Realistic Walking Time From Ibrox To Central Station

I’m sure that back in the old days we would walk to Cessnock, underground to St Enoch and be in Central Station comfortably to get the 5:40pm our to Clarkston. Queuing for the underground at Ibrox always looked like it would be tedious in the massive line so walking to Cessnock at least meant we kept moving.

To be honest, given you need to get that train then joining the Subway Loyal for once might give you peace of mind.

Dumbreck station is a 10min walk.

Train at 16.48 into Central 16.57.

Worst case scenario next train 17.18 in Central 17.27.

The game doesn't finish until 4.45 at the earliest and he's relying on Scotrail not being 10 minutes late for the next train. Wouldn't be me.

Walk 15 minutes to exhibition centre. Four trains an hour take 5 minutes to central from there. It's the route I use every match. Only way of being sure to make Queen St in time for the train I want to get without being a sweat bucket when I get there. Walking all the way takes about 40 minutes

That's a good route but it's at least 20 and more like 25 minutes walk to Exhibition Centre station.

That's a good route but it's at least 20 and more like 25 minutes walk to Exhibition Centre station.

It is if you walk at the speed of the crowd but nipping past others along verges and the like I do it in under twenty and I'm not very fit. Crowd thins before Bells bridge anyway

Your going to miss the train going by some of the times on here. Train is 17_40 you ll not get away from Ibrox till 5 then anything from 15 to 45min after that. Good luck with this m8 lol

Anyone saying 15 mins is talking absolute Lilian Gish.

If you leave at FT It will take you 15 mins to get to the Hydro side of the Squinty Bridge. Then another 15/20 mins from there.

Best jogging mate. Get a few autographs on the way out. Miss it no problem
I jest !
Done the Cessnock route for a while
Be on that train.owe me a drink

its never a 20min walk

It’s 2.6 miles via PRW.

A 20 minute ‘walk’ is 7.8 miles per hour, corresponding to a half-marathon in 1 hour and 41 minutes.

What percentage of the population could break 2 hours going flat out?

I’d also caution against catching the underground or a train. You can’t always rely on the service and there are likely to be queues.

Phuck..............I’ll use a massive ellipsis now and just run like phuck then. I always walk it, done it god knows how many times but I’ve avoided the 17.40 and just stayed over, so I’ve never had to think about it. Put it this way, come Saturday I’ll be able to offer my own perspective

I'm on the last London train home which is 5.40pm this Saturday. Will I be able to do that without becoming part of the subway loyal?

I'm on that train back to London virtually every time I go to Ibrox. I leave on the final whistle, or a minute or two before if we're 2 or 3 goals up, walk briskly to Cessnock Underground, get the first train back to St Enoch's, and generally still have 20 to 25 minutes to get food and bevy for the train at the Sainsburys Local opposite Central, before a leisurely stroll to platform 2 for the train.

I've done this dozens of times for 3.00 Saturday kick-offs and never come close to missing the 5.40 train.

I'm on the last London train home which is 5.40pm this Saturday. Will I be able to do that without becoming part of the subway loyal?
If you miss it..as long as it's an open ticket..there is a 1840..change at wolves..gets in at 10.23.

This thread is slightly crazy in that nobody walks 3 miles in the exact same time

To the OP - some of the replies are people being smart without doubt trying to make you miss your train . Nobody can do it in 20 minutes , that’s a fact . A moderately good runner takes roughly nine or ten minutes per mile .

Even if you left Ibrox in silk shorts a vest and spikes and ran full pelt it would take 30 minutes .

Nobody’s asked how long your legs are , levels of fitness , etc . Bad weather and crowds play a part .

Go with the advice given from people who get the sane train as you - they’ve said ensure you leave bang on 90 mins if not just before , walk to the subway get off at st Enoch and walk 5 mins to central . Only other option is walk to SECC and get the train direct to central but again involves a decent walk at quick pace .

Get to the Village Hotel and ask reception to order you a Hackney. They did this for me after Progres (albeit at about half ten/a pint when crowds had died down a little) and the car was there in less than a minute.

The advice above of someone experienced at this seems your best bet though.

Get to the Village Hotel and ask reception to order you a Hackney. They did this for me after Progres (albeit at about half ten/a pint when crowds had died down a little) and the car was there in less than a minute.

The advice above of someone experienced at this seems your best bet though.
That would probably take longer immediately after kick off tbf.

Knock a cops hat off then GO!!
Turns a boring walk walk into a Bourne like adventure, time yourself for added intensity. :D :D

Leave the game early mate, otherwise you will struggle to get your train. That is the only answer you need for this particular Saturday .:)

30-40 minutes depending on weather, your own pace, crowds etc. You should make the train home with plenty to spare.

I'm already looking forward to the live updates. Strains, sweat stains and no lift from Michael Beale.

Here's hoping he doesn't miss the train coming up from London.

there's not a chance people are doing this in 20 minutes. its a good 35-40 mins.

with us playing Livi if we are winning with a good couple of goals no harm in leaving a wee bit early. getting caught with the crowd slows ye down

Back