Realistically when will we get back to Ibrox

Making the vaccine isnt the time consuming part, it's the testing. You can't just send it out to everyone the second you get a positive result from it, needs to go through progressively large group testing which takes time. Neither SARS nor MERS posed anywhere close to as big a problem as COVID-19, certainly on western countries who are most likely to whip the vaccine up.
What utter nonsense
Finding a vaccine that works and is safe is obviously the time consuming part
Clinical tests almost always fail
Once you have that testing to approval is about 18 months
Then at least a year to get it manufactured on a large scale and into peoples' bodies on a sufficient scale (assuming people will be willing to take that risk of course)
no one is capable of whipping this up. It will take years of effort
HIV has been around for 35 years and there is no vaccine. Is no one trying because it is not a threat?
Been working on a vaccine for herpes since the 30s. Not even a candidate in any advanced trial at the moment.
If anyone is putting their life on hold until a vaccine is out there they need to realise this could be for many, many years.

What utter nonsense
Finding a vaccine that works and is safe is obviously the time consuming part
Clinical tests almost always fail
Once you have that testing to approval is about 18 months
Then at least a year to get it manufactured on a large scale and into peoples' bodies on a sufficient scale (assuming people will be willing to take that risk of course)
no one is capable of whipping this up. It will take years of effort
HIV has been around for 35 years and there is no vaccine. Is no one trying because it is not a threat?
Been working on a vaccine for herpes since the 30s. Not even a candidate in any advanced trial at the moment.
If anyone is putting their life on hold until a vaccine is out there they need to realise this could be for many, many years.
You've literally said what I said, the testing is what will take the longest. The manufacturing process will be sped up tenfold for this. The length of time to actually find the working vaccine is nothing compared to the testing it will go through. Its genetic build-up has been figured out for months now and odds are a viable vaccine will be found really soon but the testing is what will take it ages.

Comparing HIV to COVID is completely apples and oranges. It mutates at a rate not even close to COVID, it transmits a completely different way to basically every disease with a successful vaccine and you need group data of recovered individuals to base your vaccine off of which can't exactly be done with HIV. As for Herpes, it is basically undetectable by your immune system which makes things a million times harder because most vaccines work by triggering your immune system into a certain way of thinking.

I don't see us being back until 2021. Depending on a second spike we could be talking 2021/22 season.

Doom and Gloom loyal

You've literally said what I said, the testing is what will take the longest. The manufacturing process will be sped up tenfold for this. The length of time to actually find the working vaccine is nothing compared to the testing it will go through. Its genetic build-up has been figured out for months now and odds are a viable vaccine will be found really soon but the testing is what will take it ages.

Comparing HIV to COVID is completely apples and oranges. It mutates at a rate not even close to COVID, it transmits a completely different way to basically every disease with a successful vaccine and you need group data of recovered individuals to base your vaccine off of which can't exactly be done with HIV. As for Herpes, it is basically undetectable by your immune system which makes things a million times harder because most vaccines work by triggering your immune system into a certain way of thinking.
No I haven't.
Finding a successful candidate will probably take the longest
Testing of that candidate will take 18 months or so
There are likely to be many failed tests before a successful virus is found
Finding something that fails in tests does not constitute finding a vaccine
It is possible of course that researchers get lucky and hit on a viable candidate very quickly
No matter how many people really hope this is the case it doesn't mean that it is likely
That is just wishful thinking
Truth is no one knows how long this will take but if there is a situation 5 years from now where a significant proportion have been vaccinated that will have been an unbelievable achievement
10 years would be incredibly good.
As usual essential workers (especially politicians and tv stars) will get priority as it is rolled out
Putting life on hold until we are all vaccinated is not a viable choice

the vaccine crew are strong in here i see, we wont find a vaccine, we never have for an upper respiratory infection, a year from now this will be something we live with just like the flu, i think people will be back at Ibrox before xmas.

I agree, we will be past this a lot sooner than people think.

Fans will be back inside stadiums before the clocks change imo.
I agree with this. Things will open up fairly quickly once pubs, gyms etc are open that are indoors I think stadiums would be a month or 2 behind max

True - but things seem to be moving in the right direction now and pretty quickly.

Best guess now would be October.

