling for the foreseeable.

And that’s fine. But you don’t have to be like the muppets above saying “Catalan seperatism isn’t like the SNP stuff” or going on about Franco/Real Madrid etc.....

It’s not though, they’re not the same at all, and I mentioned it because someone else did right before me.

Personally I think it’s a bit tragic people can’t watch sport without bringing politics into absolutely everything, but that’s what the other guy did, not me.

Real Madrid are really going through a massive drought of any sort of form.

0-0 a ball buster for anyone taking anything to do with the game in terms of betting.

I would avoid them at all costs when it comes to gambling for the foreseeable.

Had them on my acca, needed them for £2400. I cashed out at £941, didnt trust them to get a goal.

It’s not though, they’re not the same at all, and I mentioned it because someone else did right before me.

Personally I think it’s a bit tragic people can’t watch sport without bringing politics into absolutely everything, but that’s what the other guy did, not me.

If you support Catalan independence whilst opposing Scottish, fine, good for you. The two are still natural bedfellows. Scottish nationalists certainly try to adopt it as a cause, how the Catalans feel...I honestly don’t know or care. I’d be all for letting them play in their own little Catalan league though, if that’s what they want.

Life is politics. And if you don’t understand that
triggered? lol I just find it silly
you find literal translations funny? Your life must be full of laughter. :cool:

Of course Barcelona are the better team.

Accepting that fact doesn’t mean you need to consider yourself a proponent of everything Barcelona try to force on the world in terms of Catalan nationalism. You can accept Barcelona are a better team without having to accept that the concept of Spain as a unified nation state is somehow wrong

I live in Spain so I do know the difference between the shitehole country I rejected to live in and the one I now prefer to live in.
Again I like to watch good football, religion and politics have nothing to do with that in my world and the brain donors on here who criticise players like Messi do so for reasons other than football.

I’m sure there are differences between the two, and similarities too. Economic ruination for the sake of satisfying a rabble rousing minority being one of them.

Look, as a lot of the agitation against the ruling class occurs at certain football stadiums....why don’t we just say, Barca can play in an independent Catalan league, Bilbao can play in a basque league....and Celtic can be relocated to the Republic of Ireland league ?

Life is politics. And if you don’t understand that

you find literal translations funny? Your life must be full of laughter. :cool:

no I find people who try and equate Rangers with Real Madrid and Celtic with Barcelona... silly

some (I'm not saying you) seem to believe that because Real are the Royal team, that makes them somehow 'our' preferred team..

and yes I am happy with my life, cheers

Because it isn't.

Doesn't make you a muppet for being able to seperate the two.

Zidane stated he was going to rotate the players to give everyone a game and allow him to judge for going forward. This included his goalkeeping son who apparently is slightly worse than average but why should that be an issue ? :rolleyes: Wouldn’t touch them for the remainder of this season. Getafe are having the best season probably ever although I saw them last month at home and wasn’t overly impressed.
Think his son only got in due to injury to other keeper(s) and ok by all accounts.

Back