Reassure a panic merchant if you can

George_Costanza

In not seeking attention just some confidence from fellow bears

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down

Do you think this Celtic team, managed by Lennon, are going to win every game, including beating us twice?

Do you think we are going to lose another two games, on top of those 2, and draw another one?

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down
Its happening. The more we all believe and give it our all its happening sooner regardless of the tramps from the dark side. Just keep doing what we've all been doing all season. Stay with it, follow on and never surrender!

I'm the same and deep down a lot of us feel the same in a way. Not because we don't trust the players or management team but because it's been 10 years of hurt, pain and embarrassment and we are so close to getting there yet still so far.

Football is a funny game and anything can happen. All it takes is one or 2 bad results and them to close the gap and doubts creep in. It's a cliche but it really is one game at a time and as long as we can at the very least match their results then we'll be fine.

Take a step back and look at it logically.

Imagine big Goldson in the dressing room rallying the team. You can see how much he wants it. Is he going to let this fall to shit now it is in sight?

Imagine Gerrard in training. Drumming home the importance of each and every game to the players. Still haunted by his slip at Chelsea, devoting his life to make sure that doesn't happen this time around.

Don't even draw on these imaginary scenarios. Looks at the stats, the cold hard facts.

Look at the points gap. Look at the assists table. Look at Tav's stats. Look at our form, unbeaten in the middle of January. 15 wins in a row.

Look across the city. Utter shambles. They need to win every single game to have a chance. Even the best of Celtic teams would struggle to do that, nevermind this clusterfuck. Look at the state of Lennon - is he going to mastermind the greatest comeback of all time? Do their players want to run through brick walls for that tramp?

I could go on. But when you take all of this into account, I think you know where this is headed.

I sat and gret my eyes out drunk the day they beat us 2-0 at new year in 1997. Cried my heart out knowing it was the end of an era. We should have won it that year to make it ten. This is our karma year mate, all the signs are there. They wont win it, we will. #55

Mate I know where you're coming from

2 weeks back the gap was nearly only 4 points but we dug deep and with the majestic keeper it was 10

The separate entity then have 2 home and winnable games so 4 more points while we draw

If all that had gone in their favour we would be level on points

Ok I know I'm giving them the games in hand points

But it didn't and we find ourselves 12 clear

But it shows that this can change quickly

I'm a nervous wreck as we simply can't let this slip

Win thd next 2 and I'm determined to feel confident

Well, how did you feel before the first game of the season?

Imagine if someone had come on here and posted that after the 2nd of January we would be 10 points clear. You'd think they were out of their damn minds.

There are no guarantees however. Just enjoy the week to week anticipation of the next match and let's wait and see where we are going into the split.

Hell, there's as much of a chance that we'll have it won by the split as there is that they will have caught up with us.

16 points clear after match day 33 means we've won it before the split. That's a 4 point difference from now. If those 4 points swung the other way then that's us going into the split 8 points clear with us playing them at Ibrox to effectively kill it off.

Yes, we could make a complete arse of it. We could. Football is like that sometimes.
However, we are about to play 14 games against teams we are objectively better than.
We've got a stronger squad than last season and have already navigated 2 difficult January away games with 4 points out of 6.

Last season after new year it was those two away games after the winter break that killed us. Losing to Hearts and then losing to Killie. Then a draw with St Johnstone. This season we've gone Aberdeen away and Motherwell away and while we did drop 2 points the tims dropped 4 in the same period.

It is tough mate but I think all the signs point to us being OK. We might stumble over the line in the end but I think we'll make it.

Rangers will be fine, mate.
Most important that you look after you, first and foremost. Think about what you can control, even if it's only the little things. Talk to anyone who will listen. As you will know, there are more than you realise. The post above mentions watching games with your dad. Watch old stuff on youtube together. It'll reignite the feeling of celebration and the winning buzz we have grown to forget for too long.

Your post count is high enough to access he lounge. I have found great comfort in the 'help and depression' thread. Sometimes just reading, but often in my 'dark times', posting too. Never has it done me anything other than good. The catharsis, and supprt have been invaluable. We are definitely not alone. Stay strong brother. The FF (and RFC) family will always have your back.

