Rebuilding job at the Piggery is huge

We just need to keep continuously improving the squad each season, that’s what Celtic’s failed to do and we took full advantage of it.

No likely about it. Édouard, Ajer and Christie are off in the summer. They aren't signing new deals and Celtic need to sell or they lose them for free.

From looking at their squad they need:
A first choice GK
A first choice and back up RB
2 first choice CBs and a back up CB
A first choice LB
A first Choice CDM
2 back up CMs
A backup RW
A first choice and back up LW
A first choice and backup ST

Where is the money coming for all that and a full new backroom staff.

It's looking like they'll be lucky to get £20-25 million combined for Edouard, Ajer and Christie.

Their fans honestly don't seem to realise how big their rebuild is and how much it'll cost. You aren't replacing those 3 players for £2/3 million and bringing in the same quality off the bat. They'll need to spend big to replace those 3 but they won't have the money to build the full squad if they do that.

This is going to be close to Gerrard's rebuild for us that their new manager has to do. Their rebuild is going to be 2/3 years minimum.
The mhanky hordes delusion in part stems from the Record and Sun telling them individual players are worth 40 million with half of Europes elite trailing them after a couple of good games. Add to that the online obsession from certain quarters regarding everything RFC trying to influence their board and you have a recipe for disaster. Personally I love it, long may it continue. Instead of trying to counter the obsessive mhanks on Twitter I may now start to encourage them.

No it isn't. Everything over there is fine. Please don't change anything
Apparently they just need to be more clinical.
I think the manky fans have, but the club execs haven't.
Gordon Strachan doesnt appear to have realised it either.
On the surface of things I tend to agree with being a good bit ahead of them at present. For whatever reason in professional football - things change very very quickly. So just enjoy your night, our season and don’t get too arrogant.
Feeding on arrogance is what got them into their current situation, I cannot for one moment see Rangers falling into that trap with the excellence of Coaching and Leadership the club currently enjoys.
Which we will, in Stevie G we trust.
Ineed.

Might have 2 or 3 first teamers left. We're looking for 1 midfielder. Definitely in the driving seat.

I’d like to think the club wouldn’t allow as many as 4 of our top players leave in one window... in fact I would go as far to say that I think that is highly unlikely. I accept that one or two will probably be sold this summer, but what makes you think “we’ll lose AT LEAST four of our top players”?

For a srart, the vast bulk of us are expecting Alfie to go. No surprises with that one. Leeds are going to come in with a bid for Kent, but given how well he's been playing I think a few EPL clubs will try to sign him. Kamara is also arousing significant interest as is Helander. I also think that we may receive enquiries about Aribo. The size of the fees will be significant in each case imo and will test the resolve of the club to refuse them.

Whilst they do have a big rebuilding job this season we've seen how quickly football can turn ourselves.

Plus, we might have a small rebuild on our hands as well...

Personally I think we'll end up selling one or two of Morelos, Kamara, Barisic and possibly Hagi or Helander as well. We all know we need to start balancing the books a bit more.

Then you add in that Defoe will probably leave, Davis is 36 so won't play every week, Jack and Roofe can't stay fit to be fully relied upon, Arfield is a year older.

We'll need some replacements in just to maintain our levels from this season IMO.

There is an obvious reason Lawell is walking away from £3m a year. He does not want to be holding the baby when it all goes tits up. He knows where every skeleton is buried and knows they are about to surface.

Season ticket sales will be nowhere near the levels as when they ‘won’ the league.
Turnover from footballing activity through the floor.
Sponsorship income dropping.
Champions League money non existent.
Merchandise sales tumbling.

Factor In the fire sale of their want away assets and a perfect financial storm just when they need to build an entire team.

My mate who is a big fan of them and has lots of insider knowledge (he works in media , some of which is sports, and knows a board member pretty well) said that no loan players are being kept on and roughly a third to half the players are being sold.

They quite simply thought we were so far behind that they didn't need to put themselves out. Last season they were awarded a title that I'm still not convinced they'd have won easily (as I recall, game in hand, two OF games left, 13 points difference, but could have been 4, I might be wrong here?). In reality we had reeled them in and had stumbled after Xmas. But we were definitely in a better place. We just must not make the mistake they made, negligence and over confidence.

