Realistic Walking Time From Ibrox To Central Station

Phuck..............I’ll use a massive ellipsis now and just run like phuck then. I always walk it, done it god knows how many times but I’ve avoided the 17.40 and just stayed over, so I’ve never had to think about it. Put it this way, come Saturday I’ll be able to offer my own perspective
If you've done it God knows how many times,you'll have an idea of how long it takes ffs :)) .

Couple of good suggestions,ie pre paid ticket so no queue I assume,personally I'd go to Govan Subway,the train is empty there, but a few other good suggestions.

I'm sure the last time you and I walked it,it was under half an hour but that was about 15 years ago and you might be carrying some extra timber now ;)

Some additional advice might be don't go on to Edmiston Dr in the direction of PRW. The parked Poileas vans back people up. If it were me, I'd head down the hill past the subway queue and head for Pacific Drive.

To add my tuppence worth to an already ridiculously long thread i usually leave west enclosure bang on full time, run/quick walk to Cessnock and am in Queen St station well in time for the 5.15 train home.

To add my tuppence worth to an already ridiculously long thread i usually leave west enclosure bang on full time, run/quick walk to Cessnock and am in Queen St station well in time for the 5.15 train home.
And the trains aren't rammed to the rafters with Bears who got on at Ibrox?

Baffles me this one

Used to sit in club deck and leave at final whistle and then walk back into town. Regularly managed to catch the 5.30 but it was tight. Takes me about 35 minutes

If you've done it God knows how many times,you'll have an idea of how long it takes ffs .

Couple of good suggestions,ie pre paid ticket so no queue I assume,personally I'd go to Govan Subway,the train is empty there, but a few other good suggestions.

I'm sure the last time you and I walked it,it was under half an hour but that was about 15 years ago and you might be carrying some extra timber now
:))Normally make a couple of refreshment stops. I’m carting a little more timber but both knees are like a bag of spanners

Really?

You'd think everyone would've cottoned on if that was the case.
people just do whats naturally easiest.

Cessnock was always much quicker if I was in a rush.

When I wasn't in a rush I used to go into the Louden and have a pint, by the time I was finished the queue was empty.

This is going back nearly 10 years now right enough.

90% of the Subway loyal do it because habit not because of the rush to get home

The FF curse will see it being a bad tempered game on Saturday and still 0-0 at the end of regulation time with 8 minutes of added time to be played.

Subway would get you ther in time dad manages to get to the bus station for 17:45 leaving on 89 mins . If you want to be quicker walk to Govan station get the train that goes to Ibrox next stop .

Now we know who all the threads are aimed at......

And the trains aren't rammed to the rafters with Bears who got on at Ibrox?

Baffles me this one

Yes, I've always found this strange, but there is always room to get on at Cessnock. I presume that numbers are controlled at Ibrox to allow this.

And if you already have a ticket and don't have to queue for one, you're on a train back to town generally within 5 minutes of arriving at Cessnock.

I've done this a few times & in my experience it's certainly quicker than waiting at Ibrox although probably not by much.

I’m a fat bastard and I can do it in 30-35mins. But less if it’s pishing it down. You will be fine for the train.

Phuck..............I’ll use a massive ellipsis now and just run like phuck then. I always walk it, done it god knows how many times but I’ve avoided the 17.40 and just stayed over, so I’ve never had to think about it. Put it this way, come Saturday I’ll be able to offer my own perspective
There's always a bed at Steve Austin's House.

Yes, I've always found this strange, but there is always room to get on at Cessnock. I presume that numbers are controlled at Ibrox to allow this.

And if you already have a ticket and don't have to queue for one, you're on a train back to town generally within 5 minutes of arriving at Cessnock.
Yeh they clearly don't fill the trains at Ibrox as there's always room at cessnock

Thought last London train was 18.40 to London see it is not this week get 6pm to Birmingham can get train to london from them

Seems to have been covered already but why even think about walking it. If you're at the Broomloan end then walk down Broomloan road an turn left at the end and you're at Govan underground, 10-15 mins depending on pace. If you're at the Copland end then boost to Cessnock immediately after the final whistle. There'll be a queue but you'll get on a train easily. Buy a ticket in adavance before the game. Good Luck!

Yeh they clearly don't fill the trains at Ibrox as there's always room at cessnock

There's a balance at Ibrox station in filling the platform, letting that go in the train and then departing quickly. That's why there's often space, it would slow things down if they were to shuttle another batch of people to further fill the train.

You will do it in 35 minutes no messing about if you are struggling flag down a taxi plenty on the road once crossed the squinty bridge I usually cross the footbridge at the bbc. Made the 5.25 train jogging a little and sit in the Copland front so am at the right end for getting away.

Takes me around 40 minutes being old & fat.
Usually walk to either Cessnock or Kinning Park and take an Outer Circle subway

Back