Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

I think august or september. This virus seems to be burning out or people are becoming immune to it. I dont think it's the massive killer it was thought to be back in march. I've got a trip booked to Glasgow end of September I'm confident I'll be coming

At the start of this I read a vaccine takes at least 18 months to develop, test and mass produce. I'd kind of prepared myself that this would go on for 18-24 months.

But now I'm reading that we've never managed to produce a vaccine for other Covid diseases and there might never be one.

Previously when I read posters saying "people wont put up with this forever, we'll need to get back to normal soon" I thought they were being pretty short sighted and naive. I'm starting to think they might actually have been right.

Pretty hard to predict how things will go as there still seems to be conflicting information around what percentage of the population is likely to have had it and whether it's possible to catch more than once (which means we'd never have herd immunity).

One thing the WHO has been saying for months, and it seems like good advice if you look at the countries that have done best at keeping the numbers down, is that testing and tracing is the key to this. Feels like our government has been pretty slow off the blocks on that front, but now seem to be ramping up testing at a decent rate.

So in short, %^*& knows :oops:

The sooner the better.

However the perma-scared would have us all locked in the house for the forseeable, as long as they continue to trouser their 80%.

I'm sure there will be a few changes of opinion when the 80% drys up.

This thread is absolutely mental, 2023 is actually mentioned :D still folk are trotting out no fans until a vaccine? What if we never have a vaccine, which is a distinct possibility, in fact I would say it’s certain we will never have an effective one. What happens then, no fans ever again at Ibrox? Behave yourselves.

We’re going to lift various measures and aspects of lockdown over the summer to see what sort of effect that has on the R.

Social distancing however will continue to be a feature right through the winter until we navigate any potential second wave or winter epidemic.

Once we’re through winter (Mar 2021) the best hope we have for getting back to normal with regards mass gatherings, busy pubs, crowds at football is for an effective treatment to have been developed for those who get the virus.

A vaccine may never materialise but effective hospital treatment for those with severe symptoms could be realistic.

To answer the OP question March 2021 at the earliest. I mean is that not pretty much obvious that it can’t happen sooner than that?

We’re going to lift various measures and aspects of lockdown over the summer to see what sort of effect that has on the R.

Social distancing however will continue to be a feature right through the winter until we navigate any potential second wave or winter epidemic.

Once we’re through winter (Mar 2021) the best hope we have for getting back to normal with regards mass gatherings, busy pubs, crowds at football is for an effective treatment to have been developed for those who get the virus.

A vaccine may never materialise but effective hospital treatment for those with severe symptoms could be realistic.

To answer the OP question March 2021 at the earliest. I mean is that not pretty much obvious that it can’t happen sooner than that?

Fans will be watching games from inside Ibrox this year, it's fizzling out across Europe.

In the next few weeks people will be back on planes to and from Europe, away on holiday, schools back and shopping centres reopened.

That's 3 weeks, in 6 months covid will not even be news anymore.

If it is March 21 the pubs will be rammed because most of the rest will be closed for good

Fans will be watching games from inside Ibrox this year, it's fizzling out across Europe.

In the next few weeks people will be back on planes to and from Europe, away on holiday, schools back and shopping centres reopened.

That’s not what the CMO and CSA are forecasting.

Unfortunately we are being governed by an SNP government pushing an agenda of fear which has paralysed our nation. People blindly calling for vaccines which will be pushed as mandatory and hailed as our only way out of the new normal. The previous SARS outbreak eventually burnt itself out and there was no vaccine developed and there is some evidence suggesting that the same may occur with Covid19. Social distancing is a concept that has no scientific basis other than to allow governments to except control over the population. On this basis I believe we probably won’t see large scale crowds until next year at the earliest.

How can you maintain social distancing even if you heavily reduce capacity ?

Say you only have 6 people spread out on a row and you are bang in the middle. If your bursting for a piss you will need to walk past them almost touching them. So will masks be mandatory?

From a financial point they will want reduced capacity for a start but can’t see how it can work.

then the second peak will come.

Most pubs that have restrictions will lose money every week they open. Where do you get your dates from about being back to normal?

I’m going by the logic that mass gatherings where ppl are in close proximity to each other will be the last thing to be reintroduced and how Chris Witty and the various others over the weeks have hinted we’ll be living with this for months if not years to come.

You never know, it could mysteriously burn out before then or a brilliant treatment could be developed that meant anyone who gets it can have life saving treatment in hospital.

How can you maintain social distancing even if you heavily reduce capacity ?

Say you only have 6 people spread out on a row and you are bang in the middle. If your bursting for a piss you will need to walk past them almost touching them. So will masks be mandatory?

From a financial point they will want reduced capacity for a start but can’t see how it can work.

How exactly do you think planes, trains, busses and tubes are going to work.

Social distancing won't always be possible.

I’m going by the logic that mass gatherings where ppl are in close proximity to each other will be the last thing to be reintroduced and how Chris Witty and the various others over the weeks have hinted we’ll be living with this for months if not years to come.

You never know, it could mysteriously burn out before then or a brilliant treatment could be developed that meant anyone who gets it can have life saving treatment in hospital.
In March I thought we would open October, as the deaths mounted, I thought January but now I think November will be realistic. Once the deaths are down to, in relative terms, small then I think we will go with Herd Immunity

as much as I want to be at Ibrox , attending a football match is not important so don’t see why they would run the additional risk.Public transport is needed if they want to begin people returning to work. Not necessary to attend a football match if the virus is still spreading . Guess will all be dependent on this R number

Next year at the earliest. I suppose football behind closed doors is better than no football at all.
I honestly don’t how the smaller clubs in the division will be able to operate without any ticket revenue. These clubs rely on fans to keep the club going and we will be without fans until next year. Will be interesting to see how everything unfolds.

