Red zone Ibrox

Carson’s chosen few

I’ve emailed ticket office and SLO , I’m one of those relocated from SE1. I’ve been given ROW A in sandy jardine corner . Basically restricted view . How long is this red zone going to be in place ? Saw that hearts , hibs and sheep reckon we’re in breach of rules with no away fans and want it resolved this week .
Never do agree with them but it’s an absolute joke

I’ve emailed ticket office and SLO , I’m one of those relocated from SE1. I’ve been given ROW A in sandy jardine corner . Basically restricted view . How long is this red zone going to be in place ? Saw that hearts , hibs and sheep reckon we’re in breach of rules with no away fans and want it resolved this week .

What do you want the club to do here? I appreciate you are frustrated but they have to have that space for subs/playing staff.

I totally get it’s easy for me to say as I don’t sit where you do but I don’t get what else the club can do. You are still getting a seat to all games aren’t you? It’s already better than last season for you personally.

What do you want the club to do, here? I appreciate you are frustrated but they have to have that space for subs/playing staff.

I totally get it’s easy for me to say as I don’t sit where you do but I don’t get what else the club can do. You are still getting a seat to all games aren’t you?
I want the club to relocate us ( if they are obliged to ) to an area where we can see the bloody game . We were led to believe that 800 beggars were getting into Ibrox before Celtic said they wouldn’t guarantee us tickets in December . If that is the case , where were they putting us who are in govan corner

Just as when clubs were wanting fans back in the ground, the silence from the sfa/spfl says it all. No effort to back the clubs as they should be

I want the club to relocate us ( if they are obliged to ) to an area where we can see the bloody game . We were led to believe that 800 beggars were getting into Ibrox before Celtic said they wouldn’t guarantee us tickets in December . If that is the case , where were they putting us who are in govan corner

Have you sat in Row A of the corner before? It might not be that bad. Worst case scenario you’ll get an empty seat further up 10 mins into the game.

Noticed that St Johnstone players came out the tunnel at Easter road instead of the away stand.

We used different facilities and entrances yesterday at Dens Park and earlier in season at Dingwall. Strange some teams still doing it. It’s likely because the SPFL’s rules and understanding of what Scottish Government are asking are so erratic teams are scared of making mistakes.

You be placed all the over the stadium

Have you sat in Row A of the corner before? It might not be that bad. Worst case scenario you’ll get an empty seat further up 10 mins into the game.
Exactly, not ideal but you’ll find another seat further back easily. Better still, you’d likely be able to walk into BF4/5 and get a seat in either of those sections as well

I sometimes move from my ST seat because I don’t fancy looking at the back of a 2 stick flag the whole game

Do we know how many seats we lose to the redzone? I'd be surprised if we don't have more than that scattered about the stadium for use - both ends of the Club Deck, usually have lots of empty seats, as an example.

I know the club's hands are tied but if we have the seats, it doesn't sit well with me that we aren't allowing away fans in. With them across the city there is no ambiguity - they are at it and the thousands of empty seats every week make that easy to see.

What do you want the club to do here? I appreciate you are frustrated but they have to have that space for subs/playing staff.

I totally get it’s easy for me to say as I don’t sit where you do but I don’t get what else the club can do. You are still getting a seat to all games aren’t you? It’s already better than last season for you personally.
Oppose the red zone. Its an absolute nonsense. Footballers aren't a protected species. Subs have to social distant after a negative test but then can go into a 50/50 snarling with body fluids flying everywhere. What entitles players to have better covid securities than the fans?

Obviously the club will need to adhere to the rules in the meantime . But that doesn't stop them opposing such illogical rules and restrictions.

No doubt the OP and those in the same boat would appreciate the sentiment. A ticket price reduction would help if not already in place.

It shows some appreciation of the fans position. A club may have to accept the current rules and adhere to them, but can still oppose and not welcome if they're having an adverse impact on their fans and operation.

You can sit next to a stranger on a public bus but players who get tested daily cant sit next to each other in a dugout its mental

Like I said above, the guidelines from Scot Gov which being sent to SPFL and then onto clubs are very blurred and open to interpretation. Clubs are anxious to follow what others are doing for fear of being hammered for getting it wrong because the wording of them are confusing.

Let’s say we ended up innocently breaking a rule/guideline because of how open to interpretation they are. The SPFL would be buzzing to get one over us.

It’s not just Rangers who are playing it safe. It’s all to do with numbers attending as well.

Oppose the red zone. Its an absolute nonsense. Footballers aren't a protected species. Subs have to social distant after a negative test but I can then go into a 50/50 snarling with body fluids flying everywhere. What entitles players to have better covid securities than the fans?

Obviously the club will need to adhere to the rules in the meantime . But that doesn't stop them opposing such illogical rules and restrictions.

No doubt the OP and those in the same boat would appreciate the sentiment. A ticket price reduction would help if not already in place.

It shows some appreciation of the fans position. A club may have to accept the current rules and adhere to them, but can still oppose and not welcome if they're having an adverse impact on their fans and operation.

See post above

Initially some of the Red Zone were relocated to the Main Stand. They complained about having a Restricted View. Others didn’t fancy the stairs to the Club Deck. So the switch to the corner happened. Club are in a no-win situation here.

