Ref did not lose control

Buster

Today was the most blatant cheating from a referee I have seen in my 50 years of following the bears .
Usual defence is the referee lost control today it does not apply to him he never lost control , he was measured and calm and knew exactly what he was doing cheating , he never seen two blatant penalties ,he seen the assault on Alfie by Donnelly as he booked the player it was a straight red in any other game , he never seen Donnelly start the pushing going of at half time but he seen jack and the other Motherwell player and booked them so why did he not book Donnelly ? Because he would have to send him off.
But his eyes were good enough to see Alfie's gesture amongst a pile of players to second book him.
As I said at the start he knew exactly what he was doing.
What mucked up his game plan was we scored two and they didnt

Today was the most blatant cheating from a referee I have seen in my 50 years of following the bears .
Usual defence is the referee lost control today it does not apply to him he never lost control , he was measured and calm and knew exactly what he was doing cheating , he never seen two blatant penalties ,he seen the assault on Alfie by Donnelly as he booked the player it was a straight red in any other game , he never seen Donnelly start the pushing going of at half time but he seen jack and the other Motherwell player and booked them so why did he not book Donnelly ? Because he would have to send him off.
But his eyes were good enough to see Alfie's gesture amongst a pile of players to second book him.
This wasn't the worst performance from a ref either this season or last, it was just the usual performance which is designed to disadvantage us as much as they think they can get away with. I am fed up saying on this forum all we ask is for the rules to be applied evenly and without favour, the fact that this is obviously not the case is proof that we are being cheated. I like lots of others am sick and tired of the dignified silence which seems to be engrained in our club. We must start asking for clarification of all the decisions that are totally inexplicable as anything other than cheating, if we don't then the cheating won't stop. People on here are demanding VAR, who do they think will review the various incidents? it will be the same people who are guilty of cheating us every week. Speak up Rangers and speak up now.

near the end of the game th
near the end of the game Donnelly comitted a foul ref was striding towards him hand going into his pocket then the camera cuts away next thing you see is the free kick but I reckon he was gonna book him then remembered he had alreadys booked him and also it was his pocket he went to not the spray thing they use cos he never used it. just my opinion

By the book it is still 2 yellows...There are threads calling our for VAR after last weekend, so when a ref does the right thing they are now wrong. Go figure.

I was the game and only seen the tackle for the first booking in real time, did he really catch the defenders foot as he cleared? Was it a definite booking?

Was at the game today, had a feeling that the ref would send someone off.
Glad it had no bearing on the result.

Can’t wait for Friday to rattle the spoon burners. WATP

Sorry, Buster. Nothing will beat Beaton V Hibs.

I posted last week that Beatons performance v Hibs at Ibrox was the most biased I have ever witnessed. Even now it angers me that the club did not issue an official complaint.

Todays ref performance was poor but was no worse than we see week in week out nowadays.

The refereeing performances we've suffered these past two Sundays have been deplorable and until the club challenges them nothing will change.

It wasn't the worst ref performance this month never mind ever. However booking the players before starting second half and donelly not being one was a joke.

He was right to send Alfie off but it's the double standards thats a joke.
Was he already booked?

All about the double standards. However, Alfie was looking like getting a booking for a while and had one of petulant little flick outs just before half time that should be addressed by the manager.

It’s a weekly occurrence now. Longing for the halcyon days of Bob Valentine. At least he’d only %^*& us up in cup finals. This mob are all like Andrew Waddle. They are making a show about how they will “stand up” to Rangers’ top players.

Sadly nothing will change until we start complaining. Spare me the "It's not the Rangers way" nonsense. If poet player was sent off for that there would be a six page pull out in tomorrow's rags and the referee hounded out the game. We need to start being as pro-active. I'm not for hounding officials and publishing their private details online (i'll leave that to the mentally challengeds) but we need to start being exteremely vocal about things, even involving lawyers if that's what it takes. That's why I find Gerrard's reaction disappointing. It really is outrageous he has chosen to blame Alfie rather than go after Robinson for over reacting.

near the end of the game th

near the end of the game Donnelly comitted a foul ref was striding towards him hand going into his pocket then the camera cuts away next thing you see is the free kick but I reckon he was gonna book him then remembered he had alreadys booked him and also it was his pocket he went to not the spray thing they use cos he never used it. just my opinion

Noticed that too.

How many times have we heard “You don’t get away with that in Europe “when a incident happens in a European tie yet it’s allowed here,hammer throwers are allowed free reign to boot anything that moves.

On the not seeing.

He did not manage to see the centre half flatten Morelos in the middle of the box

Last edited:
By the book it is still 2 yellows...There are threads calling our for VAR after last weekend, so when a ref does the right thing they are now wrong. Go figure.
What about Alfies first booking? a joke and the penalty on him?, the couple of penalties in the cup final? the offside goal in the cup final? the penalty against Aberdeen? By the book, if only. If the officials were playing by the book we would be top of the league and have a cup in the bag.

The standard of Scottish football will not improve until we have referees that don’t award thuggish behaviour and start punishing bad tackles. None of this getting your first foul free shite.

This is the entire issue in a nutshell for me. Scottish football is stuck in the dark ages with a main focus on thuggery and physical presence. It works in the SPFL and gives teams a half decent shot at a top 6 finish because it’s allowed by referees. Teams allowed to break play by continual fouling with next to no repercussions. Free reign to foul, even seriously foul opposition players in the first 10-20 mins with no bookings. More skilful players deliberately kicked & bullied into ineffectiveness and out of games.

