Realistic Walking Time From Ibrox To Central Station

I'm on the last London train home which is 5.40pm this Saturday. Will I be able to do that without becoming part of the subway loyal?
I do it every game, it's an easy 25mins to city centre along PRW, past the old Harry Ramsden then cross the bridge on the Clyde. You're in the city centre and near Central

I do it every game, it's an easy 25mins to city centre along PRW, past the old Harry Ramsden then cross the bridge on the Clyde. You're in the city centre and near Central

This website has the distance as 2.5 miles - another I looked at stated 2.6 miles. It gives an estimate of 47 minutes walking time.

2.5 miles in 25 minutes?

Ignoring the likelihood of delays crossing roads, that's a minimum of 6.0 miles an hour - a reasonably-paced jog for most people.

The preferred walking speed is the speed at which humans or animals choose to walk. Many people tend to walk at about 1.4 m/s (5.0 km/h; 3.1 mph; 4.6 ft/s).[1][2][3] Although many people are capable of walking at speeds upwards of 2.5 m/s (9.0 km/h; 5.6 mph; 8.2 ft/s), especially for short distances, they typically choose not to.[4] Individuals find slower or faster speeds uncomfortable.

As far as the OP is concerned, sure, you could get to Central quicker by either getting a train at the Exhibition Centre or the Subway at Cessnock. However, you are then a hostage to the possibility of trains being delayed or cancelled or queues building up at Cessnock - it is important to be there as early as possible.

The most reliable way of getting to Central on time is to walk. However, I'd ignore the advice of those claiming it takes half an hour or less. Allow a minimum of 45 minutes and be sure you know the correct route.

I heard he was last seen on the squinty Bridge at 1720......today. Well he would have been after sorting through the reams of 'advice'.

I stayed to the end, walked along the PRW at a leisurely pace and was in a pub at the Toll before kick off in the Norwich v Man City game. He'll have made it no problem.

I walked it yesterday as the queue at Cessnock was slow. Left at full time main stand and was in central for the 5.40 train bags of time for my train at 6pm son faster tham me got a carry out. OK if weather is OK

Leave Ibrox Stadium, walk past the Louden , Woodville st, the to Brand st. You'll avoid the crowd. It's an easy walk. Turn right at Brand st then PRW. At IBIS Hotel, cut through the car park and come out at the housing, walk straight ahead then you'll come out at the bridge. approx 25 mins at a steady pace. Cross the bridge and approx 5 mins to Central. Whole trip 30 mins. I timed it on Sat. You're welcome

Wish they would just open train station at Ibrox would be so much easier for folk getting into central or going to glasgow airport and would ease the congestion of the subway

Did this walk every home game as a student coming in from Preston on the Train.

30-40 minutes everytime. Never less, never more

Back