Rebuilding job at the Piggery is huge

At best will take the 2 or 3 seasons,if we manage this correctly we could be out of sight for years to come
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. It's a massive opportunity but we have to play this very carefully.

If we get to the CL groups next season great but if not it's not the end of the world. Priority should then be keeping the league title and automatic qualification for the following CL.

They have got big problems -they've totally lost their momentum, their fans have watched the biggest disappointment in their lifetime and trying to get them to buy ST's when they are on a massive downer is a big ask.

Having said that -they are so far ahead of everyone else they only really need a manager to stabilise and do the basics and they will be back in the mix.

They do have resources and they do have assets to sell irrespective of the financial background. The kind of thinking being expressed on threads like this is exactly the type of over confidence that cost Celtic post-Rodgers.

They do have big issues but let's not get carried away.

Aside from most of the rubbish from their first eleven being off in the near future, they have some amount of deadwood to shift as well.

A few seasons ago, it felt like we had a decent starting 11 but not squad depth. Complete role reversal, their bench was absolutely full of shite today and ours was stacked.

I have to agree with today's pundits --- the Old Firm fixtures will not be the same without Broonie -- I mean, who will Ryan Kent send for their dinner in future?

Ryan sent the cun t to shake hands with Stevie G for no 1. I nearly missed Stevie D's finish laughing at the turd.

We had it with Gerrard, the sense it was a make or break appointment.
I did not see how we'd even compete a few years ago, let alone stop their 10*.
This is their moment - appoint poorly and they'll fall further behind. Eddie Howe, seems to be who they are pinning their hopes on, but I don't see him being given the time needed.
I really don't give a fuk about them tbh though.

We are in a good place - they have a massive rebuild. Takes time for players to gel and also you need to keep players with the experience of old firm games.

And on other news surely New York aren’t about to pay £3.5m for Klimala....must be quoting dembele dollars

They have got big problems -they've totally lost their momentum, their fans have watched the biggest disappointment in their lifetime and trying to get them to buy ST's when they are on a massive downer is a big ask.

Having said that -they are so far ahead of everyone else they only really need a manager to stabilise and do the basics and they will be back in the mix.

They do have resources and they do have assets to sell irrespective of the financial background. The kind of thinking being expressed on threads like this is exactly the type of over confidence that cost Celtic post-Rodgers.

They do have big issues but let's not get carried away.

I don't think how people think on here will represent how our board, coaching staff or Director of Football approach this summer. Gerrard isn't the type of guy to sit still and take things for granted. I expect us to continue in the methods that have seen our gradual progression and improvement.

The problem across the city in recent years is that their board were as guilty of the arrogance and complacency as their fans and that was evidenced even while Rodgers was in charge there. Even with that, it still has taken us a few years to get to where we are. Will they afford even a portion of that time to a manager for a rebuild?

It's right to say they're firmly ahead of the rest of the pack but they've also dropped points in around 1/3rd of their games against the rest of the league.

I think it's hard to talk of them stabilising what they have when changes will be wholesale. You're looking at possibly 7 of their starting 11 today leaving in the summer (4 are guaranteed already). That's before you mention the players sitting on the sidelines who can't get into that side who have to be moved on too.

I'm not going to comment on the depths of their resources but even on the back of normal circumstances, the above would be a huge rebuild. Then you factor in that they're still to recruit a management team. I'm not sure they're actually facing up to how big the task might be.

They have everything they need here..........oh the playing side :D

[
s-l500.jpg
Looks like they have bought Broonaldo a hamper as a leaving present.

focus on ourselves. Michael Beale's coaching philosophy is "you vs yourself" not "you vs whatever that mob come up with". If we improve, Celtic won't catch us regardless of their rebuild. Celtic's issue is that they've stood still, lauding it over Jason Holt and Russell Martin. We can't afford to make the same mistake.
Spot on mate. They genuinely believed they were great and getting pumped regularly in Europe was an aberration whereas it was the litmus test of where they really were. We can have a laugh as fans and we deserve it after the last 10 years but Stevie G and the current regime will never let us rest on our laurels. We are a mile off where he wants us to be I suspect.

SPL season 2019-20, Rangers win the league - with the most expensive squad ever assembled in Scotland - by 22 points.

Next season lose it by 15.

We need to keep the sole of our boot on their throat.
I’m taking it you meant 1999/00?

We’d do well to the remember the lessons of that season.

Similarly, few expected the turnaround in fortunes we’ve seen over the last twelve months.

We’re in a very good place, but there’s an even harder amount of work to be done to build on this success.

We need to focus on continuous improvement and high standards. We must not become complacent in that objective like Celtic have.

Celtic potentially only have 3 dodgy keeprs, Ajeti, Turnbull, Soro, Welsh and Taylor left come the end of the season.

4 loan players gone back, Brown already gone. The wee racist is 99% certain to leave and go to Aberdeen as well.

Ajer and Eduoard want out by the looks of things but it all comes down to, do any teams want them. Most likely they will leave. Christie again, has 12 months left on his contract but who is going to want him he's not as good as he thinks he is. McGregor is one of their better players but I am sure he signed a new deal not that long ago so it will take a big fee to move him which I think might come.

We should be looking at a minimum of 3 in a row here, if we do our job properly and recruit well.

No likely about it. Édouard, Ajer and Christie are off in the summer. They aren't signing new deals and Celtic need to sell or they lose them for free.

From looking at their squad they need:
A first choice GK
A first choice and back up RB
2 first choice CBs and a back up CB
A first choice LB
A first Choice CDM
2 back up CMs
A backup RW
A first choice and back up LW
A first choice and backup ST

Where is the money coming for all that and a full new backroom staff.

