Ref watch 2019/20

Fitba Juice

Make no mistake lads and lassies, this season, the officials in this country are going to be under massive scrutiny from the dark side in their quest for the tainted 9 in a row.

We have strengthened where we need to and find ourselves in a good position going into the new season. Their inactivity, so far, in the transfer window has been astonishing considering how close we ran them 2nd half of the season last time round.

All the 50/50 decisions may well go in their favour as no referee will want to be the one who made the "wrong call" which cost them.

We will have the beating of the other teams in the league this time round, of that I am certain, no more dropping silly points.

But we have more to overcome this season.

Let's hope I am wrong...

Just bombard the radio stations with complaints when we get unfair decisions and get the retaliation in first when referee appointments are announced. The other lot have no hesitation in pressurising officials before and after games. We have been too soft and compliant all my life of supporting Rangers, opting to stand aloof taking the moral high ground. It doesn't work. We need to fight fire with fire.

Yup fire with fire, just having this conversation with my mate and although it isn't really in our DNA we need to start looking at things with a cynical mindset. I am old enough to remember us going for 9/10 in a row and fans of other clubs seemed desperate to stop us. They are going for it, yet nothing. They all would still rather beat "The Rangers".
We shall never hide from it, we will endure, we need to overcome it.

I don’t think we have seen anything yet with officiating and not forgetting the Compliance cow, this is the one threat to us winning the league this season.

Leave this stuff to the mentally challengeds lads.

What stuff the truth ?

They are going to cheat us its what they do. Team is getting stronger, manager looking like the boss we hoped he would, Lennon back at the piggery... its so obvious what the refs will do to Rangers there will be an incredible amount of rule bending.

And what exactly would celtic fans have to moan about they get just about everything.

I'm not interested in ref watching, this season we will finish teams off with ease that we failed against last season. That was the difference between finishing 2nd and 1st last season.

No we won’t always do that. Even our best teams had many close games. The refs can make a difference in many games.

Some fans think we should be sweeping teams aside in spite of "poor" decisions. They probably don't watch their games and see the glaring differences to how we are officiated. I for one will be keeping an eye on everything this year.
I predict you'll be busy, very busy.

No we won’t always do that. Even our best teams had many close games. The refs can make a difference in many games.

I'm convinced we will, Not many team will deal with our attackin presense. The refs can make a difference aye but when we're sweeping teams aside 4/5-0 on a weekly basis the ref will have no bearing on the game, I'll let the paranoid tims go on about refs.

I'm convinced we will, Not many team will deal with our attackin presense. The refs can make a difference aye but when we're sweeping teams aside 4/5-0 on a weekly basis the ref will have no bearing on the game, I'll let the paranoid tims go on about refs.

Well see. If we have a team that can win by 4 or 5 on a weekly basis, it will be better than even our best 9in a row team. That sounds like fantasy to me.

tenor.gif

Irrespective we just need to go about out business and try to be squeaky clean - no reckless challenges and no retaliation and go down if assaulted. If we do that we limit the opportunities for refs to do something stupid and unfair !

I'm not interested in ref watching, this season we will finish teams off with ease that we failed against last season. That was the difference between finishing 2nd and 1st last season.
You really think that was the only difference. I will give you the offside goal at Dens park for a starter.

You really think that was the only difference. I will give you the offside goal at Dens park for a starter.

These things balance themselves out, Morelos scored a goal at Tynecastle that was slightly offside. That's not the point though, Teams like Dundee we should be humping with ease.

While I’ll accept occasional bias shows through in one or two, I’d attribute the vast amount of poor calls to the shocking refereeing standard in this country. “Ref Watch” is a mentally challenged concept.

While I’ll accept occasional bias shows through in one or two, I’d attribute the vast amount of poor calls to the shocking refereeing standard in this country. “Ref Watch” is a mentally challenged concept.

Im sure we are on the end of some bad calls that are just honest mistakes, ofcourse, but there is no shocking standard we have good refs they can do the job properly.

Craig Thomson was completely biased against Rangers over a 20 year period, hes retired yes but the damage is done. Im sure he will still be part of the set up training refs and giving advice of how to influence results and pleasure the press.

Bobby Madden is biased against Rangers and loves nothing more than sending our players off.

McLean has been totally biased since the press slaughtered him for his part in the Inverness v Celtic semi.

This puts a lot of pressure on younger refs but they aint hopeless if they were we would benefit more than any other side. Celtic would things to moan about too, they dont. Theres about 8 refs that could do the old firm game thats a lot.

Im sure we are on the end of some bad calls that are just honest mistakes, ofcourse, but there is no shocking standard we have good refs they can do the job properly.

Craig Thomson was completely biased against Rangers over a 20 year period, hes retired yes but the damage is done. Im sure he will still be part of the set up training refs and giving advice of how to influence results and pleasure the press.

Bobby Madden is biased against Rangers and loves nothing more than sending our players off.

McLean has been totally biased since the press slaughtered him for his part in the Inverness v Celtic semi.

This puts a lot of pressure on younger refs but they aint hopeless if they were we would benefit more than any other side. Celtic would things to moan about too, they dont. Theres about 8 refs that could do the old firm game thats a lot.
Didn’t celtic kick up the biggest fuss about refs last season, after the December game? Some of them were calling for foreign refs to be brought in.

Back