Look at the challenge on Davis in the first minute or two at Pittodrie. Borderline red card. No attempt to play the ball. Miles late and no where near the ball. Only intention was to hurt one of our players. Davis has now been out for almost two weeks because of it. No booking for the c*nt that made the challenge and IIRC, not even the obligatory “talking to” from the ref which seems to have replaced yellow cards when it comes to assaults on our players.

The second it’s taken onto the European or international stage it’s found out. Players with better touch, passing and overall ability can run rings around this approach.

Last edited:
What about Alfies first booking? a joke and the penalty on him?, the couple of penalties in the cup final? the offside goal in the cup final? the penalty against Aberdeen? By the book, if only. If the officials were playing by the book we would be top of the league and have a cup in the bag.

Correct. And we would have won the EL Group with the Feyenoord penalty.

Just who is it we complain to. Who will take us serious. We all know the game up here is run by poets, for the poets, sfa are mere puppets, carpet sweepers, compliance officer is too busy polishing her tinted specs, TV commentators continually tarnish our players reputations because they have the tools and permission to do so, the mhedia, well we all know about the mhedia, disgraceful bunch of retarded shitebags. Gerrard makes a statement, he will be ridiculed by the attack dogs as paranoid. We have absolutely no fekker in our corner. Who do we complain to?

Amazing some of the tackles Jack has suffered and went unpunished.

Tackles like against Motherwell that put him out for months and again today.

Jack gets sent off for the follow through of a pass.

The half time incident was outrageous as soon as Alfie scored I was about to txt he will have watch himself never got to pick my phone up.

I disagree with the whole cheating narrative, I just think they are utterly dreadful. Played in a huge number of games refereed by the current crop and they were completely hopeless coming through the ranks. The fact that this lot are now at the top of the game with respect to refereeing is embarrassing. The worst of the lot was Dallas. How he is a top level ref is beyond explanation. Robertson and Beaton were also a disaster. The best was probably Euan Norris but then he got a number of things wrong became a bit of a disaster.

Last edited:
I was the game and only seen the tackle for the first booking in real time, did he really catch the defenders foot as he cleared? Was it a definite booking?

I can say this with 100% certainty..... a Motherwell player makes the exact same challenge on one of our defenders and there’s no way in hell he’s being booked.

When you look at the replay it’s debatable as to whether there is contact. Morelos makes a genuine attempt to play the ball and if there is contact it’s because in the process of clearing the ball the Motherwell player kicks the bottom of the boot Alfie is challenging with.

Motherwell player goes down like he’s been shot because it’s Morelos making the challenge. He knows fine well the ref is desperate to book him.

It happens in all of our games in the SPFL and happened numerous time’s today. Morelos challenges someone, even runs past them and there’s over reaction and histrionics. Folk clutching their faces or grabbing their ankles. Motioning that they’ve been “done” off the ball. Gesturing they’ve had their foot stamped on or studs dragged down their heel. It’s a f*cking joke!! :mad:

In my opinion Alfie was entitled to challenge for the first one as the Motherwell players foot was high and in as dangerous a position as Alfies, another soft booking.

Buster I maybe wrong but I think you missed one. I think it may have been Stewart that Donnelly goes right through towards the end. The one that gave Borna the free kick. The fact he doesn’t give him a second yellow for that and dismiss him says it all I think.

In my opinion the Referee didn't lose control of the game. He never had it in the first place to lose.
He Refereed it, to his ability, but unfortunately he never managed or controlled it from the beginning to the end.
An example of this is after a couple of fouls by Alfie, or any other player, he should have been talking to the players to tell them to behave. Doesn't need to be a full scale dressing down.
He will then be able to sell the Yellow Card to the rest of the Players, Managers, Crowd and Andy Walker if they commit a further offence.
He just flashed cards leaving the Players frustrated instead of trying to manage them and get and keep them under his control

Last edited:

Yes, like you and a few others, I noticed this too.

Clear as day that he suddenly realised to his horror that Donnelly had already been booked and well, we couldn't have him being sent off, could we ?

Can someone show me the rule that says it is an automatic booking?
From the LAWS of the game Law 12
A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:
  • climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which can cause safety and/or security issues
  • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt

From the LAWS of the game Law 12
A player must be cautioned, even if the goal is disallowed, for:
  • climbing onto a perimeter fence and/or approaching the spectators in a manner which can cause safety and/or security issues
  • gesturing or acting in a provocative, derisory or inflammatory way
  • covering the head or face with a mask or other similar item
  • removing the shirt or covering the head with the shirt
Is that just Rangers players?

Nothing will change until the club change their strategy on this. Right now we are a soft touch and they know it.

I can say this with 100% certainty..... a Motherwell player makes the exact same challenge on one of our defenders and there’s no way in hell he’s being booked.

When you look at the replay it’s debatable as to whether there is contact. Morelos makes a genuine attempt to play the ball and if there is contact it’s because in the process of clearing the ball the Motherwell player kicks the bottom of the boot Alfie is challenging with.

Motherwell player goes down like he’s been shot because it’s Morelos making the challenge. He knows fine well the ref is desperate to book him.

It happens in all of our games in the SPFL and happened numerous time’s today. Morelos challenges someone, even runs past them and there’s over reaction and histrionics. Folk clutching their faces or grabbing their ankles. Motioning that they’ve been “done” off the ball. Gesturing they’ve had their foot stamped on or studs dragged down their heel. It’s a f*cking joke!! :mad:
They made a lot of far worse tackles today that went unpunished. I'd believe refs were just crap if they were just as crap for the opposition.

Back