Record and Sunday Mail circulations down again

simps.gif

Companies can reach a much wider audience by using other methods. Dwindling readership means it’s not worth the money for any newspaper advertising.
This loss of revenue will kill off print media far quicker than reducing sales from the public

Is it not just a reflection of there being 24-hour news channels and the internet relegating printed news - which is already out of date by the time you read it - to nothing more than habit buying?
Might very well be, but their continued misinformation, lies and spin of all things Rangers will be the final nail in their coffin and I for one won't be sorry.

Who is bankrolling the National comic ??? Questions must be asked if any public money is going into it . Why don't the UK government do an audit of the accounts to see where every penny goes ,that is given to Holyrood. They should bring back the North British Daily Mail
The maintenance of high editorial standards is at the core of the Daily Record's business philosophy.
Reach PLC, the Daily Record's parent company, is a member of and is regulated by IPSO, the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
Our journalists work according to The Editors’ Code of Practice, which sets the benchmark for ethical standards in journalism and is enforced by IPSO. On joining the Daily Record, all editorial staff complete a training course in the Code and legal refresher training.
At the Daily Record, we recognise that protecting the rights of the individual consistently comes into conflict with the public’s right to know. This means we have to make difficult judgements, sometimes quickly, which are impossible to get right all of the time. Regular bulletins and seminars give staff the best opportunity to learn from mistakes, whether our own or those of other parts of the media industry.
We are a launch partner of The Trust Project, an international initiative to make it easier for readers to find out more about the organisations and the people providing them with news, and to support quality journalism.
LOL

There has to be a tipping point where one or both publications are just not economic to produce. Let’s hope it’s close. mentally challenged loving pamphlets.

With a few friends in the trade they believe once they drop to 75k a day they will pull the plug . Only online will remain and in a scaled down form.

It’s a shame for genuine people who work there however it has to be said those at the top chose to alienate the vast majority of their customers and hoped by appealing to a certain section of society it would somehow save them . All that did was accelerate the decline . Three years maxiumum they have left .

Hell mend them .

Yep. I’m sorry for the honest event workers it’s the crooks that chose the editorial content and chose the rhetoric that’s the issue. Scum bastards.

Much as I never buy a newspaper I wouldn’t want any of them to go bust just yet!

When we win 55 I want to see it splashed over the front pages of everyone of them, after that I couldn’t give two fucks
Agree with this when we do win 55 we all buy the record for one day only, then they will see what they done to their self by siding with the bheast

Advanced technology and newspapers with meagre actual news but mostly celebrity gossip has killed them. That newspapers before sold in millions, even in the era of television, but are now struggling to attain even 100,000 copies every month is staggering.

I worked in the Newspaper Industry for 27 years (Circulation/Distribution), the printed version is now a dying Industry. I am sorry to say it has nothing to do with alienating their largest customer base, it is all to do with 24 hour news now at a touch of a button. As well as the younger generation not buying the printed versions, they prefer to use mobile phones, etc to get the news.

I found out this week that the paper that I used to work for, it's overall ABC Circulation figure is now 38,909, this is down 9% Y.O.Y and the local edition of that paper that I looked after is now down to just over 5,400 copies; when I left it was sitting at just over 10,000 and that was Oct 2014.

The print media is dead but I guarantee every single one of us has seen or clicked some Dhaily Rhebel Ad on-line or through FB etc.

This is why the DR is turning into a version of the Daily Sport and rely on click bait headlines like the Sport used to do. Purely to get the ad click revenue.

However even in that way they are going to struggle eventually, scrapers like News Now etc pull content and add another layer before you get to the click bait, so you may not actually get to the site.

They DR and Sunday Liam have been way too slow to innovate, I reckon it is touch and go with them next 5-10 years.

Dive! Dive! Dive!

ABCs for June

Record 111,542. Year on year DOWN 11%

Sunday Mail 113,712, Down 14%

Pip-Pip!

Probably like many of my vintage, growing up the Sunday Mail along with the Sunday Post were the two papers my parents got delivered on a Sunday, they were almost essential reading in most Scottish houeholds.

Can't recall the last time I bought a paper, could be 15 years ago. Find it strange that we still have newspapers in print, thought it would be online only by now, although I suppose those even older than myself and are not comfortable with smartphones/tablets still want to buy "over the counter".

Probably like many of my vintage, growing up the Sunday Mail along with the Sunday Post were the two papers my parents got delivered on a Sunday, they were almost essential reading in most Scottish houeholds.
I miss those days. My older brothers and sisters with their husbands/wives used to come back to mum’s on a Sunday for rolls and the quizzes and an argument over the football stories :)

Simpler brilliant times, thanks for reminding me

Much as I never buy a newspaper I wouldn’t want any of them to go bust just yet!

When we win 55 I want to see it splashed over the front pages of everyone of them, after that I couldn’t give two fucks

I doubt if that will happen, LL.

It'll probably be the clue for 14 Down in the crossword - 'Champions 2019/20 (7 letters)'.

Who is bankrolling the National comic ??? Questions must be asked if any public money is going into it . Why don't the UK government do an audit of the accounts to see where every penny goes ,that is given to Holyrood. They should bring back the North British Daily Mail
The maintenance of high editorial standards is at the core of the Daily Record's business philosophy.
Reach PLC, the Daily Record's parent company, is a member of and is regulated by IPSO, the Independent Press Standards Organisation.
Our journalists work according to The Editors’ Code of Practice, which sets the benchmark for ethical standards in journalism and is enforced by IPSO. On joining the Daily Record, all editorial staff complete a training course in the Code and legal refresher training.
At the Daily Record, we recognise that protecting the rights of the individual consistently comes into conflict with the public’s right to know. This means we have to make difficult judgements, sometimes quickly, which are impossible to get right all of the time. Regular bulletins and seminars give staff the best opportunity to learn from mistakes, whether our own or those of other parts of the media industry.
We are a launch partner of The Trust Project, an international initiative to make it easier for readers to find out more about the organisations and the people providing them with news, and to support quality journalism.
LOL
Good stuff mate. I think it would be an idea to find out who's backing that national rag because it is unashamedly full of seccesiniost nonsence,totally made up garbage trying unsuccesfully,I may add to make out people who believe in the union to be something like the brown shirts. Remember one of their journalists was on scottish politics and I'm thinking,why is she on,you wouldn't ask a daily star journo onto question time.
Was alex salmond not due to get an editors role with one media group,but fell through,pretty sure it was to do with his upcoming arrest,although they didn't admit that

Advanced technology and newspapers with meagre actual news but mostly celebrity gossip has killed them. That newspapers before sold in millions, even in the era of television, but are now struggling to attain even 100,000 copies every month is staggering.

It's 100,000 sales per day.

Back