Rebuilding job at the Piggery is huge

Their key appointment will be manager / coaching team. But even if they recruited Pep it will take minimum of 3 windows to sort out the mess they are in.
It has taken SG a full 2 seasons to get us to where we are now and the comforting thought is he is not content and plans to take us further. With the Champions League turmoil we may be able to make deep inroads into the competition next year.
eh? Keep your feet on the ground mate.

They have a huge job on their hands which would be heart warming in itself. But watched a celtc blog on youtube and they are way past concerned, just gave an all over glow watching them squirm and sweat as they dissected the mess they are in.

Was lovely stuff.

Think we just need to focus on our own continuous improvement.
We needed almost a complete new team in 1998 when they stopped our 10iar. Didn’t turn out too badly for us in 1998/99, so we should take nothing for granted.

there is a massive difference from 98 and next season for the scum

If they had to do the same it would be like spending £150m nowadays!

they are a mess, there is no pot of gold for them to buy a new squad.

they might push the boat out and invest 20 million, but they need to buy about 15 players

there is a massive difference from 98 and next season for the scum

If they had to do the same it would be like spending £150m nowadays!

they are a mess, there is no pot of gold for them to buy a new squad.

they might push the boat out and invest 20 million, but they need to buy about 15 players
Nail meet head

New gaffer required. New coaching staff. New CEO incoming.

Laxalt, Duffy, Kenny, Elyounousi, Brown all away.

Likely followed by Edouard and Ajer. Maybe Christie and McGregor

New keeper needed as well.

Happy Days

EDIT - We obviously need to keep moving forward. I’m not saying otherwise. But we are in a good position.
Hope that Taylor c**t goes as well we shit remember he tried to brake Bartons legs while playing for Killie.

Not necessarily.
But not my opinion, just saying what their talk seems to centre around.
If you offer the guy the job and a few weeks later you still don’t have a signature then there is a reason.

Not enough pay?
Not enough transfer budget?
Crap contract?
Waiting for a better club?

Something is preventing his signature and the longer it goes on is encouraging because it looks more like a club based issue he is not getting satisfied.

That scenario applies to pretty much every football team on the planet mate.
Every team needs to replace a 2 or 3 players every couple of seasons.

Our management team never stand still now though and have improved our squad consistently since they took charge.
It does and that’s why I’m comfortable with the management team we have in position

New gaffer required. New coaching staff. New CEO incoming.

Laxalt, Duffy, Kenny, Elyounousi, Brown all away.

Likely followed by Edouard and Ajer. Maybe Christie and McGregor

New keeper needed as well.

Happy Days

EDIT - We obviously need to keep moving forward. I’m not saying otherwise. But we are in a good position.
When Gerrard walked through the door at Ibrox there were only 3 players in the squad good enough to retain in Tav, Jack and Morelos but all 3 wanted to be part of the future of the club and were ready to fight for trophies. It also took 5 transfer windows for Gerrard to get the competitive squad he wanted.

I don't know who their new manager will be but a problem he has straight away is it appears the best players, the one's worth keeping, don't want to be there and aren't ready to fight for trophies. Their new manager will also need to have some succes rate in the transfer market to get them anywhere near us, and that's on the basis that we don't kick on to a better level again.

If we remain fully focused, and I believe we will be, we should be at least a couple of years ahead of them.

When Gerrard walked through the door at Ibrox there were only 3 players in the squad good enough to retain in Tav, Jack and Morelos but all 3 wanted to be part of the future of the club and were ready to fight for trophies. It also took 5 transfer windows for Gerrard to get the competitive squad he wanted.

I don't know who their new manager will be but a problem he has straight away is it appears the best players, the one's worth keeping, don't want to be there and aren't ready to fight for trophies. Their new manager will also need to have some succes rate in the transfer market to get them anywhere near us, and that's on the basis that we don't kick on to a better level again.

If we remain fully focused, and I believe we will be, we should be at least a couple of years ahead of them.
With no hint of arrogance or underestimating the situation, realistically they need around an 80% success rate in the transfer market as an absolute minimum. And we need to shit the bed big time this summer. To bring us about level.

Or course it can happen. But the chances of this occurring look very slim when their revolution is on and off the field. There is barely a position at the football club (not just on the field) that won’t change this summer.

They could nail nearly every one in one window. But it is highly unlikely.

And Thats before you start to factor in things like the financial costs required to do it. Whilst money is no guarantee of success (see their self professed greatest ever transfer window last summer) it certainly does give you a hell of a lot of margin for error and a greater chance of success. Having a small budget cripples your chances of getting that almost universal success rate with transfers in the summer.

With no hint of arrogance or underestimating the situation, realistically they need around an 80% success rate in the transfer market as an absolute minimum. And we need to shit the bed big time this summer. To bring us about level.

Or course it can happen. But the chances of this occurring look very slim when their revolution is on and off the field. There is barely a position at the football club (not just on the field) that won’t change this summer.

They could nail nearly every one in one window. But it is highly unlikely.

And Thats before you start to factor in things like the financial costs required to do it. Whilst money is no guarantee of success (see their self professed greatest ever transfer window last summer) it certainly does give you a hell of a lot of margin for error and a greater chance of success. Having a small budget cripples your chances of getting that almost universal success rate with transfers in the summer.
Another huge factor in the mix for them is their mental fans. The majority of them genuinely believe we are not a good team whilst completely overrating their own players, so what happens if their new manager doesn't start to bridge the gap immediately?

Like you say they will need to have an almost perfect transfer record this season and we would need to regress, and I don't think their fans will give their new guy the kind of time Gerrard was given.

I know there’s hundreds of posts, however when I saw the headline, I looked at it, and thought it was the Ground. For those that knew folk that were building it, they had one phrase, “its being built on the Cheap” its a disaster waiting to happen.

Back