Reasons for not Subscribing to unlimited RTV

Why don't you have the unlimited RTV subscription?

• I go to every game Home and Away anyway

Votes: 49 7.4%
  • I go to every Home game and watch away on Sky/BT

Votes: 215 32.5%
  • I want to PPV single games as I choose

Votes: 75 11.3%
  • I don't know how a VPN works to set it up

Votes: 100 15.1%
  • I can't afford £17.25 a month

Votes: 147 22.2%
  • I don't know how to watch RTV on my TV

Votes: 59 8.9%
  • I do subscribe for the £17.25 unlimited package

Votes: 122 18.4%
  • I don't think RTV is reliable/value for money

Votes: 21 3.2%

• Total voters
Go to every home game and have Sky Sports for away games. If it's on BT I'll go to the pub. So I don't really have much need for it.

Worth noting for those popping into this thread, I'd say it's highly unlikely league games will be priced at £12. This price is all about encouraging bums on seats at Ibrox for the friendlies. Last season league matches were £5.99. I reckon that will go up - perhaps to as much as £7.99 but, hopefully, only to £6.99. Still a lot less than todays £12 though.

You don't need the vpn on the firestick if you login to rtv through a laptop or iPad first through vpn. Once purchased you just login on the firestick and open rtv.

Do you mean if you are purchasing on a game by game basis? I can understand if you buy the game from say Germany, they will have you down as being in that country, but if you are an ongoing subscriber will that still be the case?

I feel that £23 a month is too much for what I would get back , Assuming I will make it to 60-70% of our games I dont see the value of paying to watch the rest when i can watch the extended highlights later for free

Also the buffering seems to be an issue , I would be watching on my laptop has I dont have it connected to my TV and usually whatever is causing me to miss the game in person would prevent me watching it on TV as well

Include an option for 'my dad has the unlimited subscription and lets me use it free of charge' and I'll vote.:))

I feel that £23 a month is too much for what I would get back , Assuming I will make it to 60-70% of our games I dont see the value of paying to watch the rest when i can watch the extended highlights later for free

Also the buffering seems to be an issue , I would be watching on my laptop has I dont have it connected to my TV and usually whatever is causing me to miss the game in person would prevent me watching it on TV as well

Its £17.25 plus a VPN if you choose to pay for a VPN rather than use a free one.

The buffering is mostly only an issue for those that don't know how to adjust the settings and just give up. Mostly, not exclusively. I seldom, if ever, have an issue.

Its £17.25 plus a VPN if you choose to pay for a VPN.

The buffering is mostly only an issue for those that don't know how to adjust the settings and just give up. Mostly, not exclusively. I seldom, if ever, have an issue.

How are you arriving at £17.25 ?

The price I can see on the website is $28.50 , which going by google is about £23

We’ll be at the vast majority of home games this season, and want to go to as many away ones as possible as well. I’ve got BT Sport free through my phone contract, so I’ll only be looking to get a few matches. I go for the £96 subscription to RTV then just buy the individual ones I want.

For those who missed the many other threads on RangersTV some basic troubleshooting steps if you encounter problems.

Firstly, if it’s buffering try clicking in the icon down in the bottom right if the screen that looks like 4 small boxes. From the pop-up menu change the setting from Auto to the one below, 1080p. If it’s still buffering, do it again and drop to the one below that. If necessary drop to the one below that again - I’ve ended up on 320p before stopping the buffering and, more importantly, I did not see a degradation in my picture quality on a large desktop monitor.

If you still encounter problems look to your own setup. Investigate it. Never mind that other services work fine, something is stopping RangersTV from working. Is it only on your home broadband? Have you tried logging in on your laptop, for example, via someone else's broadband? Have you tried logging into RangersTV on a friends laptop in your home? On their laptop in their home? There is a reason your experience is so bad and to simply lay it at the feet of RangersTV is an easy way out. Try your equipment in another location and then try someone else's equipment in your location and finally someone else's equipment in another location. That would be a good starting point I reckon in ruling out your equipment, your broadband - or both. It might turn out that there's no easy fix - or it might help identify an issue you've hitherto been unaware of. Good Luck if you decide to go for it.

