Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

Yankeeger

I’m fearing the worst and can’t see it being this side of the year does anyone think the same

Reactions: dmg
When there's an effective vaccine readily available for this thing.

I think it's going to be further away than people are hoping before things return to semi-normal. Next Winter perhaps?

Dr Doom here.

I think the planet is going to need to come to terms with the possibility that there will never be a vaccine, so it’s a case of saying to everyone get back in your normal routine as much as is possible, to answer you question op, I think it will also be into the new year before more people come round to this and things ‘normalise.’

I think the planet is going to need to come to terms with the possibility that there will never be a vaccine, so it’s a case of saying to everyone get back in your normal routine as much as is possible, to answer you question op, I think it will also be into the new year before more people come round to this and things ‘normalise.’
Whats normal? We wont be able to crowd pubs clubs etc ,shops wont be busy.. this virus aint going away , but its more transferable than the flu . I certainly will be thinking twice about going into town, pub shops and football now ..

The good thing was this happened going into the clearer nights for us, had it started in November it would have been hell.
I think it may eventually reduce to say zero to five deaths per day in Scotland by the end of June.
I hope it would be 1st october , there s a wee slight wiff of some sort of normality coming back.

If I had to guess now, I'd say December 2020 we'll be back.

Will there be a halfway house between closed door games and back to capacity with 51,000? It seems odd to go from one extreme to the other. Could we have say, 5,000 or so in the stadium, spaced out for socially distancing, during Oct/Nov?

Whats normal? We wont be able to crowd pubs clubs etc ,shops wont be busy.. this virus aint going away , but its more transferable than the flu . I certainly will be thinking twice about going into town, pub shops and football now ..
Your normal life pre virus, people need to start be cleaner, are you just going to say fu(k it I ain’t doing anything and staying in like a hermit, I won’t. I will and have been following guidelines but will carry sanitiser with me at all times going anywhere until a vaccine is found , unlike others that I’ve seen , I go out to work and shop once a week but I personally am willing to start living again the way I did pre virus, that’s all I was trying to get at, I know others won’t have the same thoughts as me be each to their own when lockdown stops

I don’t think they’ll completely stop social distancing until a vaccine is ready. And if you think about the logistics of that, I don’t think we’ll see a full capacity Ibrox (or any other stadium) until 2022.

Partial capacity? Probably early in the New Year.

I can see them saying even numbered seats for one game the odd numbers the next this year. Long way to go until we can go for capacity.

My office is working to assumption that the working from home will continue until at least October. After that it will be restricted numbers with social distancing measures and reduced capacity

Therefore large scale attendance at sporting events will be at least not until 2021

I can see them saying even numbered seats for one game the odd numbers the next this year. Long way to go until we can go for capacity.
That’s ridiculous I sit next to my brother who is 104 and I’m 105.

Or a father and son sit together.

I get your point but won’t be done on odd and even seats.

Can see some sort of partial capacity in operation due to social distancing likely to be still kicking
around

If possible as early as October/November 2020 but more likely January 2021 onwards

Full capacity 2022 onwards IMO

You might see live football at another ground but not at Ibrox until after Crimbo in my opinion. Can’t see how they can let say a third of the capacity in so we can social distance. Grounds with reasonable facilities but small crowds might have a chance of playing with fans in the stadium.

I am thinking September/October but only if clubs play to Signficsntly reduced capacities - not sure if that is workable Logistically - I think a full Ibrox maybe 2021

That’s ridiculous I sit next to my brother who is 104 and I’m 105.

Or a father and son sit together.

I get your point but won’t be done on odd and even seats.
I get your point, but can’t please everyone unfortunately. I’m in the middle of my family 3 so i’d have to go alone.

also the people in front would have to move too. Was just an idea mate

The only point in doing that would be to comply with social distancing.

That would be a lot fewer than 50% of the seats. You would need two metres clear to your left, your right, in front of you and behind.

I don’t think they’ll completely stop social distancing until a vaccine is ready. And if you think about the logistics of that, I don’t think we’ll see a full capacity Ibrox (or any other stadium) until 2022.

And if there's no vaccine?

I am hopeful that it will be mid September, early October, I do not think there will be a vaccine, but I believe that the antibody tests will be available to anyone and that they will show that almost all the people tested have immunity against covid, for how long I have no idea.

Government scale from 1 to 5 regarding social distancing says social distancing wont be in place till the virus has gone completely.
No fans till then I would suggest. Impossible to social distance at Ibrox.

I get your point, but can’t please everyone unfortunately. I’m in the middle of my family 3 so i’d have to go alone.

also the people in front would have to move too. Was just an idea mate

Could do it through the friends and family thing for cups and just allocate you so many games.

Would one seat apart be enough of a distance ?

It sounds daft but I’d happily let somone who wanted to go a lot more than me or maybe they looked forward to it more go before I would.

I think the team will be back later this year.

However I don't see any fans returning until next year.

Or it may just start with limited capacity, but that would be difficult to do fairly and hard to implement distancing rules in the stadium.

I really can't wait to go back!

I can't see a partial reopening happening at all - how to you manage the toilets, concourses etc? When the game's over everyone dives for the exit and you also have those not getting in mooching about for a spare.

I think it will be closed doors and streams for the rest of the year. If there is no second spike come the winter we'll be back in by February 2021. Hope I'm wrong - the Faroes football on the bookie sites is gash!

Reactions: VGM
October 31st . If the R value has dropped to near or zero why not if we adhere to having sanitiser etc Possibly have masks let’s face it if flights are allowed why not spectators at football

i think it will be either no capacity or full capacity. How would partial capacity/social distancing work in the toilets or concourse for example? getting to the game etc

Reactions: VGM
Your normal life pre virus, people need to start be cleaner, are you just going to say fu(k it I ain’t doing anything and staying in like a hermit, I won’t. I will and have been following guidelines but will carry sanitiser with me at all times going anywhere until a vaccine is found , unlike others that I’ve seen , I go out to work and shop once a week but I personally am willing to start living again the way I did pre virus, that’s all I was trying to get at, I know others won’t have the same thoughts as me be each to their own when lockdown stops
I'm with you 100% mate, thankfully the longer this goes on, more people are starting to see that life must go on.

And what happens at half and full time when people have to bunch up on stairs leaving the stadium at full time and going to the toilet or for food at half time.

Could do it through the friends and family thing for cups and just allocate you so many games.

Would one seat apart be enough of a distance ?

It sounds daft but I’d happily let somone who wanted to go a lot more than me or maybe they looked forward to it more go before I would.
You would only be allowed one person per row if they were taking it seriously.

I agree, we will be past this a lot sooner than people think.

Fans will be back inside stadiums before the clocks change imo.
Agreed. Things are changing daily with this virus, we now have more immunity than originally suspected and experts predicting it will wane out before a vaccine is available. Although undoubtedly more deadly, this virus will go the way many others have before it and disappear imo

Mass gatherings will be looked at in phase 4 of this release of lockdown. I could see the possibility of a reduced capacity in stadiums come Oct or November however it's probably depending on a second wave, which may occur next winter. I think that the authorities need to look at summer football if this is a seasonal type epidemic imo.

Based on people sitting by themselves a stadium can be something like 15% of capacity with social distancing.

There are other combinations which can get it a good bit higher, for example two people sitting together. I think that gets it up to about 25%

However that does not allow for access / egress, getting to and from seats or using the toilets.

Back