I love your optimism mate but sadly I don't share anything remotely like it.

If I get inside a full Ibrox Stadium before 2021 I will be surprised - indeed getting I am far from certain I will see the inside of Ibrox before the end of the year.

Other countries will force the issue. Probably start with banks of say 50 fans seperated by a couple rows of seats. The leagues already started probably first. The UK has a lot of fear to get over but other countries showing the way hopefully causes us to pluck up some courage and call the government out on it.

no reason for what you say not to happen other than our governments seem to be determined to harm the country. Good to hear a sane voice regardless.

The grey area I think will be - I am still in 20s so say the gatherings are allowed - what about the possibility of me getting it and being ok but passing onto a relative who is not

Essentially mate the area wont be grey. There will be a very serious choice that people will need to make. If you have vulnerable relatives/friends who chose to essentially self isolate to protect themselves, then you will need to chose which is going to be more important to you.

You'll also isolate from mass gatherings and therefore continue to see these people, or you'll chose not to isolate or avoid mass gatherings etc. and potentially not see these people.

I was clear in the lounge post many months ago about people needing to isolate and was shouted down. What i'm telling you is fact. The Government will ease restrictions (they have to) but the choices people make moving forward could potentially be life/death for some.

Everyone will need to decide what things in their life they hold most dear, what they can/can not live without and plan accordingly.

There will be no magic bullet that will allow us to go back to what we were doing 6 months ago.

I think it'll be before the end of the year(late October/ early November) before there will be any fans allowed into football grounds

as much as I want to be at Ibrox , attending a football match is not important so don’t see why they would run the additional risk.Public transport is needed if they want to begin people returning to work. Not necessary to attend a football match if the virus is still spreading . Guess will all be dependent on this R number

Its not really spreading anymore though, the tube is packed day in and day out and London has next to no new cases.

I agree, Oxfords vaccine project manager said effectively the same thing the other day. We will be back at Ibrox sooner than most think imo
By the start of the season I reckon. It's not going away but is rapidly disappearing. You can't keep people in the house till November. Its pretty much ran its course IMHO. Here's hoping anyway

Covid cases are dropping very quickly - the public need to put pressure on politicians to open up society as quickly as possible.

If anything football should be open soon with clear guidance that those older and vulnerable should stay away or attend at their own risk.

German football is going to lead the way you would think.

Their next logical step is having some crowds at games.

That doesnt seem to be on the agenda quite yet, but then again neither was closed door football not long ago.

Not educated on this in the slightest, just trying to point out that we have other countries ahead of us, so a pathway will likely be established.

Spain having football back early June, again once football is back the next logical step for them is crowds.

It's my hope that there will be fans by the year end, and that the last hurdles will fall quite quickly as other countries have shown it not to significantly increase the R number when attending football.

German football is going to lead the way you would think.

Their next logical step is having some crowds at games.

That doesnt seem to be on the agenda quite yet, but then again neither was closed door football not long ago.

Not educated on this in the slightest, just trying to point out that we have other countries ahead of us, so a pathway will likely be established.

Spain having football back early June, again once football is back the next logical step for them is crowds.

It's my hope that there will be fans by the year end, and that the last hurdles will fall quite quickly as other countries have shown it not to significantly increase the R number when attending football.

Would fans accept restrictions on some fans attending ?

Over 70s and those with health issues banned - or having to sign a waiver saying they accept the risks of attending ?

This is the approach that should be seriously considered IMHO.

Essentially mate the area wont be grey. There will be a very serious choice that people will need to make. If you have vulnerable relatives/friends who chose to essentially self isolate to protect themselves, then you will need to chose which is going to be more important to you.

You'll also isolate from mass gatherings and therefore continue to see these people, or you'll chose not to isolate or avoid mass gatherings etc. and potentially not see these people.

I was clear in the lounge post many months ago about people needing to isolate and was shouted down. What i'm telling you is fact. The Government will ease restrictions (they have to) but the choices people make moving forward could potentially be life/death for some.

Everyone will need to decide what things in their life they hold most dear, what they can/can not live without and plan accordingly.

There will be no magic bullet that will allow us to go back to what we were doing 6 months ago.
Not as simple as that for me- I am happy to see people Who are isolating from a safe distance so I can go to places like Ibrox and the gym and that.

but I still live with my parents the now and they’ll not allow me togo bevause they want to visit elderly parents.

so.. anyone a spare room when Ibrox reopens for fans?

Not as simple as that for me- I am happy to see people Who are isolating from a safe distance so I can go to places like Ibrox and the gym and that.

but I still live with my parents the now and they’ll not allow me togo bevause they want to visit elderly parents.

so.. anyone a spare room when Ibrox reopens for fans?

But that puts the responsibility back onto the individual - weigh up the risks and decide if you want to take them.

A non obese 25 yo who lives alone has a very low risk from attending a football match.

True but you don't get 50,000 or more folk on a plane, train or bus. Yes you may well do at an airport or tube station but it's far easier for some form of social distancing there than it is at a stadium.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see the whole of next season being behind closed doors.

I don't see any large events being allowed until they are far further down the road with a vaccine.

True but you don't get 50,000 or more folk on a plane, train or bus. Yes you may well do at an airport or tube station but it's far easier for some form of social distancing there than it is at a stadium.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see the whole of next season being behind closed doors.

I don't see any large events being allowed until they are far further down the road with a vaccine.

What happens when no vaccine but its been days, weeks, months with no or a tiny amount of cases ?

Because thats where we are heading to by August.

You get nearly 2,000,000 passenger journeys per day on the tube and believe me there is not a hint of social distancing.

No new cases though.

Back