Finally, if you are trying to stream through a smart tv browser you will be very fortunate to get it to work. Firstly, there is the issue of getting a VPN that works on your tv. Then there is the fact that smart tv browsers are notoriously shit for this sort of thing. You might have better luck with a Firestick or similar but the easiest way to get it to a tv is by hooking up a laptop via HDMI or by using Apple TV.

If you want to watch a match (and are a subscriber) do NOT click on the link to purchase the match. There have been a few reports of subscribers being charged twice in such cases. Simply go to the Login page, login and then go to the bit that says 'Show Me Videos About'. Leave the Search box EMPTY and simply click on Search. This brings up a list of videos in date order, most recent first. This will include all the pre-match stuff and a link to the game itself. Enjoy!

https://rangers.co.uk/tv/login

Hope this helps at least one user.

Just to add to the above here is a picture showing the quality adjustment:

2zzlwk7.jpg

I select the 648p or the 540p option and watch it on my big TV and it looks no different to watching a game via sky for me.

A few questions if I may.

Will using Puffin browser on IPad mean no VPN is needed?
Could more than one person watch streams of live games on separate devices simultaneously?
Is is possible to upgrade current £5 a month subscription to this, or is it separate subscriptions?

I have tried to subscribe to RTV, registered first, before selecting a package later.
I have forgotten my password and have tried to go through the relevant process of recovery with the rtv site.
But despite attempts they have not replied to me,can I phone them or try a different process?
Any help would be appreciated.

£17 a month on top of bills and everything else is a fair whack for a lot of people. I'd probably pay it if I lived abroad.

It's not worth £17 a month though.

So I’ve just upgraded to unlimited and don’t know what a vpn is or how to use it. If there’s anyone kind enough to explain what it is I need to do before the season starts would be smashing !!

£17 a month on top of bills and everything else is a fair whack for a lot of people. I'd probably pay it if I lived abroad.

It's not worth £17 a month though.

Kinda depends on your interests. I can watch 8-10 Rangers games live per month. No other provider gives me that. I’m enjoy watching the EOL but it’s not my focus. So BT Sports has been ditched. Sky Sports will go the same way in January when my current cut-price deal ends. No more haggling with Sky - Hallelujah. I will be quids in on what I was paying when I had both packages.

Can still watch BT Sports online, if I choose to, using my mates login as he watches it on his television. Win-win.

Could more than one person watch streams of live games on separate devices simultaneously?
Is is possible to upgrade current £5 a month subscription to this, or is it separate subscriptions?

I’ve ran it on mobile and laptop at same times to check quality of the video and never had an issue with the multiple user thing

I think you may need to cancel current subscription to then take on a new higher priced one otherwise you may be charged for both

No VPN via Puffin, there’s one built in.
Yes, multiple people can use the same account.
Yes, just jo into the subscription section and choose the unlimited option, that will override any existing subscription.

Do you mean if you are purchasing on a game by game basis? I can understand if you buy the game from say Germany, they will have you down as being in that country, but if you are an ongoing subscriber will that still be the case?

Ah, yes I was on game by game last season and I've only just gone for unlimited so not sure yet. No reason I can think it'll be any different though.

So I’ve just upgraded to unlimited and don’t know what a vpn is or how to use it. If there’s anyone kind enough to explain what it is I need to do before the season starts would be smashing !!

See this excellent post by @squaddie-bear based on using the free VPN Tunnelbear. You don’t have to use that VPN but his guide will give you an idea. Plenty in here only too willing to help if and when you run into issues

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...ide-to-using-a-vpn-to-watch-rangers-tv.22035/

Last edited:
I’ve ran it on mobile and laptop at same times to check quality of the video and never had an issue with the multiple user thing

I think you may need to cancel current subscription to then take on a new higher priced one otherwise you may be charged for both

Thanks.

