Recent results prove how wrong the award of the title was last season

dorian blue

Per the title, as the collapse in recent weeks of the team from Sharkheid shows, anything can happen in football. It simply PROVES how fundamentally wrong the decision was to award the title without the season being completed.

Shows the SPFL up for what they are, panic merchants, biased, inept and controlled.

55 will be so sweet.

And as for this 'historic season' bullshit, how can it be called an historic season when nothing has been won yet. Utter, utter biased media bullshit.

Last edited:
I feel like the tide - at least on here - was starting to turn against the manager. Would he still have been here had the season not been curtailed? Having to rely on guys like Flanagan, Polster, Halliday and (sorry) Katic to come in all almost at the same time f**ked us while Alfie's form tanked and Defoe was also injured.

Not justifying the decision that was made before anyone starts on me.

The decision was and remains still, farcical. The season was by no means destined to end in them winning the title.

We need to win this title and end this nonsense about ten.

That’s before you get to them and their placemen engineering our demise previously and the tainted titles they enjoyed.

I feel like the tide - at least on here - was starting to turn against the manager. Would he still have been here had the season not been curtailed? Having to rely on guys like Flanagan, Polster, Halliday and (sorry) Katic to come in all almost at the same time f**ked us while Alfie's form tanked and Defoe was also injured.

Pre lockdown, we went from similar to the team we are now, into complete free fall, so its no wonder Bears like myself aren't shouting our mouths off about winning anything.

Quite a few teams came back after the covid pause and threw away big leads.

Form this season coupled with the fact we had the ability to bring the gap to 4 regardless of what they did makes me think we would have won it after the restart.

The media hyped it up thinking it would put immense pressure on Steven Gerrard and Rangers. It has had an opposite effect and I love it. Fùcking love it.

The media also hyped this 10 nonsense to sell their ever decreasing sales of shitty tabloids, mate. The League went unfinished last season, that is the physical reality of what happened. Nothing can ever change that.

Only the Peasants and their media talk of the fantasy of a 10 in a row. Leagues are won on the pitch, not given by crooks in offices.

They only want the 10 (which now can’t be done as they don’t have 9) because we failed to get 10 its as always all about us. 10 isn’t even historic anyway there are many teams that have beaten it 14 in a row, 13 in a row can’t name the teams but its been done. Juve are going for 10 I believe this season and do you think the Italian media are banging on about 10? Are they %^*&!

They only want the 10 (which now can’t be done as they don’t have 9) because we failed to get 10 its as always all about us. 10 isn’t even historic anyway there are many teams that have beaten it 14 in a row, 13 in a row can’t name the teams but its been done. Juve are going for 10 I believe this season and do you think the Italian media are banging on about 10? Are they %^*&!
FC Sherrif Tiraspol, of the Moldovan league, are currently sitting at 18 in a row.

It's just laughable that the SPFL title was basically declared on Good Friday ffs.

Folk here in England were shaking their heads at the time, especially when the EPL & Championship, were then played to a conclusion near 4 months later?

Top that with the fact that the 'money' that Doncaster told everybody was essential for Clubs to survive, has still to be forwarded to those Clubs?

A shamble that the Scottish media allowed to be played out without a dissenting voice.

It's just laughable that the SPFL title was basically declared on Good Friday ffs.

Folk here in England were shaking their heads at the time, especially when the EPL & Championship, were then played to a conclusion near 4 months later?

Top that with the fact that the 'money' that Doncaster told everybody was essential for Clubs to survive, has still to be forwarded to those Clubs?

A shamble that the Scottish media allowed to be played out without a dissenting voice.

Season 100% could have been finished they just didn’t want to do it. Absolute joke!

Good Friday?
Hereinafter know as “give the scum what they want day”?

Agree their last ‘title’ is worthless but I think the decision has helped us in the long run. Better all our efforts going into a victory this year than getting knackered chasing a 13 point gap down to, say, 5. Also meant they went into this season overconfident whereas the fag end of 19/20 would have revealed their imminent decline.

in other words, a corrupt decision that has blown up in their faces (so far - no chickens being counted here!)

Always felt that lot would crumble under pressure, as this season has so far proved. If we'd played and won the game against them on the Sunday and then our game in hand, they'd have been feeling the strain by the time we played them again. If we'd won that, I think momentum could have won us the league. Given the run of form both sides were on, it may not have been the most likely conclusion, but an OF win may just have been the spark to turn things around. It certainly wasn't such a sure thing that the title being awarded at that time was justified.

‘The 10’ only exists in the warped minds of those bams. No Rangers man would ever acknowledge it or indeed give a f**k. Doncaster and the Dundee vote saw an end to what was already tainted, they never even won 9 and they know it. Scum.

Still think the damage was done for us

July 1st Rangers v St Johnstone & Scottish Cup Semi-finals
July 4th Rangers v Celtic
July 8th St Mirren v Rangers
July 11th Rangers v Motherwell
July 15th round 34
July 18th round 35
July 22nd round 36
July 25th round 37
July 29th round 38
Aug 1st Scottish Cup Final

It was possible to compete the season both League and Scottish Cup but would have tight with that schedule with only a couple of weeks training behind teams

UEFA set a 3rd August deadline for National Association to put forward teams to 2020/21 European Club Competition

Last edited:
I agree with the collapse stuff but let's not forget about how poor we were for much of last season. The result against Hamilton was awful and, though it's odd to think it now, fans were at breaking point with Gerrard and the reaction on here was mutinous.

There was no way we were winning the league but I think the circumstances under which it was awarded have definitely spurred us on this year.

No matter how much I'd have loved the season to carry on I can't see any reason to make me think we would have closed the gap. Players out of form and the fans on everyone's backs.

If we could have kept it closer after the break we were the better team and would have made a fight of it.
Too many well off form, Morelos being the main culprit. Not much use this season so far either goalwise.

funny how the Rats keep saying how lucky we are because of Covid, they forget that their last title was awarded because of Covid. fuds.

To us bears 10 in a row means absolutely zilch , for us it's all about 55 nothing else not
I work with folk who don’t care about the old firm, even down here in England they were laughing at them given a title, basically saying it means nothing

Agree their last ‘title’ is worthless but I think the decision has helped us in the long run. Better all our efforts going into a victory this year than getting knackered chasing a 13 point gap down to, say, 5. Also meant they went into this season overconfident whereas the fag end of 19/20 would have revealed their imminent decline.

in other words, a corrupt decision that has blown up in their faces (so far - no chickens being counted here!)
Bang on DJ. They have been utterly complacent. However, nothing in our trophy cabinet yet so I for one am keeping quiet until we do so. But the feeling is different this year.

2 more dropped points, the vote to end last season earlier looks more and more suspect as each week goes by.

Exactly true. You never know in football. Also the reason I'm keeping my powder dry until Steven Gerrard's kids are wearing our kit, parading around the park with the SPFL trophy in their hands whilst he leads the bears in a chorus of 'we are the champions'.

Per the title, as the collapse in recent weeks of the team from Sharkheid shows, anything can happen in football. It simply PROVES how fundamentally wrong the decision was to award the title without the season being completed.

Shows the SPFL up for what they are, panic merchants, biased, inept and controlled.

55 will be so sweet.
Put it this way, Celtic have played 2 of the 3 games they had left before the split so far this season. They dropped 4 points in them, the other was us at Ibrox.

Back