It really is remarkable the position the management have maneuvered us into. We are in strong position right now and really need to make it count. If the Gaffer can manage to tie down the players who he sees as key to our future then its just a case of bringing in maybe 2 or 3 players to raise the qaulity a little.

They are under serious pressure as they know they need to do a complete overhaul of both management and playing staff. With the amount of players they will need to sign and also of a certain qaulity they will need to push the boat out. And make no mistake there is no room for errors of they through 10s of millions at their sqaud. Because let's be honest if their next manager makes a rip roaring arse of it where do they then turn after that.

It's a big, big job they've got on their hands. Loads of players wanting to leave and the others simply not good enough to mount any challenge to us.

You've seen how quickly our team has improved and that will likely keep happening we'll just get better. something the tims just didn't manage to do whilst we were down for a bit.

We could end up dominating for a while now.

For a srart, the vast bulk of us are expecting Alfie to go. No surprises with that one. Leeds are going to come in with a bid for Kent, but given how well he's been playing I think a few EPL clubs will try to sign him. Kamara is also arousing significant interest as is Helander. I also think that we may receive enquiries about Aribo. The size of the fees will be significant in each case imo and will test the resolve of the club to refuse them.
I’m not doubting our top players will attract interest and bids. Hagi is another that you have not mentioned. However, receiving multiple bids and accepting multiple bids are 2 very different things. Just because we receive a bid for a player does not mean we have to accept it.

Yes we all agree that we need to start implementing our buy low sell high model, but there is a balance to be struck between player trading and remaining a strong successful team. To lose “at least four of our top players” risks the overall success of the team in new season. For us to realise the maximum values for our players we need to be a successful team winning domestically and crucially competing in European competition. For this reason, I highly doubt the club would allow “at least four of our top players” to leave, I simply don’t think that is in the model. I can’t imagine Gerrard would accept that sort of turnover of players either.

I think the most obvious point is missed here
The players are important of course but much more important is the management team
We hang on to ours and they will have a helluva job finding one to match it
I don't think it is Eddie Howe and whatever ex Bournemouth back up he brings in
They seem nowhere close to getting that installed and until it is there is not much point in bringing in players
They are arguably already too late getting the pieces in place for next season

We can't be complacent, it's the main reason they are where they are. This season shows how much things can swing just like that.
Totally correct. We've done so well to get to where we are, built this team over a few years - got ourselves into a great position and opportunity re the champions league spots but we need to keep going and not take anything for granted

They quite simply thought we were so far behind that they didn't need to put themselves out. Last season they were awarded a title that I'm still not convinced they'd have won easily (as I recall, game in hand, two OF games left, 13 points difference, but could have been 4, I might be wrong here?). In reality we had reeled them in and had stumbled after Xmas. But we were definitely in a better place. We just must not make the mistake they made, negligence and over confidence.
In hindsight, that title award looks even worse now.

The tiniest bit of pressure and their whole club has crumbled, from CEO to the Happy Birthday guy on Twitter, they've gone to complete shit.

Let's be honest they were never that good in the first place
Even at the height of wee brendas "success" they were getting spanked all over Europe.
We were fuxxed over big time off the park in what I believe was a pre meditated hit, resulting in zero competition and a free run for 9 years.
The mentally challengeds don't do loyalty and they won't be able to give their season tickets away next season. A cold dark existence of empty stadiums, third rate players and criminal liability awaits.
I hope it ends them for eternity.

They’re in a better place right now than we were 3 years ago, BUT they have some BIG problems coming their way:

Most of their better players will be gone in the summer (bearing in mind they were only good enough to be runners-up this year). Either as a result of their loans finishing (Elyanoussi) or being transferred (Edouard, Christie, Ntcham, Ajer). These are all players nearing the end of their contracts, so the amounts received will be less than the filth would have hoped. Alternatively some may hang on and leave on a Bosnian next year, which would be the filth’s ultimate nightmare. They have a load of dross who they must be hoping they can punt to reduce their horrendous wage bill (Thumb, Rogic). This leaves them with the likes of Ajeti, Barkas, McGregor and perma-injured Julie as the foundation of their team for next season.

Their new manager will therefore have very little to build on and will need practically a new 1st team squad. Even if they manage to scrape together a decent war chest of around £50m, it’s one thing having the money and a completely different thing being able to get the players you want for the right price all in one window.

