Realistic Walking Time From Ibrox To Central Station

Dylanbear

Walk along to Govan road and get the x19 stop's right across from central station. As others have said, depending on walking speed anywhere between 30-45 minute walk.

Otis Blue

I’d be leaving a touch early to make that train. Heavy Crowds, police vans across edminston drive not to mention crap weather can make it slower than you think.

alex wright

I’d be leaving a touch early to make that train. Heavy Crowds, police vans across edminston drive not to mention crap weather can make it slower than you think.
The gap between the vans is much bigger this season and there's not been too much of a bottleneck.

Wang

Walk to cessnock.
underground to St Enoch
Carry out fi Sainsbury’s
beer in the station
Get smashed on the train

If you’re heading into town then you should always walk to Govan Underground as you’ll be getting on an empty train. Trying to get on at Cessnock is pointless as the train will be coming from Ibrox Underground...FULL.

Best way to walk to town would be down the side of the Louden, along Govan Rd, across the squinty bridge ...right along Anderson Quay/Broomielaw then cut up to Central.

Easily do it in under 40 mins.....probably 30 mins but you’re banking on no hold ups.

BackJardine

I've done it before, didn't take too long. I'm going to walk from Partick on Saturday as cba with the subway

Kingging

Walk 15 minutes to exhibition centre. Four trains an hour take 5 minutes to central from there. It's the route I use every match. Only way of being sure to make Queen St in time for the train I want to get without being a sweat bucket when I get there. Walking all the way takes about 40 minutes

HenningBerg

Walk 15 minutes to exhibition centre. Four trains an hour take 5 minutes to central from there. It's the route I use every match. Only way of being sure to make Queen St in time for the train I want to get without being a sweat bucket when I get there. Walking all the way takes about 40 minutes
This seems like sound advice .

Raffles

I'm on the last London train home which is 5.40pm this Saturday. Will I be able to do that without becoming part of the subway loyal?
That’s the train me and the wee man get.
Leave CD7 at the final whistle, walk to Cessnock, subway to St Enoch, grab some scran from Greggs and we’re usually sat on the train by half five.

alex wright

Cutting it fine mate by time he gets out the stadium at say 10 to 5

Gives him say 50 mins to get there.

I certainly wouldn’t want to be a sweaty mess getting the train all for the sake of what 10 quid in an Uber?
What if there is no Uber or it's delayed? He will make it walking without relying on third parties.

Stevie_Gee

Walked that quite a few times as I hated queuing and it was about half an hour or so.

Last time I done it I was proper fucked the next day though, don't know if it's my age, the drink or a combination but I will be waiting on the Subway from now on...

strathavenbear

I do the walk into town quite often and normally reach Central just after 5.30, that's staying to the end of the game and leaving from the Main Stand Rear at the Broomloan end

RabSpackman

I’m sure that back in the old days we would walk to Cessnock, underground to St Enoch and be in Central Station comfortably to get the 5:40pm our to Clarkston. Queuing for the underground at Ibrox always looked like it would be tedious in the massive line so walking to Cessnock at least meant we kept moving.

To be honest, given you need to get that train then joining the Subway Loyal for once might give you peace of mind.

alex wright

Dumbreck station is a 10min walk.

Train at 16.48 into Central 16.57.

Worst case scenario next train 17.18 in Central 17.27.
The game doesn't finish until 4.45 at the earliest and he's relying on Scotrail not being 10 minutes late for the next train. Wouldn't be me.

bluehaddie

That's a good route but it's at least 20 and more like 25 minutes walk to Exhibition Centre station.

Kingging

That's a good route but it's at least 20 and more like 25 minutes walk to Exhibition Centre station.
It is if you walk at the speed of the crowd but nipping past others along verges and the like I do it in under twenty and I'm not very fit. Crowd thins before Bells bridge anyway

steincolin

Your going to miss the train going by some of the times on here. Train is 17_40 you ll not get away from ibrox till 5 then anything from 15 to 45min after that. Good luck with this m8 lol

govwalker

Anyone saying 15 mins is talking absolute Lilian Gish.

If you leave at FT It will take you 15 mins to get to the Hydro side of the Squinty Bridge. Then another 15/20 mins from there.

Port Sunlight Ger

Best jogging mate. Get a few autographs on the way out. Miss it no problem
I jest !
Done the Cessnock route for a while
Be on that train.owe me a drink

deedle

its never a 20min walk
It’s 2.6 miles via PRW.

A 20 minute ‘walk’ is 7.8 miles per hour, corresponding to a half-marathon in 1 hour and 41 minutes.

What percentage of the population could break 2 hours going flat out?

I’d also caution against catching the underground or a train. You can’t always rely on the service and there are likely to be queues.