Reassure a panic merchant if you can

Rangers will be fine, mate.
Most important that you look after you, first and foremost. Think about what you can control, even if it's only the little things. Talk to anyone who will listen. As you will know, there are more than you realise. The post above mentions watching games with your dad. Watch old stuff on youtube together. It'll reignite the feeling of celebration and the winning buzz we have grown to forget for too long.

Your post count is high enough to access he lounge. I have found great comfort in the 'help and depression' thread. Sometimes just reading, but often in my 'dark times', posting too. Never has it done me anything other than good. The catharsis, and supprt have been invaluable. We are definitely not alone. Stay strong brother. The FF (and RFC) family will always have your back.

Oh, and 55 arrives this May.
All the best.
A fine post. Nicely written.

Try just to enjoy each game for what it is, a game. It's not life or death. Enjoy the good play, the great goals, spectacular saves, crunching tackles, unstoppable free kicks. We all, really, really want to win this league. It won't make the last 9 years go away, but it will start to put us where we belong. If we hit the post at 0-0, enjoy the shot, don't roll around the floor in agony.

But, I'm pretty sure it's no longer a pleasure to watch, unless we are three-nil up with two minutes left and have a corner. Had wee Defoe's effort gone in on Sunday, it would have made a huge difference to everyone, but when all is said and done, we finished the weekend still the same number of points ahead, with one more game played and one more away game played. No real damage was done, and maybe the players needed that wee reminder that there is still work to be done.

Also, don't fret on Celtic's results, nothing we can do about them. Just have a laugh if they drop points, don't worry if they score a last minute equalizer, it's the draws that have got them in their current predicament. Remember also, sport websites are all about clicks. They are designed to wind you up so you click, and they can sell eyeballs to advertisers. Look at how Strachan was misquoted today. Two pages of posts before someone pointed out, it wasn't actually what he said. And it will only get worse. Be prepared for everyone from Joe Biden to Joe Miller being rolled out to say why Celtic can still do it (hey, that's quite good an election thief and a wallet thief)

And unless we win, don't go near the match threads. People try to be smart arses calling negatives out early. When we do win, go back and read them. You'll get an idea how crazy people are in the threads. Some are just so passionate, some know nothing about the game, some are pished, some are pragmatic, some are naively positive. They are just expressing their desire to wining many different ways. (except the "ah telt ye before he wiz pish/bottle crashed" mob)

But when you read them back afterwards, you'll not get so wound up reading them during the match.

And as Bill Struth might have said "Enjoy the Chase"

From the Old Firm in October, In all competitions we have played 22 games; Won 18, Drawn 3 and Lost 1, They have Played 19 games; Won 6, Drawn 6 and lost 7.

If we shit the bed completely after being really complacent in games then of course we could %^*& this up.

However, as long as we continue to turn up to games, do our job, take the emotion out of it and put teams to the sword then we should be fine.

I know what you're going through mate, the high from winning is unreal. You chase it. I've never dabbled in drugs but if you get a similar feeling I understand why people get hooked.

You have depression so you probably have the common trait that you don't deserve to have/feel good stuff(like us getting 55) so have doubts about it happening.

I would just be repeating @Est1872 further up the thread with my advice.

In not seeking attention just some confidence from fellow bears

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down
1/50 with Bet 365

People might want to tell you it's only a game and to an extent that's true but you can say that about almost anything that brings people joy or anguish or indifference.

In terms of some Rangers reassurance, I kind of suffer from a similar sort of existential crisis where I think we just won't win it. When that happens I focus on the last good game we had and the next game. I immerse myself in the next match and watch previous matches against that team.

Sometimes it helps to completely stop away if possible, concentrate on another hobby or try something creative even if you're not naturally a creative person. Making something can give you a boost.

But mostly it's about talking and being honest with what you're going through. It's been a stressful year and we're at a difficult point. Personally it's a bit of a cognitive dissonance seeing that we're vaccinating and seeing people die at world record rates. Morbid I know but that's the reality.

Good luck OP, you're not alone even if it might feel that way.

Been through it all before. Do you know what ? You either win it or you dont. Usually Champions earn it. We've certainly earned our advantage so far.
I honestly think the big points lead is a distraction. If it was neck and neck we wouldnt be thinking of anything else but winning the next match.
Now people are obsessing about the gap.
We've done well in all the 'big matches' this season....another team hasnt.

