Ref asks for Ronaldo's shirt !

Why not. I don't think this shows any sign of bias. He is just collecting shirts.

If similar happened in an OF game there would be an outcry rite enuf.

Morocco are bad losers.

"He was very impressed with Cristiano Ronaldo, I heard him ask Pepe at half-time if he could have Ronaldo's shirt," he said, according to Marca.

"I don't know what he normally does, but what are we talking about here? This is the World Cup, this isn't a circus."

Morocco goalkeeper Munir was also unhappy with the referee, whom he feels should not have awarded Ronaldo's goal.

"I am convinced that if things happened in the other area, another decision would have been made," he admitted.

"Especially with the goal, we think that Ronaldo fouls (Khalid) Boutaib who was closest to him, and this cost us.

"I haven't seen it but Boutaib said that he pushed him so hard that he was unable to clear the ball."

That’s how these cultures work.....they are so morally bankrupt and underhand that they judge all others by their standards!

Bit off to be fair. I'd be annoyed if it was a game against us. Especially when the ref never even looked at what should have been a penalty for Morocco.

Didn’t Gattuso give a ref his shirt after a game when he was an AC player? :)

Ref shouldn't be doing that and anyone saying otherwise is bonkers.

Morocco have been unlucky in this tournament, certainly a better side than some of the other African/Middle Eastern teams. Should've taken at least a point yesterday.

So what what’s the difference of one of their players asking for it , does that mean he wasn’t trying ?

I can see why people wouldn't be happy with a ref asking an opposition player for their shirt at HT to be honest. If it was at the end of the game then fair enough, no issues whatsoever.

When I first read it I thought no big deal but imagine it was a game against them and the ref asked for one of their shirts at half time, there would be uproar.

Referee was extremely lenient as well considering Ronaldo dived at least twice and it went unpunished.

I can't speak for referee's abroad but I know Craig Thomson has received many shirts from European and International fixtures he has taken charge off.

He has handed many of them to boys clubs, amateur and junior teams to help raise funds.

He is still a shite ref/cheat*

Delete as your mindset believes applicable.

I can't speak for referee's abroad but I know Craig Thomson has received many shirts from European and International fixtures he has taken charge off.

He has handed many of them to boys clubs, amateur and junior teams to help raise funds.

He is still a shite ref/cheat*

Delete as your mindset believes applicable.
He’s a good cheat

Should have waited until the end of the game.

What was wrong with Ronaldo’s goal?

If Morocco could finish worth a f*ck they’d be on 4 points.

Could be a completely innocent reason for it...could be corrupt. Not sure what was wrong with the goal but he should have booked Ronaldo for diving in the 2nd half.

It sends out the wrong message and leaves the officials open to accusations of favouritism / bias. For those reasons alone, it should be avoided.

Could you imagine if eg Bobby Madden asked one of the mentally challengeds for a green & grey rag after they'd won a high profile game against us ? The earth would be knocked off it's axis, such would be the resultant outrage and outcry - and rightly so.

What if pictures were later to come to light, of said official, having said green & grey rag, hanging on his wall at home in a picture frame ? No innocent explanations of shirt-collecting would be accepted and the tempest wouldn't subside until he was sacked, banished and ostracised from the game. The exact same scenario would apply if it was a Rangers shirt we're talking about.

It's a foolish precedent, and one that should be avoided at all costs - particularly in Scotland.

Alleged is the key word.

But if he did (and I would be amazed if he did), he should be removed from his professional position.

It sends out the wrong message and leaves the officials open to accusations of favouritism / bias. For those reasons alone, it should be avoided.

Could you imagine if eg Bobby Madden asked one of the mentally challengeds for a green & grey rag after they'd won a high profile game against us ? The earth would be knocked off it's axis, such would be the resultant outrage and outcry - and rightly so.

What if pictures were later to come to light, of said official, having said green & grey rag, hanging on his wall at home in a picture frame ? No innocent explanations of shirt-collecting would be accepted and the tempest wouldn't subside until he was sacked, banished and ostracised from the game. The exact same scenario would apply if it was a Rangers shirt we're talking about.

It's a foolish precedent, and one that should be avoided at all costs - particularly in Scotland.

I agree with you there all id add is that its probably Celtic players that ask for the refs jersey up here, bunch of horrible corrupt dishonest biased, yahoo friendly cheating bastards.:)

Refused to book him for two blatant dives but asks for his shirt. Well that’s not dodgy at all.

Back