Realistic Pricing Of Our Players

All north of £15m. Ben White was valued at £25m. Lewis Dunk at £40m. James Tarkowski at £35m. Doesn’t matter that they didn’t go for that. No chance Goldson or Helander don’t measure up to these guys. Tav’s numbers are elite level stuff.

That's in the EPL bubble mate guys like Dunk and Tarkowski aren't any better than Goldson but command massive fees because of the league they play in. Tavs numbers are fantastic but he's playing in the SPL which is regarded as a piss poor league.

Shagger £500k
Tav £12m
Goldson £12m
Helander £6m
Barsic £16m
Davis £500k
Kamara £16m
Aribo £12m
Hagi £13m
Kent £24m
Morelos £14m

I really don't see many £10m+ deals this summer. All the traditional big spenders are skint because of Covid.
EPL sides have lost their smallest revenue stream for a season. They are still in line for billions upon billions in TV and advertising cash. They may use Covid as an excuse to trim squads and wage bills, but they will have plenty of money and that cash will cascade down the leagues as normal.

If we have learned anything from their player sales ala Tierney and Dembele, getting into the champions league proper is absolutely fucking massive for our squad value, we would see a ridiculous exponential growth

Imo, values before CL group stage qualification:
- Kent - £20m
- Morelos - £22m
- Helander - £9m
- Goldson - £12m
- Tav - £10m
- Roofe - £6.5m
- Kamara - £12m
- Hagi - £10m
- Aribo - £9m
- Barisic - £17m
TOTAL = £127.5m

And values after:
- Kent - £32m
- Morelos -£35m
- Helander - £12m
- Goldson - £16m
- Tav - £15m
- Roofe - £10m
- Kamara - £20m
- Hagi - £15m
- Aribo - £16m
- Barisic - £28m
TOTAL = £199m

Genuinely believe these are realistic valuations of our players for either scenario, provided we qualify, leaving us looking at having almost £200 million in saleable assets with most of which bought for relative pennies, unbelievable business

If we have learned anything from their player sales ala Tierney and Dembele, getting into the champions league proper is absolutely fucking massive for our squad value, we would see a ridiculous exponential growth

Imo, values before CL group stage qualification:
- Kent - £20m
- Morelos - £22m
- Helander - £9m
- Goldson - £12m
- Tav - £10m
- Roofe - £6.5m
- Kamara - £12m
- Hagi - £10m
- Aribo - £9m
- Barisic - £17m
TOTAL = £127.5m

And values after:
- Kent - £32m
- Morelos -£35m
- Helander - £12m
- Goldson - £16m
- Tav - £15m
- Roofe - £10m
- Kamara - £20m
- Hagi - £15m
- Aribo - £16m
- Barisic - £28m
TOTAL = £199m

Genuinely believe these are realistic valuations of our players for either scenario, provided we qualify, leaving us looking at having almost £200 million in saleable assets with most of which bought for relative pennies, unbelievable business
£28m for a 29 year old left back is...optimistic. So is £17m.

With the current rumours around Kent and now Kamara what price tag would you put on our sellable assets?

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

Obviously I don't want any of them to go but the season we've had will attract a few bids. The top three players could easily double their value after a few good seasons in the EPL.
Do you work for the msm?

£28m for a 29 year old left back is...optimistic. So is £17m.
Proved he can hack a season playing every week without injury unlike a certain £25m sicknote, crucial starter for one of the strongest national teams in Europe, arguably one of Europe's most elite crossers of a ball, natural leader and former captain of NK Osijek, has been instrumental in our European ventures this and last season

Get him in the champions league and BB will demonstrate why he's a near £30m player

Proved he can hack a season playing every week without injury unlike a certain £25m sicknote, crucial starter for one of the strongest national teams in Europe, arguably one of Europe's most elite crossers of a ball, natural leader and former captain of NK Osijek, has been instrumental in our European ventures this and last season

Get him in the champions league and BB will demonstrate why he's a near £30m player
Tierney had just turned 22 when he signed for Arsenal. If Borna was 22 now, I wouldn't have argued with the figure.