Don't worry pal, it's happening. Here is why:

1. We are 21 points clear
2. If, and its a massive if, they win their 3 games in hand, its still 12 points plus massive goal difference
3. We need to fall apart and they need to suddenly become brilliant. Neither is happening.
4. They are playing pass the goalie gloves and still can't decide who they want to win from shite, shiter and shitest
5. Shane Duffy
6. TLB just made Kevin Keegan's rant seem like a good idea
7. They had to build a fence to stop their fans kicking their c***s in
8. We have Stevie G and they have a fat ranting snus moothed alcoholic at the healm

It could go on for ever. We have been excellent this season, and still ground out results when our form dropped recently. We are stronger in every position. They have a shite disjointed squad, made terrible signings, half them want away and their manager looks like he should be in a padded cell.

It's been a long wait, but we are nearly there, and it will be the sweetest one of all. Soak it in, enjoy our victory along with their hilariously painful downfall and what a rip roaring cu*t they're made of "the 10"!!

One thing that is glaringly obvious in this thread is that the Rangers family is there for you. There are some fantastic individuals on this forum who offer great advice and care for their fellow fans' well-being.

Don't worry pal, it's happening. Here is why:

1. We are 21 points clear
2. If, and its a massive if, they win their 3 games in hand, its still 12 points plus massive goal difference
3. We need to fall apart and they need to suddenly become brilliant. Neither is happening.
4. They are playing pass the goalie gloves and still can't decide who they want to win from shite, shiter and shitest
5. Shane Duffy
6. TLB just made Kevin Keegan's rant seem like a good idea
7. They had to build a fence to stop their fans kicking their c***s in
8. We have Stevie G and they have a fat ranting snus moothed alcoholic at the healm

It could go on for ever. We have been excellent this season, and still ground out results when our form dropped recently. We are stronger in every position. They have a shite disjointed squad, made terrible signings, half them want away and their manager looks like he should be in a padded cell.

It's been a long wait, but we are nearly there, and it will be the sweetest one of all. Soak it in, enjoy our victory along with their hilariously painful downfall and what a rip roaring cu*t they're made of "the 10"!!
I support this post, op.

Hang in there, it'll be ok :)

Enjoy it, enjoy everyday, if Rangers are a big part of your life then enjoy Rangers everyday, enjoy the good things happening. Don't doomscroll, don't watch negative news, read negative stories, take a break from FF !! And enjoy our club being back on top

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down
We will win the league mate. I understand where you are coming from.

Try to imagine for one minute that you are a celtic fan (i know), would you have any hope whatsoever?

Try just to enjoy each game for what it is, a game. It's not life or death. Enjoy the good play, the great goals, spectacular saves, crunching tackles, unstoppable free kicks. We all, really, really want to win this league. It won't make the last 9 years go away, but it will start to put us where we belong. If we hit the post at 0-0, enjoy the shot, don't roll around the floor in agony.

But, I'm pretty sure it's no longer a pleasure to watch, unless we are three-nil up with two minutes left and have a corner. Had wee Defoe's effort gone in on Sunday, it would have made a huge difference to everyone, but when all is said and done, we finished the weekend still the same number of points ahead, with one more game played and one more away game played. No real damage was done, and maybe the players needed that wee reminder that there is still work to be done.

Also, don't fret on Celtic's results, nothing we can do about them. Just have a laugh if they drop points, don't worry if they score a last minute equalizer, it's the draws that have got them in their current predicament. Remember also, sport websites are all about clicks. They are designed to wind you up so you click, and they can sell eyeballs to advertisers. Look at how Strachan was misquoted today. Two pages of posts before someone pointed out, it wasn't actually what he said. And it will only get worse. Be prepared for everyone from Joe Biden to Joe Miller being rolled out to say why Celtic can still do it (hey, that's quite good an election thief and a wallet thief)

And unless we win, don't go near the match threads. People try to be smart arses calling negatives out early. When we do win, go back and read them. You'll get an idea how crazy people are in the threads. Some are just so passionate, some know nothing about the game, some are pished, some are pragmatic, some are naively positive. They are just expressing their desire to wining many different ways. (except the "ah telt ye before he wiz pish/bottle crashed" mob)

But when you read them back afterwards, you'll not get so wound up reading them during the match.

And as Bill Struth might have said "Enjoy the Chase"
Great reply mate.
Really good point about Celtic results against other teams. You 'd still expect them to win most games because of the quality of the League.
I always find it best to ignore them completely. Now and again we pick up a wee bonus.
Even all this stuff in the media just now is actually irrelevant to us.