Realistically, they’ll be looking at a 2-3 year rebuild, just as we were when SG arrived. Most of our signings have been successful, if their new manager just gets a couple wrong then, providing we are still doing the business, they’ll hopefully be in a similar position to now in 2 years time, albeit with much less money thanks to poor transfers in the interim and ST sales collapsing from their fair weather fans staying away.

Their arrogance and complacency has bitten them on the arse big time and its been marvellous watching it unfold while our magnificent team has reclaimed our rightful place.

And the icing on the cake - they still haven't figured it out yet
I think Desmond & co have figured it out - that's why there's the constant propaganda by the likes of Strachan that they aren't that far behind. If they admit publicly to being miles behind, how can they attract genuine talent or sell their season tickets

Boy at work is confident that with a new manager who'll get a tune out of Griffiths and building the rest of the team round Turnball they will be back next year B-)

Long may this level of delusion continue :shh:

But, but, but.............

B-D

For me that only serves to highlight tat the gap is never as big as anyone believes. It took us a few years but we were in a much bigger mess than them. Ultimately though if we add some more game changers and have a similar season next year to this year what they do will largely be irrelevant.

I think Desmond & co have figured it out - that's why there's the constant propaganda by the likes of Strachan that they aren't that far behind. If they admit publicly to being miles behind, how can they attract genuine talent or sell their season tickets
I was referring more to the unwashed hoards mate.
Desmond and Co smelt the coffee a while back which as you rightly say, is why this narrative is being pushed that they're still the better side, have dominated us in recent games etc

I was referring more to the unwashed hoards mate.
Desmond and Co smelt the coffee a while back which as you rightly say, is why this narrative is being pushed that they're still the better side, have dominated us in recent games etc
100% - wasn't correcting you. The denial of the moon howling masses is lovely

We had it with Gerrard, the sense it was a make or break appointment.
I did not see how we'd even compete a few years ago, let alone stop their 10*.
This is their moment - appoint poorly and they'll fall further behind. Eddie Howe, seems to be who they are pinning their hopes on, but I don't see him being given the time needed.
I really don't give a fuk about them tbh though.
Do you not think if Howe was interested he would be there by now ?

It would not be unreasonable to expect 9 of their starting eleven from Sunday to be elsewhere next Season.

All bar Turnbull (and let's be honest, should an offer come they may cash in) & Welsh could well be gone.

New Keeper to replace Bain

Kenny loan
Welsh unlikely to be a regular starter
Ajer wants out
Laxalt loan

Christie turned down a contract extension
Mongo gone
McGregor, rumours continue he wants out
Turnbull

Eduoard wants out and played like he wants out
Elyounoussi loan

Then you look at players like Ajeti, Griffiths, Bitton, Ralston etc etc. Kept as squad fillers at best?

Boy at work is confident that with a new manager who'll get a tune out of Griffiths and building the rest of the team round Turnball they will be back next year B-)

Long may this level of delusion continue :shh:
He might get a tune out of Griffiths... and that tune will be Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Not selling French diddy last summer was a monumental blunder from them. They'll be lucky to break even now on any potential transfer fee or perhaps maybe even make a loss by the time PSG take a cut.

Other than that they will probably lose around 10-12 players this summer and have to make the around the same number of signings to replace them. All this while the first competitive game for them is only two months away now and they still have no idea who the manager or DOF will be.

If we get in 2 or 3 quality players to add to the first team squad this summer I can see us leaving them the dust for several years to come.

Also wouldn't rule out another Artmedia type hammering for them early in Europe either given the massive changes they have to make right in the middle of European qualifying. Every second they wait to appoint a manager more damage is done.

Of course we have to keep kicking on and improving, however, I trust that we will.

Our recruitment for the most part has been excellent, their’s on the other hand has been diabolical, even their big money buys like Ajeti & Barkas.

We’re in a position of strength. Gerrard won’t allow us to slacken off.

It’s much easier adding 2 or 3 quality players than trying to rebuild a full squad and expecting them all to hit the ground running.

Last edited:
Of course we have to keep kicking on and improving, however, I trust that we will.

Our recruitment for the most part has been excellent, there’s on the other hand has been diabolical, even their big money buys like Ajeti & Barkas.

We’re in a position of strength. Gerrard won’t allow us to slacken off.

