Reassure a panic merchant if you can

Until it is mathematically impossible to be caught I will still be a panic merchant

And thanks again to all my fellow bluenoses for being so nice to me I was really worried I would get a lot of mean replies but that didn't happen
George

Think of it this way - based on celtics form to date they are on target for a total of 79 points. We already have 66 so another 14 points should, based on celtics average ppg, be sufficient.

That's 4 wins and 2 draws from our last 14 games.

If they happen to improve any then we might need a couple more but you get yourself ready for the party mate.

:D

Let’s be honest, they need to go into the next Old Firm game 8 points behind to stand any chance. They beat us, it’s 5 and there’s 6 games left. That sounds plausible.

To get there, it means we need to lose 2 of our next 7 - out of Ross County, Hibs, St Johnstone, Hamilton, Killie, Livi, and St Mirren. And they need to win all 10 - when they’ve won 6 out of the last 20.
this is why im not 100 percent we'll win the league yet

In not seeking attention just some confidence from fellow bears

I suffer badly from depression and I know I put far too much time and sorry into Rangers but I can't help it.

I just want to see us win the league more for my few friends and my pensioner dad as I worry he won't be around too long

My mindset is one of nothing good will ever happen to !e ever again so I try to take comfort from seeing appiness to those I care abpit.
Winning the league would stop my brain from tormenting me and let me be content seeing so many people get deservedly happy after the many years of Rangers being poor on and off the field

But I worry a lot that it won't happen. I try looking at the odds and the Gets are 1/40 on and Celtic 16/1 to win the league but it doesn't help

I have this horrible feeling we will go on a bad run and with the other teams in the league wiring into us yet none of them managing to beat Celtic I fear it may go to the wire As they will gain points quickly

As I said I know I'm making too much of this and understand if people swear reading this and think me a loser or panty wetter and if admin what to chop this thread I will understand

But it would help me a lot of fellow bears could post some reassurance as right now I'm feeling no happiness just worry it is all going to crash down
Its happening big man.

You and your dad can enjoy it all and the happiness it brings you.

Let’s hope the pressure of now being expected to win the league doesn’t get to the players IMO it’s what worries me the most given the way it all unraveled this time last year

No chance. I've seen a steely focus to them this season.

Let's see at the weekend.

I'm a glass half-full merchant. But look at the last 10 months:

Our form dropped off a cliff last January, to the extent that we were beaten by Hamilton at Ibrox in March. Awful stuff, players off form, SG looked totally lost and unable to turn it around.

Then we had the covid stoppage.

Since the resumption of the league in the summer, we have been transformed. The matches we were struggling in and drawing/losing previously have been no problem at all to us this season. We have swept most teams away with no real pressure on us. Whatever SG and his team did during the covid break has worked. We look a totally different side, confident and committed to the way we go about our job.

Our league form has been nothing short of sensational. Remember not too long agho when we couldn't win 3 league matches in a row? We've just seen our run stopped at 15 (FIFTEEN!!) in a row. None of us have ever seen a run like that before. And unlike the last couple of seasons, whenever we've had a poor result (which this season means a draw) we've bounced back in the very next game.

Then look across at the scum. They have a manager who their own fans openly despise, they have a rotten goalkeeper, a terrible back 4 (permed from any 6 or 7), a midfield which is over the hill (Brown, Rogic, Ntcham) or disinterested (Ntcham, Rogic) or just plain poor (Johnston, Bitton). Up front they have Edouard who has been phoning in performances for months and an unfit junkie. that leaves Elyanoussi, McGregor & Christie to effectively carry the entire team, and we can see where that has left them.

They need to start cutting into our lead at an average of 1 point per game. Every single game. Yet the best they have managed since they lost against us and every game became a "must win" is 3 draws.

None of this will change overnight. Even if they get a new manager in (which they are happily showing no signs of doing), we still have a massive lead which we have shown zero sign of relinquishing despite the last few weeks where our form has dipped.

Face it - the league title is coming home. Our defence is too good to start shipping goals all over the place. Our midfield will only be strengthened by the return of Jack and Arfield in the coming weeks, and up front Morelos has finally started scoring again and we have Roofe to come back. It's possible to still drop a few points between now and the end of the season (we might even lose a game!), but not anywhere close to 14. I've always dreamed of seeing a season where we have such a massive gap in January and can relax for the final 4 months of the season - well, here it is. Enjoy!

I’m always nervous about these things but surely that’s it now. Just hope we go on and win it in style and go on another run of wins

They are absolutely capitulating before our very eyes, yet we will still have bears nervous about our chances of winning the league! I get some are naturally glass half empty types but this really would require a genuine footballing miracle for us not to win the league from here.

Until it is mathematically impossible to be caught I will still be a panic merchant

And thanks again to all my fellow bluenoses for being so nice to me I was really worried I would get a lot of mean replies but that didn't happen

No mean messages mate, we are all in the same position here.

I sat down to watch Sundays match expecting another win and another round of gloating.
Instead we got a reminder that actually teams can take points off us.

So then it's a good few sleepless nights trying to figure out permutations.
Who have we got left to play? Who do they play? They're gonna win every game.
Oh god what if we chuck it all away.

A long way to go still and I reckon now we're going to enjoy a lot more matches before the final celebrations.

One win at a time takes us closer to 55, that is how I'm looking at it. I'm always nervous when we are playing but that is natural.

No mean messages mate, we are all in the same position here.

I sat down to watch Sundays match expecting another win and another round of gloating.
Instead we got a reminder that actually teams can take points off us.

So then it's a good few sleepless nights trying to figure out permutations.
Who have we got left to play? Who do they play? They're gonna win every game.
Oh god what if we chuck it all away.

A long way to go still and I reckon now we're going to enjoy a lot more matches before the final celebrations.
If you’re having sleepless nights in the position we’re in I suggest you take a step back and actually enjoy the season now.

No mean message from me. Im like a coiled spring watching the games and dont even relax at a two goal lead ( a la Aberdeen.) I think its natural for us all to be a bit cautious even with this sort of lead after a few false dawns, however this is different. We have a management team who are thoroughly professional and they will keep the players focussed on the prize. Remember only Davis and McGregor have been in title winning squads so its all new for the rest of the lads.

Celtic have won 8 games in 22 mate. One of them was by penalties against a Championship club. Thats 15 games in 22 where they haven't won in 90 minutes.

They are lucky the rest of the league is pish otherwise they'd be in a battle for Europe never mind 2nd Champions League spot with that form.

Back