Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

Mate they don,t have a vaccine to stop the cold or the flu yet.so I won,t put that much hope on a vaccine.

The NHS don't necessarily agree with there not being a Flu vaccine. They give them to millions of people every year.

It might not be a panacea and they have to keep developing them because the virus mutates but there is such a thing as flu vaccine.

More importantly at which point during the next season will they be handing them the title.

End of September, the virus is fading out as many experts predicted in February, some said it may never comeback also

Just follow the science with this.
We need a vaccine to avoid social distancing.
If we get a vaccine (that will be 18 months at the earliest from now) when they will start to roll it out.
I’d say being optimistic it will be 2 years from now before there is any hope of a full Ibrox.
Anyone saying otherwise isn’t thinking things through.so the start of season 2022-23 we could have a full Ibrox.
If you are expecting a full Ibrox before then can you explain how we achieve that?

We will see a full Ibrox before the end of 2020 quite easily.

This idea of waiting for a vaccine is laughable, the London tube is packed every day and London isn't finding any new cases.

We are not far away from this being over, for some reason that annoys people.

Newbie alert, 1st post!!! the main stumbling block here is wee nicola, she refuses to be on the same page as boris about anything, so if he allows spectators to be present at sports events in november she has to be a month or 2 behind, for no reason other than to be different...

Not till theres either a widely available vaccine or the virus just vanishes through herd immunity or effective track and trace. I doubt we will see any of these scenarios this year.

I think folk want it to be 2025 so they can keep the blowing everything out of proportion and body counting and criticisms of anything that looks like we are making positive steps.

However have always believed league end of august and we will be end of october with being back in the grounds. Again just my opinion.

Just follow the science with this.
We need a vaccine to avoid social distancing.
If we get a vaccine (that will be 18 months at the earliest from now) when they will start to roll it out.
I’d say being optimistic it will be 2 years from now before there is any hope of a full Ibrox.
Anyone saying otherwise isn’t thinking things through.so the start of season 2022-23 we could have a full Ibrox.
If you are expecting a full Ibrox before then can you explain how we achieve that?
Anyone putting a date on when we will next have a full Ibrox will be using the same calculator that you've used for a vaccine becoming available. No one knows but if the virus is brought under control to the extent that deaths are in single figures and no vaccine is on the horizon then some big decisions will have to be made with regards to large crowds.

It's all guesswork at the moment obviously, though with the way things are looking just now, January 2021 would probably be the best case scenario.

Reactions: VGM
October 31st . If the R value has dropped to near or zero why not if we adhere to having sanitiser etc Possibly have masks let’s face it if flights are allowed why not spectators at football
I suffer from claustrophobia do you think
There is not a chance of 50000 people in such close confinement being allowed this year and wont be untill a vaccine is found
If I'm right I don't think they have found a vaccine for SARS and that was 10 years ago.
No vaccine either for being one of them.

September / October 2020. Ever evolving situation but other countries will be before us, Denmark, Germany, Czech etc and we can learn from them. Not sure if it’ll be from zero to 50k or a gradual climb back to capacity.

It really depends on how effective the Government messages are and how willing people are to do the right thing when sick.

Vaccine forget about for a very long time. Covid-19 is "unlikely" to kill or even seriously complicate the health of those under 60 and those in good health.

However going to mass public gatherings when you're 60+ and a little more fragile will increasingly become a life or death decision for some. Not trying to scare people but this is our new reality, possibly forever.

Before i get the usual hassle i work in health and have had those credentials verified by Admin.

It really depends on how effective the Government messages are and how willing people are to do the right thing when sick.

Vaccine forget about for a very long time. Covid-19 is "unlikely" to kill or even seriously complicate the health of those under 60 and those in good health.

However going to mass public gatherings when you're 60+ and a little more fragile will increasingly become a life or death decision for some. Not trying to scare people but this is our new reality, possibly forever.

Before i get the usual hassle i work in health and have had those credentials verified by Admin.

Part of the problem of the reporting I think, is that the focus has been on the death rate. Initially the Government were expecting most of the country to get the virus. That will probably be the case and people will be shocked to learn that they've had the virus without even knowing it, once the antibody test is rolled out. Look at Kenny Dalglish, had the virus with no symptoms.

The Government said a death rate of 20k would be "good" in terms of a minimum number but now that the whole country has gone way over that it's another stick to beat them with.

Surely now the days of dragging yourself into work when you're ill as a badge of honor are over.

Part of the problem of the reporting I think, is that the focus has been on the death rate. Initially the Government were expecting most of the country to get the virus. That will probably be the case and people will be shocked to learn that they've had the virus without even knowing it, once the antibody test is rolled out. Look at Kenny Dalglish, had the virus with no symptoms.

The Government said a death rate of 20k would be "good" in terms of a minimum number but now that the whole country has gone way over that it's another stick to beat them with.

Surely now the days of dragging yourself into work when you're ill as a badge of honor are over.

We're (Hospital were i work) are getting serology back from patients prior to their surgery and we're having to call them to advise that they've had it. These people either had a very mild cold like illness or no illness that they can recall.

