Really enjoyed that game

Glasgow Rangers (Sco)

Two good sides going at it,Rangers far stronger in the 1st half. PSV were the better team in the second.

Who would have thought the Dutch side would be the stronger on set plays.

Second half reminded me of the Europa Final- which highlights the standard of opposition.

Hope corners don’t kill our season.

Gio is building a really strong team that apart……..enjoyable game

Thought we were poor except a 15 minute spell to be honest.
We maybe took 10mins or so to settle into the first half but after that we were by far the better side first half. Second half they controlled it much more and were the better, not sure what changed as it didn’t look like either team did anything different, perhaps they up’d their intensity while ours dropped through tiredness??? But no noticeable tactical change for me.

Can't honestly say i enjoyed it, we didn't play great and they just seemed to dominate the midfield for too much of the game.
I was more thinking how we have missed an opportunity to take a crucial lead into a massive game next week despite not playing well.

PSV did not get to a European final last year , I thought we should of gave them more problems at Ibrox.? We lost two goals at balls into box which is worrying. Next week we will be under a lot more pressure .

Thought we were poor, far too safe in possession and eventually cause our own problems.

When we play at a higher tempo and get movement from the midfielders and forwards we are a brilliant team to watch but we don't do it enough

Can’t say I enjoyed it

Setup with zero width on the right therefore no pace. First half everything was coming from the left until we opened them up for the goal

Tillman had a shocker in the first half with the amount of times he got caught on the ball or held on to it too long etc.

Aside from a 10 minute spell before our goal and after our goal I thought we were quite poor and constantly tried to play “safe”.

Second half we were poor in my opinion. We weren’t scoring if it wasn’t for that free kick.

I expect Gio will go even more safe next week and no doubt 5 at the back. Wish I could see how we’ll qualify but I just can’t. There’s not a chance with our defence that we’re keeping a clean sheet

Thought it was a poor game regarding our performance. I thought we looked off the pace and too slow going forward. When the crowd get frustrated for long periods you know we’re not at our best. I think we could regret not playing with a right winger and giving it a real go. Could’ve been so much better.

Two good sides going at it,Rangers far stronger in the 1st half. PSV were the better team in the second.

Second half reminded me of the Europa Final- which highlights the standard of opposition.

best thing in football, two evenly matched teams, showing heart and desire

We played well tonight against good opposition. The tie is still in the balance, with the pressure on them to win at home. It was a tight game tonight and I expect the same next week, albeit Kent will be fitter and hopefully Morelos gets sniff.
Game on!

Tillman amongst a couple others had a poor night, he just couldn't stay on his feet, boots or whatever it wasn't his night. I think if a couple have a better game next week we get through. Bit of luck prob gonna be required aswell.

We were poor defensively, two goals from set peices we should have cleared; totally lost the midfield in the second half as I thought Davis snd Tillman tired, should have brought on Jack and Arfield

We also had a number of unforced errors so imo I didn’t enjoy it at all

For some reason we had real trouble with their mid to front press in the second half.

We didn’t seem to have much support from anyone dropping into the pockets between their midfield and front players to relieve the pressure that was on our defence everytime the ball was in our possession at the back.

Could have started so many more dangerous moves if we took advantage of the space when they were pressing hard.

They are probably better than Frankfurt

So hard to get into the group stages and so important to win the league this season.

I enjoyed it, I’m staggered to hear the criticism we got on the radio
We had the best of the first them the 2nd
We gave away two stupid goals them one howler
We defended poorly in the 2nd half at times and were wasteful but we’re not at our best and will get more consistent. At times in the first half we were up there with champions league elite.
Only half time and we’re still in it.

Can’t say I enjoyed it

Setup with zero width on the right therefore no pace. First half everything was coming from the left until we opened them up for the goal

Tillman had a shocker in the first half with the amount of times he got caught on the ball or held on to it too long etc.

Aside from a 10 minute spell before our goal and after our goal I thought we were quite poor and constantly tried to play “safe”.

Second half we were poor in my opinion. We weren’t scoring if it wasn’t for that free kick.

I expect Gio will go even more safe next week and no doubt 5 at the back. Wish I could see how we’ll qualify but I just can’t. There’s not a chance with our defence that we’re keeping a clean sheet
Agree, I think we struggling to qualify now. GVB will go ultra defensive and hope to nick a goal on the break. Zero confidence that Goldson won't cost at least one goal next week so can't see us holding out for a result.

For all those saying we were poor and can play better, I think PSV did their homework and played us well. Two fairly evenly balanced teams, and I wouldn't bet against us at this stage.

At last a little sense. Could we have plated better, probably. Have we played better, undoubtedly. Have psv played better, yep.

Maybe, and this is far out there but just maybe, it was a damn good game between two good teams in a high pressure tie. Mistakes were made by both teams, some. Great play by both teams, some good football played all accross the pitch

It was a brilliant game of football very exciting, some balls ups at the back by both sides but a lot of good attacking play, i really do fancy Rangers to win next week when its their turn to have a go and leave some space to attack.

I enjoyed it aswell, it’s what European games are all about really. But we did get battered for 25 mins at the start of the second half and I couldn’t help think what would Man City do lol

On the balance of play, 2-2 was probably a fair result.

I thought Rangers played well in the first half apart from a 10 minute spell and it flipped the other way in the second.

This tie is absolutely not dead. Rangers can win over there.

Very much so, really enjoyed that.
90 minutes absolutely flying in is always the case when its a good game

Common sense mate but it won’t catch on :D .
Both teams went for it and both teams made mistakes. Two evenly matched teams tonight. And that’s along the lines of what their manager said.
Everything still to play for.

PSV did not get to a European final last year , I thought we should of gave them more problems at Ibrox.? We lost two goals at balls into box which is worrying. Next week we will be under a lot more pressure .
Yawn. See when folk talk about clueless moaning posters on FF, it’s this sort of pish they are talking about

At points in the first half we were passing it about the back and looked void of ideas. Ok standard of opposition is higher than domestically but we need to build and capitalise on these spells of possession. Otherwise a fairly decent performance. Tillam looked nervous but once he gets used to these big games I can see him excel and making a bigger impact.

Last edited:
Well said OP.

Can understand a bit of frustration that we got ourselves the lead and couldn't hold it, but some of the tantrums and petulance going on around me at the end of the game was fucking ridiculous.

Thought it was a good contest between 2 well matched teams and will be the same again next week. And we can win.

Well said OP.

Can understand a bit of frustration that we got ourselves the lead and couldn't hold it, but some of the tantrums and petulance going on around me at the end of the game was fucking ridiculous.

Thought it was a good contest between 2 well matched teams and will be the same again next week. And we can win.
Spot on, this notion that we should be blowing teams like PSV out the water are crazy. Would be interesting to see our wage bill v theirs and same with squad value for a wee bit of perspective

Back