Don’t buy the game using the VPN, your bank might think it’s a dodgy foreign transaction.

Good advice - if you are in the UK don't turn on your VPN to purchase the match (if buying on a pay per game basis), just use your UK credit/debit card to pay as normal. Then - if applicable - turn on the VPN.

For the purpose of this poll I'm going to assume that everyone wants to watch every game home and away. So that means the only option as far as RTV is concerned is the Unlimited £17.25 a month subscription. So the question is why don't you subscribe to that package.

There seems to be a general consensus from people that do subscribe to this package that even though it could be better in some areas, it's still great value for money.
I have a season ticket for home matches, and last season paid for almost all away matches on RTV- watching with laptop plugged into telly using VPN.
It worked (mostly) but it’s certainly not perfect- picture pausing a lot. Quality not as good as broadcast telly.
Would rather give money to club so will probably stick with it, though I may go down the sky route now they have exclusive SPFL right again.

I have a season ticket for home matches, and last season paid for almost all away matches on RTV- watching with laptop plugged into telly using VPN.
It worked (mostly) but it’s certainly not perfect- picture pausing a lot. Quality not as good as broadcast telly.
Would rather give money to club so will probably stick with it, though I may go down the sky route now they have exclusive SPFL right again.

BT still have this season left mate.

Be sure and check-out the advice, posted multiple times on these threads, about adjusting the quality settings. In most cases it will eliminate buffering and avoid the constant shifting in picture quality. See the photo just a few posts above.

Check the posts on this thread mate about improving picture quality and buffering. Click the button in the bottom right hand corner and change the picture quality from AUTO to 1080. Keep going down till it stops buffering.

I always get a brilliant picture with no buffering and I have a decent broadband but nothing out of the ordinary.

Don't have sky, but have BT included via Virgin. Bought games individually last year at £5.99 each except the ones on BT obviously. Used PIA vpn, but only as I got it through humble bundle.

I watch all the games at my supporters club. It costs me $10 per game which goes to Rangers via NARSA. I don't think I'd get the benefit of the unlimited subscription but I do have the fiver a month one.

No option for 'I'm offshore 3 weeks at a time and the rig wifi is fùcking useless'?

That'd get my vote.

I’ve just bought the monthly for the first time and gave my UK address for the card, as usual, to worldpay. Why should Rangers care where we are. It’s virtually free money to the Club

I’ve just bought the monthly for the first time and gave my UK address for the card, as usual, to worldpay. Why should Rangers care where we are. It’s virtually free money to the Club

I’m not sure of the context in which you have quoted me here. I was talking about whether or not you would need a vpn to log in if you have the unlimited subscription rather than game by game.

I find it insane that the amount of people would rather give their hard earned to Sky/BT instead of the club.

As for the 'its too much' brigade... how much do you pay for your phone contract? Probably double that if you want one of the latest ones. Now that's what you call too much

For those of us that live outside of the UK , what will be our best option to watch RTV games come the season, I presume that they will still be available on an occasional basis and at what price per game.
Anyone know?

Im a £5 subscriber but at this rate even that'll be getting cancelled if they don't respond to my e mails re a payment issue. Terrible customer service. Five times now i have tried without response.

I gave up going to away matches when the bastards punted us to the bottom tier of Scottish football.

I have Sky, BT, Netflix and Disney Life to pay for.

I've got Rangers TV plus which I pay a one off payment each year - £90 odd.

Im a £5 subscriber but at this rate even that'll be getting cancelled if they don't respond to my e mails re a payment issue. Terrible customer service. Five times now i have tried without response.

I trust you are emailing World Pay and not Rangers?

I find it insane that the amount of people would rather give their hard earned to Sky/BT instead of the club.

As for the 'its too much' brigade... how much do you pay for your phone contract? Probably double that if you want one of the latest ones. Now that's what you call too much

There is more to Sky and BT than just Rangers matches, especially when you've a missus and two kids with all the stuff they watch.

Plus I need sky for other football, golf, tennis, plus movies, documentaries, boxers etc.

Back