Oh, and 55 arrives this May.
All the best.

With the greatest respect mate. Its only a game. I love Rangers to bits, but id never let something like this affect my mental health to that kind of degree. Some things are just far more important.

We will win the league though, dont worry about that.
I don't think the OP was suggesting watching Rangers has caused his poor mental health, more that watching us can be hard to deal with due to it. When Rangers winning and doing well makes you feel even a wee bit of genuine happiness in tough times, you are desperate for it to continue.

I think after the last several years our support I understandably worried something might go wrong. We've put up with so much gloating and waiting so long.

Celtic would be required to win every game from now til the end of the season including 3 away games post split and 2 old firm games and still hope we drop points somehwere.

They've only won 5 of their last 11 league games and 6 of those games were at home.

I don't want to jump the gun, but it'd take an incredible turn of events for us to lose now.

I'm in the same boat pal I feel your pain . Not so much with depression but I have an illness that my heart rate can sky rocket dangerously if I experience too much stress and make me feel pretty ill. games of late have been hard watching, I won't be content until it's over the line. I must admit though one look at that circus across the city at the moment and it can make all the difference. Fills me with hope and joy seeing that shit show take place. Long may it continue. I hope we go all out over the next few games and hammer another few nails into that filthy rat infested old coffin of theirs

Your team are going to win the league this season, mate!

I've been keen not to celebrate too early after everything we've been through but as pointed out above - think about how much it would take to turn it around now.

If we happened to lose 4 out of the last 14 matches, they will have to win every single match and we would probably still win on goal difference!

We have won our European group and are still in the competition - we haven't done this by fluke. They have been embarrassed in both Euro comps and are in total disarray.

This is a good year to be a Bear.

Mate, Celtic really need to win 17 straight games, including 2 against us. Can you see that happening for a start?
If they manage that, we then need to draw 4 games or lose another on top of that.
Anything is possible in football, and there's Still a lot of work to be done. But we are in a phenomenal position.

When something means so much to you it's natural to worry about it going wrong.

But in this life, the worst kind of stress is when you stress about things you can't control.

That's why this run-in will be weird, because as supporters we can't do much to support the team.

But here's the thing, even if you are one of those rangers supporters that will stress their way to the finish line...so be it...you've been through tougher times than this in your life, and I have complete faith in you dealing with this stuff too bro.

You've got this. We've got this.

Last edited:
With the greatest respect mate. Its only a game. I love Rangers to bits, but id never let something like this affect my mental health to that kind of degree. Some things are just far more important.

We will win the league though, dont worry about that.
I don't disagree though at some of hardest times in my life football had taken away those pressure off real life is game to give us joy, hope and release and to show good things happen

Keep believing George. I'm going through a bit of a bad patch personally just now, not to any extent like yours, I hasten to add. You just have to take it one day at a time and try to focus on the positives if you can. For the team it's one game at a time and as long as we avoid any major slump we should get over the line. 21 point lead at the moment and the bheggars are in a mess, so it's looking very good at the moment. We'll get there. Believe in yourself and the team and you and your dad will be celebrating big style come the end of the season. If anything, keep it together for your dad if you can. Good luck with this and good luck in keeping your condition to a degree that allows you to handle the future. Remember, we are going to do this, 55 will be ours.

I don't think the OP was suggesting watching Rangers has caused his poor mental health, more that watching us can be hard to deal with due to it. When Rangers winning and doing well makes you feel even a wee bit of genuine happiness in tough times, you are desperate for it to continue.

Possibly mate, but he said "I suffer badly from depression" that's a bit of a red flag, when you consider the emotion involved in football. Not saying this was the angle he was getting at, but its important you don't allow Rangers to take precedence over any mental health issues.

Respectfully mate.

The way I think of it mate is:

Our home form this season is 100% wins. If we just win all our remaining home games then we only need 4 points (one win and a draw) from our 6 away games to guarantee the title, regardless of what winning run they go on (which I dont think will be that impressive).

