Really not a big Windass fan,but

Polar bear

He kind stopped me in my tracks tonight,really good effort."For me "definately his best game for us.
If he can keep up that effort,I'm on board.:)

He's without doubt better playing through the middle just behind the striker, but didn't think it was his best game tonight. Didn't let anyone down though.

Genuinely didn’t think it was anywhere near his best. Quite a few passes behind the wingers when breaking quickly. Bit fantic when receiving the ball when static. However he did win us the pen and cause their centre backs a fair few problems, even when just chasing long balls.

I rate him highly but thought he’s had many better games.

Should never be out wide again.

He was pretty poor tonight mate, couldn't hold the ball & took far too long with his decision making. A lot of moves broke down with him.

The one time he actually played the way he is supposed to, he wins the penalty.

Would’ve been him I took off for Cummings tbh although he did put the effort in he was pretty poor, we also missed Morelos up top to hold up the ball when he went off it just kept coming back.

Also thought he was poor , was barely in the game in the first half. I like windass but sometimes I feel I get caught in the hype around him

the key to judging windass fairly is, if he's playing on the left wing then don't judge him on that performance. he doesn't suit that position but sometimes is played there for the team's sake (old firm being an example). in the hole defenders are shit scared of his pace. also gutted his shot hit off the post in the first 20 mins !

thought he had one of those nights where everything he touches turns to sh"t. His effort levels never drop though and he's not going to be able to tear teams apart every week so he's forgiven.

Nowhere near his best game for us.

Played decent in spells but didn’t get on the ball as much as he can and should. Drifted out the game too often, especially first half.

And agree re the fairy stuff, he’s never going to be a hard man is he?! :D

He was better at Aberdeen.

Good tonight. Anyone saying otherwise has a problem with the boy. He done good.

Great movement and brilliant runs has power the lot but he continually underhit his final pass or made a poor choice tonight imo.

I like him but I want us to go 4-4-2 against the weaker teams in the league, as I want to see Morelos and Cummings as a partnership. If that happens then Windass drops out the team for me as he’s ineffective out wide.

Seems everyone thinks he was great or poor tonight. Personally I thought it was in the middle. Thought he had a decent game but ni where near his best, stayed busy all game and offered the team something. Won the penalty too.

He should only play through the middle as even on an off day he stays in the game, out left and off his game he is a man down.

Thought he was ok tonight. Won a penalty and possibly should have had another in the first half.

I thought he was completely anonymous tonight. Was going to mention earlier how people saying he was worth 3.5 Million were mental but I didn't want to be negative after such a good result.
I'm struggling to understand how anyone could think this was his best game for us? I was hoping Cummings would replace him at half time.

That definitely wasn't one of his best performances for us tonight, not even close. Can't fault him for effort but, same goes with Murphy.

I'm probably one of his biggest defenders, but I felt that he 'went missing' a couple of times during the game. Still a decent performance.

Thought he was rotten tonight, very poor.

He’ll know that though, which is all you can ask.

I thought he was off the pace a bit tonight.
Yes, me too.
I also find his decision making and vision incredibly frustrating.
And that waiting for the ball to reach you in the centre circle.
Plain stupidity and its the poor thinking that annoys me more than anything.

His progression in a year is remarkable! If he continues to improve at a similar rate he’ll be worth a lot in a year or two

The one thing windass does brilliantly is very quickly closing down space for opposition players and forcing them into mistakes or losing possession.

Can’t recall a player we’ve had who is more scared of getting stuck in and taking one for the team.

Strangely, I’d still keep him.

Has the tools but his decision making lets him down at times. Hopefully something he learns with more experience.

Bit player tonight, some flashes of what he can do, we won so won't get me angry.

If I can be picky then it was the moment he waited for the ball to come to him only for the sheep player to steal it...very unprofessional of him.

Thought he was anonymous for most of the match from an attack perspective. However, he was not through the middle where he’s most effective.

He started off very, very well but as the game went on he lost it a bit. However, he wasn't completely out of it and still showed flashes of danger.

He still doesn't come across as a 90 min player. I'd probably have brought Cummings on for him rather than taking Morelos off. Morelos did look a little tired but I still think had more to offer than Windass by that point.

He's still a very useful player and someone I would keep a hold of. Unless the min offer is made.

I actually thought it was his poorest game in a long time for us.

However, the difference was he kept going and didn't hide when it wasn't going for him. Windass of 12 months ago would have completely disappeared.

Quality player, was always a threat despite not being at his best tonight. He'll have far better games, but their players couldn't get near him.

Very few opponents can cope with him actually. He's a physical mismatch for most defenders. Strolls past them as if they aren't there.

I thought he had an average game and would have rated him a 6 but feel he does have potential to progress. The squad is getting so strong however that there might not be the luxury for players to develop as they will be out of the team as soon as they have a poor game. What a great problem to have at last.

I'd be tempted to drop him on Sunday and go with 2 up top with cummings taking his place there bottom of the league do should be plenty chances for the strikers

Back