Well that’s what they should’ve done
The club have moved an affect block to another available block - it is outwith their control

After ST sales tickets of 46k have to come from somewhere

Club use
RSC allocations
Hospitality -unlikely but seats make up capacity of the ground
Sale to My Gers member/public
Add away fans & segregation

That somewhere is the aways fans section currently and that allows us to sell to our own fans

Do we know how many seats we lose to the redzone? I'd be surprised if we don't have more than that scattered about the stadium for use - both ends of the Club Deck, usually have lots of empty seats, as an example.

I know the club's hands are tied but if we have the seats, it doesn't sit well with me that we aren't allowing away fans in. With them across the city there is no ambiguity - they are at it and the thousands of empty seats every week make that easy to see.
There are approximately 5,000 non season tickets.
We make more money with th red zone.
they move into the away section, no need for segregation, all other seats sold.

I totally get it’s easy for me to say as I don’t sit where you do but I don’t get what else the club can do. You are still getting a seat to all games aren’t
The club have moved an affect block to another available block - it is outwith their control

After ST sales tickets of 46k have to come from somewhere

Club use
RSC allocations
Hospitality -unlikely but seats make up capacity of the ground
Sale to My Gers member/public
Add away fans & segregation

That somewhere is the aways fans section currently and that allows us to sell to our own fans
They shoukd be given us seats they are selling for public sale / Mygers . Also this will soon have a detriment effect on us as a support . Sheep , hearts ,and hibs won’t be given us tickets if they don’t get to Ibrox . I would like the SLO to get involved in this . Surely that’s his job

Agree with the points but that still doesn't say why the club can't oppose it, whilst still adhering to it.

Happens all the time in all industries that have had covid restriction imposed. Rangers should have an interest to oppose it.

The clubs loyalty should be with the fans in the 2 sections of the enclosures

I do definitely agree it’s not needed anymore but if the club felt it was easy to just go back to normal, they would.

You also need to take into consideration how much we’ve been disrupted due to covid this season. A lot of the players would be really close/easily accessible to fans right behind the dugouts. It’s a risk the club likely don’t want to take either. I get the dugout acts as a barrier but again it’s all about risks being limited at the moment.

They shoukd be given us seats they are selling for public sale / Mygers . Also this will soon have a detriment effect on us as a support . Sheep , hearts ,and hibs won’t be given us tickets if they don’t get to Ibrox . I would like the SLO to get involved in this . Surely that’s his job
As far I concerned we have a reason behind it why we are doing it

These clubs aren't and would technically breaching the rules if they didn't give us tickets

Keevins is already making waves about away fans being denied entry. Dont be surprised if the authorities use this as an excuse to create a new rule about the minimum number of away fans that must be offered tickets for games. No doubt this will be based on a percentage of capacity and will lead to Celtic trying to get the whole Broomloan back.

Let’s just remember, and remind everyone, that the Dhims were the first club to pursue this ‘No away fans due to Red Zone’ stuff. The way this is playing out in the media you’d think Rangers were the only team enforcing this.

I do definitely agree it’s not needed anymore but if the club felt it was easy to just go back to normal, they would.

You also need to take into consideration how much we’ve been disrupted due to covid this season. A lot of the players would be really close/easily accessible to fans right behind the dugouts. It’s a risk the club likely don’t want to take either. I get the dugout acts as a barrier but again it’s all about risks being limited at the moment.
Guess the argument is covid is gonna be here forever . Are we gonna protect the players forever ? We need to get back to the point where isolation isn’t mandated on even positive people . We didn’t do it with cold/flu in the past . We just told folk to keep their distance at work etc . If you were actually unwell you stayed off but people went into work with mild colds etc . We need to get to that stage with Covid or the world is permanently f@cked by this Disease

Guess the argument is covid is gonna be here forever . Are we gonna protect the players forever ? We need to get back to the point where isolation isn’t mandated on even positive people . We didn’t do it with cold/flu in the past . We just told folk to keep their distance at work etc . If you were actually unwell you stayed off but people went into work with mild colds etc . We need to get to that stage with Covid or the world is permanently f@cked by this Disease
I just want the seat i paid £512 for . At the Motherwell game one guy has been allocated a temporary season ticket and the seat was broken and not even there . Even in the toilets stickers saying BRAGA ON TOUR . So shows how well the toilets are cleaned

It's awful, I was in row F and you can hardly see the other end of the pitch

Keevins is already making waves about away fans being denied entry. Dont be surprised if the authorities use this as an excuse to create a new rule about the minimum number of away fans that must be offered tickets for games. No doubt this will be based on a percentage of capacity and will lead to Celtic trying to get the whole Broomloan back.
Only one club that hasnt had any away fans in their ground including non ST games and they wear green & white , away end lay empty on thurs night aganist raith

Unfortunately we don’t know how long they will be in place. It’s a decision for the footballing authorities and Joint Response Group. It’s looking like it will last in at least the short-term.

Dundee subs were all on the bench and Rangers subs were in the stand.

Is this at the clubs discretion or the Leagues?

Only one club that hasnt had any away fans in their ground including non ST games and they wear green & white , away end lay empty on thurs night aganist raith

In his article he mentioned both us and them, as if he's being neutral, but I reckon they might be doing this to force the authorities to set minimum numbers for away fans. We all know who would benefit most from this.

Unfortunately we don’t know how long they will be in place. It’s a decision for the footballing authorities and Joint Response Group. It’s looking like it will last in at least the short-term.
My point is where you have relocated me to . You’ve moved me from a prime viewing seat to a restricted view seat . There MUST be an alternative for myself . Public sale don’t have all restricted view . As a silver Mygers member and as a season ticket holder for 21 yrs I’m very disappointed

Back