Ref Watch - Don Robertson rolled out once again for Celtic

Your one of the reasons we are down trodden. Dont open your eyes, and all is rosey in bonnie scotland,

Look and digest

Don Robertson last 30 games involving us and them have been divided equally to date.

15 games each.

Celtic have dropped 0 points!
Rangers have dropped 18 points!

Celtic have had 0 red cards!
Rangers have had 2 red cards!

Celtic have had 7 yellow cards!
Rangers have had 23 yellow cards!

Celtic have had 3 Penaltys!
Rangers have had 0 penaltys!

Yet I am the bampot for pointing this out. Some on hear dont like facts, Wonder why?
You are reaching Tim levels of obsession. You can make statistics read whatever you want.

Aye m8, a david murray fan no doubt. We are not treated differently compared to them? Wake up FFS. Smell the coffee.

I dont know how anyone can think like this after watching Clancy / Robertson the last few seasons. You must be reading too much BBC or listening to Humza too much.
He's got to be trolling mate either that or he has a spectacular level of stupidity.

No. I’m sticking him on ignore because this ridiculous argument is as old as time itself and as always is just the polar opposite of the same thing being played out on tim sites.
You look at a snapshot of stats and get angry if it makes you feel better. I’ll stick to league tables and trophies.

And ignoring people.

1.png

They give away a lot of niggly fouls close to the oppositions goal when they lose the ball as a deliberate ploy to allow them to reorganise better. I seem to remember a lot of people complaining about Pep's Man City for not getting enough yellows a few seasons back for doing the same.

Postecoglou has them pressing higher up the pitch than any other team in the league right now, which leads to a lot of those cheap type of fouls that don't lead to yellows as often. The stats are a bit of an outlier but in context it does make more sense.

Someone posted stats from across Europe.

Even in like Germany, Spain, France etc teams were averaging a yellow card for every 5-8 games or something

Celtic’s numbers are a massive outlier not just for SPL, but for Europe in general. Funnily enough, when they play in Europe their numbers go back to “normal” whereas ours barely changed

Great point about them in Europe T.

I remember seeing stats a few years ago that were exactly as you say.

It’s quite blatant.

Those 'bent refs' gave us a 25 point league title win margin last season? Have a good sleep and enjoy tomorrow.

They give away a lot of niggly fouls close to the oppositions goal when they lose the ball as a deliberate ploy to allow them to reorganise better. I seem to remember a lot of people complaining about Pep's Man City for not getting enough yellows a few seasons back for doing the same.

Postecoglou has them pressing higher up the pitch than any other team in the league right now, which leads to a lot of those cheap type of fouls that don't lead to yellows as often. The stats are a bit of an outlier but in context it does make more sense.
You are wasting your time. The levels of obsession by the op and others isn’t healthy. Rational explanations they don’t want to hear. They revel in the victim status.

You are right. Which is why I made the point about statistics. Compiling data is easy. Making sense out of it and establishing the truth isn’t so easy.

Last season we didn't have so many dubious calls against Rangers.
What I think happened is that without the crowds, refs felt more relaxed and made sensible decisions. With the crowds, some of the weaker refs feel intimidated and perhaps lean on the side of the crowd? Just something that came into my mind last season. I think even Clancy did a bit better, though this is an extreme example!

Back