Thank you and an apology

I guess depression makes you think sometimes you are more important and other people can just wave a magic wand and make you feel better I did not intend to do that with my post

But the real apology is that twice now I have been proven wrong thinking the Rangers family did not exist (once in a meltdown I had in the lounge) due mainly to seeing so many arguments and even fights on the subway going to the games between fellow Bears

So many people who I am certain do not know me have taken the time to answer my panic-stricken thread and done it with wit, intelligence. facts and figures and reassurance and nobody was mean which they had every right to be
To take the time to do that for me is very humbling and I do appreciate it so very much there really is a Rangers family and for the first time in a long while I don't feel as lonely as I usually do

Thank you all from the bottom of my heart we really are the people and I may have a lot of problems and demons in my life still but I now know I am not alone and have the strength of hundreds of fellow bluenoses behind me

We have 14 games left.

Win 7 and draw 7 it is over.
Or if we win 8, draw 5 and lose 1 it is over.

Think about our team and whether the above scenarios are doable. Then think about their team. Now you can relax.
Even if we won 7, drew 4 and lost 3 of our remaining 14 games, we would finish the league on 91 points.

For them to get 92 points and eclipse a ridiculously low total, given our results to date, they need to win 15 and draw 2 of their remaining 17 games.

There is zero evidence that we could produce such an inconsistent run and there is even less evidence that they could win 15 out of 17 games.

We have 5 games between now and 13th Feb. 3 at home to Ross Cty, St Johnstone and Killie. 2 away at Hibs and Hamilton. They will play 7 games up to 14th Feb. 4 away to Livi, Killie, St Mirren and St Johnstone. 3 at home to Hamilton, St Mirren and Motherwell.

I'm confident the lead would be at least 16 points by the end of Valentine's day, leaving us only 5 victories away by mid February.

There used to be a program in the 70s called who's the greatest, hosted by Brian Moore. I watched them decide Kevin Keegan was better than George Best by 11 votes to 1. Not even they could give a reasoned argument that we will not win 55 this season. ;)

FBS

Celtic need to win all their games to even have a slim chance of catching us, I'll be amazed if they win tomorrow never mind put together a meaningful winning run of games

Our time has come mate, we will 100% be bringing the title home this year.
They need too much to go their way and it ain’t gonna happen.
Relax and enjoy.

Hope all goes well for you George, you and your dad enjoy the rest of the season, like myself nervous till we score,then settle down to watching the gers.no surrender w.a.t.p

This is the third time in my life I have endured an extended period without a title win.

The first I was too young to understand the pain that older bears endured but I certainly understood what it meant when Colin Stein put an end to that pain.

The second is still raw but the steps we took to bring it all to an end seem incredibly familiar as I reflect on that glorious year - we had appointed an inexperienced, untried rookie as manager and put our trust in him to rejuvenate our club. He was a legend of the game from an outstanding Liverpool team who had lifted the European Cup and who had captained his National team.

When the opportunity presented itself to clinch our first title in years we headed North in confident mood - our bus, as was our custom, left fairly early so we could get to Aberdeen in time for the pubs opening. The game itself looked as if it was going wrong and it felt as if we may have to wait until the following week to clinch it but a Terry Butcher header and the news that Falkirk were winning at parkhead saw the party in full flow.

The journey home was quite something with a couple of stops along the way meaning it was fairly late by the time we arrived back. The local late night drinking spot wasn't overly keen to welcome a host of bears who had been on the lash all day so we made our way to a somewhat less particular establishment. It was the kind of place that attracted a good number of the unwashed and there were plenty there that night and they were looking pretty glum - as we were served the DJ played a tune that had us bouncing and singing along (think someone may have put a request in while we were at the bar) and it's a tune that I've seldom heard in the years since - up until now. A little number by Mental As Anything and I can assure you the old Ashley in Viewpark was, indeed, mental as anything that night :))

Soon as that song was adopted this year, and given other similarities with 86/87, I knew the title was coming home. Clinched, as in both previous occasions i have witnessed, with a 1-1 draw away from home with the Rangers coming from one down and equalising with a header - scored this time by Ryan Kent.

It's only a matter of time - chill out and enjoy the procession to 55.

Last edited:

Oh mate as one poster has said already,you sit down with your pensioner dad,and try and enjoy the rest if this crazy season how lucky you are,lost my dad in 2002,and my brother Stephen 2 years now come march FIL BOB,UNCLE ERNIE AND GARY,there are thousands of us bears who have lost loved ones who are never going to see this momentous season,but we all know they will be up in our BLUE HEAVEN cheering us on,so just try and take it easy,if you get worse private anybody on the site just to chat,look after your dad my friend and yourself 55 is within touching distance,and there will be some show of emotions on that day,full grown men like me ,2 years off 70 will be greetin.in the street, one game at a time,we stay humble,WATP

I have the ultimate fear and of that I have shame in admitting however when u look at what every expert says, it’s near impossible for them to win the league.

your talking about going on a run that Murty and Pedro couldn’t even manage to do! Just think about that for a moment and then you will have faith

This is our year George! Sit back and enjoy the ride!