That's in the EPL bubble mate guys like Dunk and Tarkowski aren't any better than Goldson but command massive fees because of the league they play in. Tavs numbers are fantastic but he's playing in the SPL which is regarded as a piss poor league.
If you think Goldson’s or Tav’s value is dictated by the league they play in, that’s up to you. Respectfully think you’re in a small minority in here and - importantly - at the club. Plenty of players in smaller leagues command massive fees. Players from the filth have commanded massive fees.

Kent - £25 million
Kamara £25 million
Morelos - £30 million
Hagi - £17 million
Tav - £25 million
Goldson £25 million
Helander £20 million

Kent - £25 million
Kamara £25 million
Morelos - £30 million
Hagi - £17 million
Tav - £25 million
Goldson £25 million
Helander £20 million
If we could get these prices for the players listed, I would be happy for them all to move. Some crazy prices there!

With the current rumours around Kent and now Kamara what price tag would you put on our sellable assets?

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

Obviously I don't want any of them to go but the season we've had will attract a few bids. The top three players could easily double their value after a few good seasons in the EPL.
Thats realistic mate, caution is the word.

The tims have sold high due to good PR.
It also needs to be noted it is Scotland and we have won one out of nine.
Europe is the highlight which should increase values.
Borna has a good 4-5 years in front of him, so one big move.
Eliminate playing for Croatia and his cv aint that good.

Would like to think we'd get more than OP has quoted but we don't have a good track record re player sales for large fees. No one should leave on the cheap.

If you think Goldson’s or Tav’s value is dictated by the league they play in, that’s up to you. Respectfully think you’re in a small minority in here and - importantly - at the club. Plenty of players in smaller leagues command massive fees. Players from the filth have commanded massive fees.
Goldson and Tavs value is dictated by their age. There is no sell on value for any club buying a 28 year old and 29 year old defender. Its sad but that is the reality. We are better holding on to our back four and getting the best out of them IMO. That's If they want to stay.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

That’s quite a few times now that I’ve seen Kamara valued between £10 and £15m. Find that really surprising. He has been a consistent performer for us domestically and in Europe. In addition he is a key player for his international country. He is a very good age, and if he added a few more goals he would be the complete midfielder. You see some of the players down south that move for fees in excess of £15m, no more then average journeymen and then you look at Kamara. Remember Frimpong reportedly moved for £12m.

I would be surprised if Kamara was sold for less than £20m, especially if he moves to the EPL.

Goldson and Tavs value is dictated by their age. There is no sell on value for any club buying a 28 year old and 29 year old defender. Its sad but that is the reality. We are better holding on to our back four and getting the best out of them IMO. That's If they want to stay.
Oh to be clear, I don’t want them sold. If we have to sell any, which we do, it wouldn’t be them for the reasons you note. Better to be a massive fee for one of the stars (although not Kent or Kamara or...) and less disruption. Only proviso is if they don’t want to commit, then it’s about getting the best fee. Tav already has, I’d expect Connor to follow.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

I think Rangers fans ALWAYS undervalue our players and you've done it too.

Morelos £20m
Kent £20m
Kamara £15m +
Barisic £15m +
Goldson £10-12m
Aribo £8-10m
Helander £8-10m
Hagi £7-8m

Tavernier - Priceless :)

You have to consider what they would cost to replace.

Also if we need to sell... there is no suggestion we do at the moment?

Would you sell Allan McGregor for 500k knowing it would cost us 20 times that to replace him if we were to buy a decent quality replacement?

The length of their contracts also dictates their value.