Why is that best guess ? Best guess based on what ? Indications are January and even those are tentative. You think as we enter the flu season is the right time to start packing stadiums with people coughing , sneezing and breathing all over each other 2 feet away , I really don’t see this as possible . As another poster said nobody knows so let’s wait .

No one wishes that more than me for obvious reasons

I'd be confident - the situation between now and the first of May is night and day.

Schools opening in England next week, garden visits allowed, all retail open by 15th June. And no sign of a second wave anywhere in Europe.

What we really need is the public pushing the politicians to get a move on back to normality for most of us - the vulnerable may have to protect themselves for a while longer.

Why is that best guess ? Best guess based on what ? Indications are January and even those are tentative. You think as we enter the flu season is the right time to start packing stadiums with people coughing , sneezing and breathing all over each other 2 feet away , I really don’t see this as possible . As another poster said nobody knows so let’s wait .

There is risk every year - from car accidents on the way to the ground, to tripping and falling over when drunk - particularly for the vulnerable. We had a period of high risk but that is receding fast.

Normal risk levels arent far off - make your own judgements as to how you spend your time - the government needs to step back pronto.

As we'll see with Primary Schools going back in England, people will make their own assumptions about the risks and decide what action to take.

Individuals making a choice about what they do will increasingly become the norm. You want to go to a packed supermarket? Fine. You don't want to sit on a packed train or bus? Fine. When pubs or football stadiums reopen no one will be forced to go. If you feel it's not worth the risk, don't go.

One thing for sure, Scotland will not re-open football grounds at the same time as in England due to the current obsession with doing things differently. I expect we'll be at least 1 month later than England. The flu season is a massive factor so they may well decide it's not worth the risk allowing any fans in until spring 2021.

Absolutely no one knows though. They won't even have an indicative date in mind at this stage.

With the way this is going in countries who are easing lockdown and WHO now saying there is increasing evidence of no second spike, toward the end of the year latest early next we will be back IMO.

The people in this country won’t have it if there’s countries all over Europe playing with crowds and we’re not.

No one in the government will be making any decisions based on there maybe or maybe not being a vaccine, itll be when the numbers are really low which is where we will be soon.

Still can’t believe we’ve got people saying 2022, but then I could be wrong also lol

Can't see it being that early mate, although I hope you're right.

Has anything been said about hotels at all?
Japan are the first Ive seen actually moving on this. Someone posted earlier that they are allowing venues up to 5000 at 50% capacity first then all others at 50% capacity.

Ist phase was July then end of August for 2nd.

By the time there is a vaccine, we wont need one
IF there is a vaccine. Many viruses we still haven’t found a vaccine for. HIV is a great example. Kicked off in what the 60s/70s and still to this day no vaccine has been found. Albeit medical advances have been made to ensure its no longer a death sentence.

Think a lot of people believe a vaccine being a forgone conclusion and inevitable.

the vaccine crew are strong in here i see, we wont find a vaccine, we never have for an upper respiratory infection, a year from now this will be something we live with just like the flu, i think people will be back at Ibrox before xmas.
Haemophilus influenzae, adenovirus, measles and rubella to name a few, actually! :))

But I wholeheartedly agree normality has to resume within the next few weeks and I'll be surprised if we're not back at Ibrox in time for the new season.

Pre Season for players starting 15th June - Phase 2 of route map

Early Aug for start of league - Spectators allowed reduced numbers 25%

Sep - 50%

October 100%

Europa League match completed early Aug behind closed doors

Entry into qualifier 2 presuming we lose tie v Bayer Leverkusen

October full stadium(back to normal)

I don't see us being back until 2021. Depending on a second spike we could be talking 2021/22 season.

Doom and Gloom loyal

Scientists from all the globe have studied this virus over the last 3 months and many of them have came to the same result that the threat of a second spike is diminishing every day, and even now it looks very unlikely. Its diminishing so quickly that Oxford are now in a race against time to find a potential vaccine before it completely effs off.

However, that's not to say it wont return. As things stand it looks like we may be allowed in stadiums sooner than we all thought but if this returns in the Winter there's no chance we'll be attending games.

No chance celtic, the SPFL or the SFA will allow us to play them at Parkhead with no fans in September/October and then play them at Ibrox in December with 50,000 fans.
So far that reason it’ll be January 21 or after 2 rounds of games have been played.

Back