It will be your reward for the hours spent on PFYCB-)

We've got breathing space. A loss for us isn't crucial. A draw for them, however, anywhere down the line is absolutely fatal.

They've got no wiggle room at all, we've got plenty. Every 3 points we pick up is a nail in their coffin.

In seasons gone by when we draw like we did at the weekend we had no urgency to go on and win. We equalised and battered them searching for a goal. We have the hunger and desire for this.

Arfield, Jack and Roofe still to come back in also remember. We also play better when European games midweek to keep us sharp, and that's coming up soon too.

We're going from strength to strength, they're on the brink.

Even if we won 7, drew 4 and lost 3 of our remaining 14 games, we would finish the league on 91 points.

For them to get 92 points and eclipse a ridiculously low total, given our results to date, they need to win 15 and draw 2 of their remaining 17 games.

There is zero evidence that we could produce such an inconsistent run and there is even less evidence that they could win 15 out of 17 games.

We have 5 games between now and 13th Feb. 3 at home to Ross Cty, St Johnstone and Killie. 2 away at Hibs and Hamilton. They will play 7 games up to 14th Feb. 4 away to Livi, Killie, St Mirren and St Johnstone. 3 at home to Hamilton, St Mirren and Motherwell.

I'm confident the lead would be at least 16 points by the end of Valentine's day, leaving us only 5 victories away by mid February.

There used to be a program in the 70s called who's the greatest, hosted by Brian Moore. I watched them decide Kevin Keegan was better than George Best by 11 votes to 1. Not even they could give a reasoned argument that we will not win 55 this season. ;)

FBS

Wasn't 14th February the day we went into admin? It would be poetic, I think, if they lost away to St Johnstone on that exact date. Leaving us 15 points clear with only 27 points left to play for.

Ah sure there is still a long, long, way to go.

Sometimes it's easy to get wrapped up in the feeling that the league is done and we are running away with it. Only to realise it's not over and we've still got 14 fixtures left to play.

Honestly I think I'd fancy us to win both Old Firm games anyway so they would be needing us to drop 18 points from 36 against the other 10.

Tims still have to go to Aberdeen and Hibs away after the split AND Ibrox AND they pretty much need to win every game. Even at full strength they were leaking points all over the place in the previous 21 matches. 4 out of 17 games against the other 10 before they played us at Ibrox they had dropped something. That's very nearly dropped points every 1 in 4 against the others.

I think a big part of our "collapse" the last two seasons was down to the fact that we beat them and got carried away with ourselves and then immediately gave the advantage straight back to them.

Beat them at Ibrox to go three points behind and then immediately blew it away to Kilmarnock after the break.

Beat them at Parkhead to basically go one point ahead and then immediately hand it back to them with a defeat at Tynecastle.

This season we beat them at Ibrox to go TEN POINTS clear and immediately went a further two points ahead as they dropped points at home to Hibs and Livi.

Everything looks completely different this season. Now they are the ones playing catch up knowing that every match needs to be won. So games where you are 1 down with 60 minutes gone etc take on a very different tone. Still 0-0 at 20 minutes? The nerves are starting to go big time.

Watch this (three parts) podcast from the high performance guys -

Then watch the meltdown from yesterday's presser at the other side of Glasgow -

Gerrard's a winner, he needed time to get it together but he's pretty much there with it. He's too focused and professional for it to go wrong now.

He's bringing it home for us, there's going to be bumps in the road, but he's bringing it home.

We'd have to fuck up no less than 5 games. We have 14 games to go and only 6 of these are away from home (we have a 100% record at Ibrox).
B-)

From a Rangers perspective, hopefully this pic will keep you smiling...
ltNFwSM.jpg

From a personal perspective, if you are in West Lothian and need someone to talk about Rangers or anything really, just drop me a pm.

Best wishes to you and family.
We are winning the title this year, you and your Dad will be celebrating 55. We are the best team, its on.

We will drop points and us fans need to be ready for that... But they are likely to drop more than us.
Enjoy 55 with your dad when it comes mate.

Even if they win tomorrow night we will hump Ross County on Saturday of that I have no doubt, and that is another game ticked off.

We only have 6 away games left to play they have 9.

Also have you noticed our home form? 11 wins out of 11, scored 33 conceded 1.

There is only one team winning the title this season and it isn’t them.

Back