It’s much easier adding 2 or 3 quality players than trying to rebuild a full squad and expecting them all to hit the ground running.
Gerrard and his team have had what 4 or 5 signings in his tenure that hasn’t worked out which happens in football. Tims have had that in this one season alone

I take it this applies to their stadium too..? :)

I opened the thread expecting even more misery for these cvnts factually exposed...but their hovel is in a dire mess right enough.

Their rebuild won’t be a problem for them. They’ve got gazillions in the bank and another half billion coming from player sales.

They’re in a better place right now than we were 3 years ago, BUT they have some BIG problems coming their way:

Most of their better players will be gone in the summer (bearing in mind they were only good enough to be runners-up this year). Either as a result of their loans finishing (Elyanoussi) or being transferred (Edouard, Christie, Ntcham, Ajer). These are all players nearing the end of their contracts, so the amounts received will be less than the filth would have hoped. Alternatively some may hang on and leave on a Bosnian next year, which would be the filth’s ultimate nightmare. They have a load of dross who they must be hoping they can punt to reduce their horrendous wage bill (Thumb, Rogic). This leaves them with the likes of Ajeti, Barkas, McGregor and perma-injured Julie as the foundation of their team for next season.

Their new manager will therefore have very little to build on and will need practically a new 1st team squad. Even if they manage to scrape together a decent war chest of around £50m, it’s one thing having the money and a completely different thing being able to get the players you want for the right price all in one window.

Realistically, they’ll be looking at a 2-3 year rebuild, just as we were when SG arrived. Most of our signings have been successful, if their new manager just gets a couple wrong then, providing we are still doing the business, they’ll hopefully be in a similar position to now in 2 years time, albeit with much less money thanks to poor transfers in the interim and ST sales collapsing from their fair weather fans staying away.
One big hurdle they also face is the Euro’s being played in the summer- players don’t normally enter transfer negotiations during this time - they would have to get in early or leave it late to sign players

I see in Pacific Quay Emerald Football Gossip saying they have appointed head hunters to find a new coach. I wonder if it is another job for Nolan's.

It would not be unreasonable to expect 9 of their starting eleven from Sunday to be elsewhere next Season.

All bar Turnbull (and let's be honest, should an offer come they may cash in) & Welsh could well be gone.

New Keeper to replace Bain

Kenny loan
Welsh unlikely to be a regular starter
Ajer wants out
Laxalt loan

Christie turned down a contract extension
Mongo gone
McGregor, rumours continue he wants out
Turnbull

Eduoard wants out and played like he wants out
Elyounoussi loan

Then you look at players like Ajeti, Griffiths, Bitton, Ralston etc etc. Kept as squad fillers at best?
aren't ajer, christie and edouard out of contract next year? If so, i really hope they stay, contribute little to avoid injury then leave for nothing.

I've been around long enough not to get complacent, but if their board have any sense they may have written off next season already, such is the size of their rebuild

I always remember 99/00 though when Advocaat lost a massive advantage, but remember O'Neill took on a Celtic that had Larsson. Who have they got now?

Its funny as they need a manager and a full starting 11 almost, but the arrogance from their fans is still there.
I read yesterday one guy saying all they need is a decent manager and some signings and they willl dominate us again.

So he thinks they will dominate a settled team who have just romped the league without knowing who the manager and these players ever are yet.

One big hurdle they also face is the Euro’s being played in the summer- players don’t normally enter transfer negotiations during this time - they would have to get in early or leave it late to sign players
You’re assuming they’re aiming that high!

It’s a good point though, which is why the longer they go without appointing a manager, the less time they’ll have to do anything in the next window. They’ll be likely to have to sign a few on loan to fill in the gaps. Plus settling in time needed for management team and players, etc. With a bit of luck, next season should already be a write-off for them.

I think we'll lose at least four of our top players during this close season, so I would not crow about their difficulties. I think, however, that we'll still be in a stronger position than them.
That’s a completely random no. you have pulled out of your butthole.

strange post.

And even if we lost 4, that’s 4 we have to replace. Depending on who they are. Not 16 or whatever it is they need.

I think we'll lose at least four of our top players during this close season, so I would not crow about their difficulties. I think, however, that we'll still be in a stronger position than them.
We wont lose 4 of our top players. Absolutely no chance. Which 4 do you think??

I think I read somewhere that the TIC supporters said the same thing, out of sight for years to come?
48484731.jpg

Back