Realistic squad valuations

Nathan9719972

Without doubt in order to become self sustainable we are going to have lose 1 or 2 prized assets this season.

Morelos - £20-25m (Still top goalscorer for Europa)
Kamara - £6-8m (Finnish International)
Barisic - £10m+ (Croatia starting Lb)
Tav - £8m (Still a solid player)
Aribo - £10m (Nigerian international with so much potential)
Katic - ? (Couple of bad games but still only 23 and Croatian international)

It’s hard to tell as on current from who’s going to buy our players?

May this moment I’d probably say Barisic is the only one who actually looks to have a bit of class

Kamara looks like a 500k player everytime he takes to the park just now.
Tavis way too inconsistent to meet that valuation you have given him.
Barisic has shown he can put a quality ball in.
Katic is another who is way to inconsistent and ordinary at times.
Morelos has lost his mojo and if any scouts are watching he would be overlooked. Nowhere near 20 million

Reactions: o7o
Kamara looks like a 500k player everytime he takes to the park just now.
Tavis way too inconsistent to meet that valuation you have given him.
Barisic has shown he can put a quality ball in.
Katic is another who is way to inconsistent and ordinary at times.
Morelos has lost his mojo and if any scouts are watching he would be overlooked. Nowhere near 20 million
Tav is statistically the most consistent player at the club by a considerable distance lol

Tav is statistically the most consistent player at the club by a considerable distance lol
Tavernier was a consistent performer when he arrived, he even used to have a dangerous free kick, that has gone, he used to be dependable at penalties, that has gone also.
His crossing used to be on a par with barasic. Now he is half the player he was. On the other hand he is a better defender than he used to be.

Problem is there,s no depth in the squad therefore we can’t afford to lose anybody. We need to strengthen the squad for next season to push on.

Why put yourself through this when most of us are on a downer because of the league form, the team are playing crap and players appear low on confidence?
At least wait until the Scottish Cup is in the bag and we are finalists in the Europa Cup.

For Morelos I'd say he's worth £15m or around that.

The rest of your realistic valuations, I'd say are totally wrong and worth about half of what you've said.

If we were linked with an £8m move for Glen Kamara this place would explode.

Presume you haven’t watched him much this year?

For a near 29 year old uncapped who hasn’t won a title. I’m not sure where 8 million is coming from.
That you Mr Bain?

£4m is peanuts to a lot of top flight football teams. Im not saying hes been a world beater but id be raging if we sold him for £4m.

That you Mr Bain?

£4m is peanuts to a lot of top flight football teams. Im not saying hes been a world beater but id be raging if we sold him for £4m.
He wouldn't get a game for any top flight teams hence why we won't get 8 million for him. He's constantly caught out in the SPL so imagine him in the EPL!!

He wouldn't get a game for any top flight teams hence why we won't get 8 million for him. He's constantly caught out in the SPL so imagine him in the EPL!!
Depends whose buying him and how they plan on using him. We wont know till a bid is accepted, although i feel hes likely to end his career with us.

Like i said hes not the best player in the world but with the money in football £4m would be daylight robbery. Imo of course.

That you Mr Bain?

Same
He is irreplaceable if we play to our potential.

I cant think of another RB - aside PingPong, who offers the same level of threat in this league

That you Mr Bain?

What we perceive he is worth and what we actually get for him are two different things. Obviously you ask for more money but I don’t see any club offering more than £4m. I actually wouldn’t sell him.

We got Hellander in for cheaper than him, who’s younger, a proven international and played in Seria A. What’s his perceived value?

Realistically , the figures you are guessing are ridiculous. The values are considerably less unfortunately. If any value or buyers , at present.

What we perceive he is worth and what we actually get for him are two different things. Obviously you ask for more money but I don’t see any club offering more than £4m. I actually wouldn’t sell him.

We got Hellander in for cheaper than him, who’s younger, a proven international and played in Seria A. What’s his perceived value?
Youve got a point and I totally get what youre saying but like i just said, In todays football money £4m isnt a lot and i would be surprised to see the club accept a bid that low for our captain.

Without doubt in order to become self sustainable we are going to have lose 1 or 2 prized assets this season.

To any scouts currently watching us ALL of those values are too high.

Last edited:
Youve got a point and I totally get what youre saying but like i just said, In todays football money £4m isnt a lot and i would be surprised to see the club accept a bid that low for our captain.

Today’s money £4m isn’t a lot to the EPL. But I can’t see him going to the EPL. Im not sure on spending powers of any other league tbh.

Put it this was if we were to spend £8m on a rb from Partizan Belgrade. One of the things we would look at is caps. Then euro competition appearances (which Tav now has). I don’t think I’d be too happy unless it was a household name.

On the counter argument welaughed when celtic spent £7m on Jullian saying it was a waste of money from a bottom French side with no caps - was his initial worth £7m? Probably not. But that’s what someone paid for him.

No right or wrong answer - it boils down to what someone is willing to pay

You could pretty much halve all those values based on recent performances.

Maybe the Euros will help with Barisic for example...

I don't think we need a wholesale clear-out. We have progressed over the last couple of years, but we clearly need a few quality players who are leaders, in our first XI and possibly, a change of formation and approach from the boss.

You could pretty much halve all those values based on recent performances.

Maybe the Euros will help with Barisic for example...

I don't think we need a wholesale clear-out. We have progressed over the last couple of years, but we clearly need a few quality players who are leaders, in our first XI and possibly, a change of formation and approach from the boss.

and after the celtic game add 50% more, that how fickle fans are,

Away tae %^*&.
Dont think it's that crazy, we shouldn't sell him for that but he's getting to the stage of his career where he will be more valuable to us than what other clubs will be willing to pay for him and he'll likely be here as long as he wants to now

Morelos - £10m - £15m (On current form)
Kamara - £6-8m (Agreed and finish international going to euros hopefully does well)
Barisic - £10m - £15m
Tav - £5m
Aribo - £8m
Katic - £2m - £3m

OK so around 40 mill for the ones mentioned up the sheet. Who could we get to replace them?
We would need a rb and a lb, a striker and 2 midfielders. We wouldn't need a center half as we have Edmundson and Helander. We could play Flanagan at r/b and play Kamberi and Stewart up front.

So, we have 40 million for a new left back and 2 midfielders. Who is out there for that price?

Tavernier was a consistent performer when he arrived, he even used to have a dangerous free kick, that has gone, he used to be dependable at penalties, that has gone also.
His crossing used to be on a par with barasic. Now he is half the player he was. On the other hand he is a better defender than he used to be.
Eh? Better defender NO

Back