Even if we go on as bad a run as last season (which I think we are too strong for this season) we are still in a good position. We only got 14 out of 27 points in the last 9 games before last season was halted. Even if we went on that level of run from now until the end of the season we would get another 22 points and finish on 88. But we are much better than last season and have the squad depth to cover for injuries and can rotate if a player is off form (which we couldn’t do with Morelos last season).

For them to beat that they would need to win 14 and draw 2 out of their next 17 games. They have not managed to win any of their last 3 games, another one of their players has Covid and their manager has made a fool of himself in public. I am very cautious usually but even I am getting optimistic about this season.

Stick £50 on celtic for the title at 16-1 and let sods law take care of the rest?

First of all think of the position the yahoos are in and breathe deep it isn't us. They have matches in hand that must be won just to get within 12 points.

They travel to in form Livingston who won't lose - huge bonus for us.

Will we have slip ups, yes - but so will they and the gap will not be cut into.

Every time we take 3 points it is one match closer to the magic number, and every time they drop points, the number decreases.

Don't get ahead and dwell on what if scenarios. You can't change anything. We are all desperate for this title, but know that the management, board and primarily the players are too. You really need to be in the here and now with one match at a time. Ross County will be swept away by Rangers, make no mistake. One match closer to the magic number.

Relax and see how the Livi match plays out and you will feel much better.

All those years in the wilderness will be rewarded, Rangers are staying the course.

Good luck OP. We are very close. We are all thinking and waiting for it every hour of every day.

Its a bizarre situation being so far clear but knowing theres games in hand.

8-5-1 wins the league even allowing for them winning 16 of 17.

8 at home. You couldnt ask for a better hand in any of our wildest dreams for this season 6 months ago.

I recognise what you’re saying and feeling. I think we all are scarred by the last ten years and along with the last two seasons post-New Year collapses it’s causing lots of us very significant anxiety.
Being a numerate sort the main thing I take encouragement from is the bookies‘ odds you quote of 1/40. That means the bookies reckon there is a 2.5% chance of us not winning from where we are.
While it obviously isn’t a certainty, nothing in life is, the bookies, most of whom are running their businesses using their laptops while sitting on the sundecks of their multi-million pound super yachts bobbing alongside in marinas in Barbados, Gibraltar and the like, are incredibly seldom wrong.
As I said we’re not certainties but we’re pretty much as close as can be to it. As Marvin said ‘Keep Believing’.

Christ how would people cope if it was neck and neck?!

I include myself in that btw!

I think it's just the fact that we've been waiting so long and honestly a year ago it felt like we might never get there.

Can you imagine if we were going for 2 or 3 in a row here and are sitting 12 clear after 24 games played? We'd be getting fed up of having to wait for the trophy presentation.

Back in 2010, when Edu scored that last minute goal. We went 10 points clear after macthday 26.
Oh and we had a points total of 61 after 26 games.

The difference then was that as a support we were so familiar with success.

I was thinking last season that this specific scenario now was probably the only way we would realistically win the league. So far ahead that we can afford to make some mistakes and then recover from those. So far ahead that every game is a must win for them if they haven't already mentally chucked it.

I think Sunday has spooked a lot of us just because it's a wee reminder that we are not invincible. We can drop points here and there and we probably will. That little doubt just grows out of control from there. Imagining that every game is a banana skin for us and that they will go on and win 17 out of 17.

If you have not saw the Neil Lennon press conference I recommend you do.

That is the idiot that they are depending on clawing back 21 points and outsmarting Steve G.

Mate look at the league table and ask yourself if it is much better to be a Rangers fan or a Celtic fan when you see it.

You, me and many more are going to have a really beautiful day later this year when we win the 55.

Phone your dad and ask him about the chances of Celtic overtaking us and I am sure he will help put your mind at ease.

Good luck with your depression and if you are not already going to your doctors about it you might want to consider what help they can offer.

Don't worry about our form Geo, over the last 25 games in all competitions we've won 21, drawn 3 and lost 1.
Over the same amount of games the scum have only won 11, drawn 7 and lost 7 and that includes losing to us twice.

Add in the fact that they're in absolute turmoil, I'm certain that we're going to be absolutely fine, they are far far more likely to drop points than we are!

Back