It's looking like they'll be lucky to get £20-25 million combined for Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

Their fans honestly don't seem to realise how big their rebuild is and how much it'll cost. You aren't replacing those 3 players for £2/3 million and bringing in the same quality off the bat. They'll need to spend big to replace those 3 but they won't have the money to build the full squad if they do that.

This is going to be close to Gerrard's rebuild for us that their new manager has to do. Their rebuild is going to be 2/3 years minimum.
The players already there that aren’t loanees will be the back up players.
New goalie /Bain or Barkas reserve
2 RB’s needed
1 LB/Taylor
2 CB/Welsh Bitton reserve
2 MF/Mcgregor,Turnbull,Soro
FW big problem area here./Abominable snowman and thumbheid likely to follow Edouard out the door.
I am assuming Greeting pus ajer, Christie, Rogic, will be departing along with broon and the strikers.
Hazard likely to be loaned out. I reckon they need the best part of ten new first team players. So either a lot of free transfers, loans or absolute dross coming in, unless they go with 2 or 3 and what they already have.

Regardless of what they do or don’t do, It’s up to us to build now from a position of strength however.
Which we will

Last edited:
It's an advantage for them that most of the crap they have is leaving or choose to be leaving.

They may already have signed some Bosman's.

We look dominant and hopefully too far ahead for next season but football can change fast. It's not the same as us when we were trying to boost revenue as well as the squad. They have a higher turnover than us just now.

Their bench was hilariously poor today compared to ours. Had no idea Ralston was still there :D.

It's a huge rebuild for them from top to bottom - if we keep our eye on the ball we really should be looking at 2 or 3 years of domination here.

It’s a decrepit breeze block dump with girders hanging off and it looks like a giant kwikfit garage.
Your right there it was a cheap build only took a season to build that tells you all you need to know , my god what a season , they have a shit squad a shit stadium, have legal issues hanging over them & have no money to rebuild until they sell & they will not get the money they think for players that they sell , but the filth fans can't see it , unbelievable how blinded they are with the hate of all thing's Rangers

If there is one thing they can teach us is not to take things for granted. We need to keep working and keep moving ahead, no let up.

As I said on the ST thread, we will probably go into the CL automatically if we win the league next year and that is a massive incentive for us all to stump up if we possibly can.

Ifs but and maybes of course but a couple of intelligent signings could put us in it 2 seasons in a row and come 2023 we could be in a better financial position than them, which is frankly unbelievable.
Looks like our group then will be
The Famous
West Ham
Linfield
BCM’s magaluf

I’m taking it you meant 1999/00?

We’d do well to the remember the lessons of that season.

Similarly, few expected the turnaround in fortunes we’ve seen over the last twelve months.

We’re in a very good place, but there’s an even harder amount of work to be done to build on this success.
MON came in, made a few key signings and got the best out of what was already there and turned it around for them. Quite unbelievable considering the squad we had! As you say we’d do well to remember this, but I have plenty trust in Gerrard and the management team that they will not stand still and will have been planning for next season for some time now.

If we can start next season with losing only one of our big money players and get a couple of central midfielders in there is now way they will compete with us.

I think we'll lose at least four of our top players during this close season, so I would not crow about their difficulties. I think, however, that we'll still be in a stronger position than them.
I’d like to think the club wouldn’t allow as many as 4 of our top players leave in one window... in fact I would go as far to say that I think that is highly unlikely. I accept that one or two will probably be sold this summer, but what makes you think “we’ll lose AT LEAST four of our top players”?

The players already there that aren’t loanees will be the back up players.
New goalie /Bain or Barkas reserve
2 RB’s needed
1 LB/Taylor
2 CB/Welsh Bitton reserve
2 MF/Mcgregor,Turnbull,Soro
FW big problem area here./Abominable snowman and thumbheid likely to follow Edouard out the door.
I am assuming Greeting pus ajer, Christie, Rogid, will be departing along with broon and the strikers.
Hazard likely to be loaned out. I reckon they need the best part of ten new first team players. So either a lot of free transfers, loans or absolute dross coming in, unless they go with 2 or 3 and what they already have.

Regardless of what they do or don’t do, It’s up to us to build now from a position of strength however.
Which we will
Forgot about yesterday's man Rogic.

He was good against the 2016 Rangers squad.

As well as a new team to build they have a culture to change. Arrogance, complacency and galactic delusions of grandeur still hover over the whole crumbling edifice.
Lawwell has led them up a dead end garden path, from which they show no sign of reversing. The unwashed have swallowed every one of his glib distractions, from a new hotel, to a big air-dome at Lennoxtown, to claiming credit for Commonwealth games improvements. Not a penny spent on any of them. He’s always been an utter chancer, look at his history.
The ultimate in hubris has to be the £4 million set of laser lights, to provide a 5 or 6 minute light show a few times a season and nothing else. Talk about fiddling while Rome burned. They still didn’t see us coming.
All this while their stadium remains unsafe, the main stand needs portable roof pillars to hold the roof down, large legal cases are pending, getting horsed out of Europe by cricket scores and the major shareholder who has continual and recurring problems with his laundry, showing signs of disinterest.
While we were at our lowest ebb ever, they had the chance to disable us for decades.
Instead they indulged themselves, and not just the fans, in smug displays of braggadocio, extending to Lawwell and Lennon sitting sniggering at us in a TV studio.
Well the classless bastards ain’t fucking sniggering now.
They‘ve all shown their true colours, the Captain, the Manager, the Head of Football Operations, the CEO, all jumping ship like the rats they are, with more to follow.

Great time to be a Bear.

Back