Referee brutally assaults Palmeiras player in Copa Libertadores

VAR confirmed the foul. Red card for ref, and likely 3 match ban.
As it should be. That poor lad's football career is now in the balance according to doctors.
Fu ck me, is this where our game is going? forgot this bit ;)

The poor wee angle

maxresdefault.jpg

Good lord, is that really where we’re at now?! Guy gets up thinking “shit I thought that was someone else” :))
Nah, he knew it was the ref. It was a truly magnificent bit of time wasting in the last few seconds of extra time. It put the ref in an impossible position: walk away, and it doesn't look good that a ref is leaving a player on the floor. Stop, and talk to the player, and more time is wasted.

I wonder if stuff like that might just make referees realise the kind of players they are dealing with when they fall looking for penalties and red cards.

Nah, he knew it was the ref. It was a truly magnificent bit of time wasting in the last few seconds of extra time. It put the ref in an impossible position: walk away, and it doesn't look good that a ref is leaving a player on the floor. Stop, and talk to the player, and more time is wasted.
Didn’t realise it was time wasting! I thought he felt the touch and thought it from another player, saw the red and went down. He’s more genius than I thought!

What chance do referees have in trying to get decisions right with bellends like this clown on the pitch. His own club should take action against him because that's embarrassing. I said the same thing re Big Kyle at Aberdeen.

Back