Realistic Pricing Of Our Players

Cardendenger

With the current rumours around Kent and now Kamara what price tag would you put on our sellable assets?

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

Obviously I don't want any of them to go but the season we've had will attract a few bids. The top three players could easily double their value after a few good seasons in the EPL.

This thread is going to be infested very quickly. FWIW I think that one or two at most of that list will go this year. The price is what clubs are willing to pay but I would be adding a good few million on to Kent, Kamara, Tav and Goldson.

Kent - £25 million
Kamara £25 million
Morelos - £20 million
Hagi - £17 million
Tav - £25 million
Goldson £25 million
Helander £20 million
There is absolutely zero chance we have 4 players more valuable than Morelos.

There is absolutely zero chance a CB we bought for about £3mil is now worth 7th times that and the same as a striker who knows where the goal is in Europe

Add 5+ million onto every player you’ve quoted.

You are probably right mate about the top three on the list. I just think if Leeds are preparing a bid at 10 million for Kent do we any team would be prepared to spend £25 on him?
I'd be quite happy if we valued them out of reach for most teams

Regardless of how accurate the pricing is here, I think it is safe to say we have fantastic resell value on our players here should/when we decide to cash in. The same can not be said about my car....... I did however kick the arse aff it

Kamara type players, good ones, ie. of the standard Glen is capable of, are rare and worth closer to double what the OP thinks is realistic.

With the current rumours around Kent and now Kamara what price tag would you put on our sellable assets?

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

Obviously I don't want any of them to go but the season we've had will attract a few bids. The top three players could easily double their value after a few good seasons in the EPL.
I think our defenders could fetch a bit more but I think you’ve got the rest pretty much right. Morelos would be at the upper end of your guess. Hope we don’t sell any of the list though.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

:oops: Hello Mr Bain I’ve been expecting you

Jesus Christ

I agree that the original valuations were too low but I think Kent will get us mega money if we sell him.

Like any flair player he will have his off days but when he’s on it ( like on Saturday ) he’s virtually unplayable.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

When does the realism kick in?

I think our defenders could fetch a bit more but I think you’ve got the rest pretty much right. Morelos would be at the upper end of your guess. Hope we don’t sell any of the list though.

The defenders maybe could mate I was just trying to imagine the type of team that the players would attract couldn't see any of the top 8 teams in England taking a punt on the three of them. Undoubtedly they are worth more to us.

I can't help but feel if bids come in this summer for some of our players, I expect Paterson to be a prime target. He has stepped in without fear this season. Many clubs will look at his performances, his age and potential future value - it could be an attractive investment for many larger clubs.
Hope I'm wrong, but would expect him to be on the radar of some big clubs.

I agree that the original valuations were too low but I think Kent will get us mega money if we sell him.

Like any flair player he will have his off days but when he’s on it ( like on Saturday ) he’s virtually unplayable.
That’s why we must keep him

I have to mention Tierney cos he went for huge money...however only because Arsenal thought he was worth it. As an earlier poster said ...our players are only worth what a club is willing to pay.

How much would you value them at?
All north of £15m. Ben White was valued at £25m. Lewis Dunk at £40m. James Tarkowski at £35m. Doesn’t matter that they didn’t go for that. No chance Goldson or Helander don’t measure up to these guys. Tav’s numbers are elite level stuff.

You are probably right mate about the top three on the list. I just think if Leeds are preparing a bid at 10 million for Kent do we any team would be prepared to spend £25 on him?
I'd be quite happy if we valued them out of reach for most teams

I'd suggest to them, if they are indeed preparing a bid of £10 million to not waste either parties time. That would be an utterly laughable bid. As in, literally the most ridiculous bid in the history of football.

Agreed. So if they can't match the valuation, they don't get sold. We don't bring our valuations down to let them Rob us blind!
Think that depends on Champions League qualification. If we don't get to the group stage, we can't expect shareholders to put their hands in their pockets again.

I would be delighted if we didn't sell anyone, but we have to be realistic and not get ourselves into the mess we saw under Murray.

Good try by the OP, but this is FF and the benchmark on FF is "biscuit hips, canny defend in Europe" Tierney. He went for £25m (doubted by many on FF) so everything relates to that. I think the OP wasnt far away, but underestimated a wee bit.
In these Covid times, we have no idea how prices will go and whether clubs will spend money.

The market will decide how much our players are worth. I trust Ross Wilson will get the best price possible if any of our stars go.

Also if any of them want to go then they should be allowed to leave at the best price we can get. No point holding on to players that want to be elsewhere. I would think that the vast majority will want to stay though.

Helander for 6-8 million is most ridiculous thing i've ever seen. If we accept less than £15 million for him then we're officially off our heads!
If I remember right, he’s got two seasons left on his deal. I think £6-8m isn’t an unrealistic fee, in that context.

Obviously if we have to sell players (and the Board told us at the AGM that it’s part of the plan) then I want us to get the absolute maximum value we can. But without the trickle down of the big clubs spending hundreds of millions on players from the “next tier down” clubs, I think this summer’s window may be a little more parsimonious than we’ve become used to. That will affect the fees we realise. The Euros may lead to an outlier of two.

Back