We're not finding via contact tracing (albeit much later than is good practice) that these people passed on the illness, or if they did the people who were transmitted the virus themselves showed minimal or no symptoms.

The next stage of testing will be blood based and wide sweeping (at least it needs to be to hold any accuracy) so that we can get a better handle on unknown infection in the community and if this will result in a herd like immunity that some may have heard being discussed.

However as stated the world has now changed for many. There are the vulnerable and elderly in the community who will need to make a choice moving forward about what activities they undertake and when.

Football in the cold weather with many hundreds sitting around you could be a very big problem for some. Which is very sad for them but will be their new reality.

We're (Hospital were i work) are getting serology back from patients prior to their surgery and we're having to call them to advise that they've had it. These people either had a very mild cold like illness or no illness that they can recall.

We're not finding via contact tracing (albeit much later than is good practice) that these people passed on the illness, or if they did the people who were transmitted the virus themselves showed minimal or no symptoms.

The next stage of testing will be blood based and wide sweeping (at least it needs to be to hold any accuracy) so that we can get a better handle on unknown infection in the community and if this will result in a herd like immunity that some may have heard being discussed.

However as stated the world has now changed for many. There are the vulnerable and elderly in the community who will need to make a choice moving forward about what activities they undertake and when.

Football in the cold weather with many hundreds sitting around you could be a very big problem for some. Which is very sad for them but will be their new reality.

Its downright scary just how much the world has changed.

I've thankfully had members of my family come through Covid, both people who had underlying conditions and who were just normal healthy people.

This virus has changed the world in a way that previous wars couldn't have and I don't know how things are going to work out moving forward. I've spent lockdown with my fiancee and I haven't seen or hugged my wee mum in 2 months. When I seen the guy who made the "cuddle curtain" on Sky News the other week, it brought me to tears.

As far as getting back to Ibrox goes then god knows when that's going to be, but even how can that decision be made as to who gets in if it's a reduced capacity

I love going to Ibrox as much as anyone, I don’t even mind the crowded underground on the way there but the thought of mixing in crowds right now with all the risk it brings makes me shudder.

I’m just about to renew my st and it most likely I won’t see a single game at Ibrox in 20/21.

Does make for a good opportunity to release RFC and Union Jack face masks though. :cool:

They are talk from the medical authorities that Urinals in men's toilet's would/could be banned to fight the spread of the Virus, How would 50,000 fans using toilets facilities work now. Do we have enough hot water /soap for fans to wash their hands with Social distancing. They will be serious problem's for the Fans getting to Ibrox. How would supporter bus run with social distancing etc. I think it will be August 2021 before we have the majority of the fans in Ibrox.

I suffer from claustrophobia do you think

If I'm right I don't think they have found a vaccine for SARS and that was 10 years ago.
No vaccine either for being one of them.
There will be no mass gatherings untill one is found or the virus disappears that's the reality

I can’t envisage Ibrox being back to normal until ‘herd immunity’ is confirmed or a vaccine is found. If reliable antibody tests are distributed to the entire population and there is evidence that prior exposure to the virus means that mass gatherings are safe, then football will return to normal. If not, we’d better all pin our hopes on a vaccine.

Until then, if clubs are forced into partially reopening stadia in order to promote footfall and improve cashflow, maybe a rotational system might come into place for season ticket holders? 23,000 get a game against dhims and dolly and Murderwell and Hivs etc, etc, for one round of fixtures. And the other 23,000 get the next round? Hopefully, by the third or fourth round things might be back to semi-normality. The games that you aren’t allowed to physically attend are provided by Rangers TV as part of your season ticket.

How this would work with Sky and possible reconstruction is anyone’s guess. But I honestly can’t see the club asking fans to pay for season tickets only to have to need a Sky subscription in order to view games played behind closed doors. That would be an almighty kick in the teeth to the punters, especially season ticket holders of long standing.

The grey area I think will be - I am still in 20s so say the gatherings are allowed - what about the possibility of me getting it and being ok but passing onto a relative who is not

They are talk from the medical authorities that Urinals in men's toilet's would/could be banned to fight the spread of the Virus, How would 50,000 fans using toilets facilities work now. Do we have enough hot water /soap for fans to wash their hands with Social distancing. They will be serious problem's for the Fans getting to Ibrox. How would supporter bus run with social distancing etc. I think it will be August 2021 before we have the majority of the fans in Ibrox.
The club can’t survive until then without matchday income

I'm changed my opinion hugely on this recently.

Most other countries are seeing no second wave following release of lockdown measures. I could see fans this side of the new year once we accept this is just something that we are going to have to love with and once we realise that a helluva lot of people have had it.

Theres also the economic boost football brings the country to consider.

As trivial as it sounds in the grand scheme of things, having sufficient hot water and soap has long been an issue where i sit (west enclosure).

I think the planet is going to need to come to terms with the possibility that there will never be a vaccine, so it’s a case of saying to everyone get back in your normal routine as much as is possible, to answer you question op, I think it will also be into the new year before more people come round to this and things ‘normalise.’
They are apparently in the process of making 30 million doses of a vaccine for September.

Back