Presuming we aren't choking to sell them:
McGregor, age taken into consideration, why would we sell him for any less than 7-8 million?
Taverniers leadership and form speaks for itself, he is in good shape and has plenty of years left in him, I'd expect between 19 million for him.
Helander is a reliable international, doesn't cement his place in our squad however, reliable but not irreplaceable, 11 million.
Goldson is our vice captain and it shows, leads on the pitch, gets goals, defends well, and would be very difficult to replace. 15 million plus.
Hagi has still not completely proven his worth IMO, very decent prospect and on his day is an excellent player, international, 8 million.
Ryan Jack, injuries and competition for places in the midfield would drag his potential value down, but still a very reliable player who I would rather have in our squad, around 7 million.
Defoe - old, but does a job, contract is out but in the event of a new contact I'd still expect a couple of million if someone wanted to take him off of us.
Steven Davis - another player we would struggle to replace who has been incredible this season. Think about the resources we would have to plough into replacing him, I'd still want 7 million+ for him.
Ryan Kent - we won't get another winger as good as him without some very shrewd scouting or paying out a lot of money, starting point for me would be 25 million.
Patterson will only improve, currently I'd expect around 9 million to let him go.
Aribo, form speaks for itself, young international who will only improve, 10 million.
Kamara, very reliable international player who does a lot of the donkey work and we would notice his absence massively, 12 million would be the starting point.
Morelos, if we really want to cash in on him we should do it when he is in form, on his day he is great but he has spells of inconsistency. 19 million.
Roofe, great game recently but seems to struggle with injury, value could go up, based on what he has done so far I'd want around 8 million.
Barisic - reliable international, one of the best LBs in the country, would not be easy to replace, 20 million.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

You’ve got to be joking!
Absolutely no reason why these three cannot raise double your lower end there.
There’s at least another £10m across the top four as well.

A player is only worth what a club is willing to pay for them.
Let’s hope some clubs are willing to pay the money some of you are hoping to get!

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

not far off imho - although can’t see anyone paying that for hagi.

Kent - £20 million
Kamara £15 million
Morelos - £15-20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £6-8million
Goldson £6-8million
Helander £6-8million

Looking at those prices I am guessing that’s just the deposits you have quoted there.

I'd suggest to them, if they are indeed preparing a bid of £10 million to not waste either parties time. That would be an utterly laughable bid. As in, literally the most ridiculous bid in the history of football.
Fully agree. We paid 7.5m for him, and according to the Liverpool Echo that also included a 20% sell on clause in addition, so 10m we would only make low 6 figures purely on fees once Liverpool got their cut. If he is to go, it'll be for far in excess of 10m or he won't be sold period.

Most of the values people are quoting aren't realistic.

Tavernier turns 30 this year, Barisic turns 29, Goldson turns 29 and Helander is now 28. They are at their peak, but in this day and age you don't get particularly high fees for players that age.

In terms of getting good transfer fees, this summer would be a good time to sell those players, but it's doubtful we would be able to replace any of them for the fees we would receive so it is a very difficult one.

Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Morelos and Hagi are the five who I think we have a good chance of getting a very good fee for.

Kent could and should be in the £35m-£40m range. He's that important to us, is English, and if he was playing in the Championship or Premiership would easily command that fee.

Roofe is similar. He's a proven goal scorer with Leeds in the Championship and would at least be in the £25m-£30m bracket.

I'd also put Morelos in that bracket given his goals int he Europa League and all round value to the team.

Kamara is a tough one. He's out of contract next year and without signing an extension I think we're looking at £10m-£15m. With the extension it would be more around the £20m-£25m mark. A lot could depend on his performance at the Euros though.

Barisic is similar. A good Euros with Croatia and he's easily in the £20m plus bracket.

Kent - £25 million
Kamara £20 million
Morelos - £20million
Hagi - £10million
Tav - £10 million
Goldson £10 million
Helander £12 million
Barasic £15 million

Think some posters are a bit optimistic. In all honesty my feeling is this summer will see more realistic transfer fees. Covid has cost teams financially and future income streams uncertain.

Caution will be the by word. This also means players we buy will be cheaper as well though.

As usual on these types of threads the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.
Important thing for me is their 'true' value to us and the team.
We won't get any fee that's worth us parting with Shagger,Tav,Goldson or Davis for example.Their market value just won't reflect the importance of those players and what they bring to us.
The Euros normally over inflate players' values where it makes it easier to let them go,but the impact of covid may obviously negatively impact on those.

Morelos,Helander,Kamara and Barisic might all attract decent bids that leave the staff with decisions to make.
Could be some tough calls ahead.

Back