Referee now making their own rules

Even Sportscene said it was a penalty!!!
But it was OK for them to do so because their favorites had won.

RTV angles and replays are pathetic btw.

They need to be conclusive straight away too.

The chopped goals no one any the wiser on them being on or off. Horrific.
I guess you know that RTV camera angles will be the same as Sky, BT and BBC.

F.uck me pink i have heard it all now!! We would be as well chucking it with these clowns reffing our games. Im losing the will to live now watching this each week.

That is unreal

I wonder in the history of football how many times weather has prevented a ref from enforcing the rules

I would wager this might be a first

Come to think of it?

Anyone know what happened to the poster ontheline?

During my spell of running an amateur side back in the 1970's I actually saw a referee make up a new rule. My team scored from a penalty kick and he not only disallowed the goal but gave a free kick against our team for encroachment into the penalty box. When I reported it after the game to the guy who provided the referees for our league (who was a retired FIFA referee) he did not believe me. After he spoke to the referee who did our game he phoned me to apologise. What the ref did today at Ibrox was every bit as bad as what that ref did in our amateur game 40+ years ago. There is no rule ìn the game that says that a referee should take meteorological conditions into account when considering a decision on a hand ball offence. The rules are the rules and all any of us are asking is for referees to apply them fairly and honestly. If that referee has done what is alleged today he should be demoted by the SFA Referees Association.
My amateur team had an absolute roaster of a ref yesterday, he was that bad he made Clancy, Madden, Beaton and Collum seem like Collina. Guy hit a 40 yard pass back which there Goalie had to jump and catch. Referee awarded a free kick on 6 yard line(dead centre) of goals. DIDN'T book the goalie. he was already booked in first half so should've been off. When quizzed after the game he said...…….. It wasn't going in o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O but free kick was dead centre of goal, Was a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity never mind a yellow...…..Game was played at a bigot factory in Kilmarnock

Gerrard also said that the Kilmarnock hand ball wasn’t a handball because the offending player was small. Don’t really get what his height had to do with anything.

Maybe if the club wen’t after the refs properly rather than trying to justify their actions and then releasing feeble statements about VAR, we wouldn’t be in this mess.

A former England captain too.
You think he'd have heard of the Hand of God.

If he couldn't give a penalty due to the weather, the game should never have kicked off.

That is basically an admission that he had decided prior to the game that we weren't to be given a penalty.

Hahaha so when one of our own hand balls it with the sun in his eyes we can claim weather?
Should be struck off immediately the pricks a cheating wage stealing rat.

My amateur team had an absolute roaster of a ref yesterday, he was that bad he made Clancy, Madden, Beaton and Collum seem like Collina. Guy hit a 40 yard pass back which there Goalie had to jump and catch. Referee awarded a free kick on 6 yard line(dead centre) of goals. DIDN'T book the goalie. he was already booked in first half so should've been off. When quizzed after the game he said...…….. It wasn't going in o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O but free kick was dead centre of goal, Was a straight red for denying a goal scoring opportunity never mind a yellow...…..Game was played at a bigot factory in Kilmarnock

My understanding of the rules is that’s correct, I know If a keeper handles a back pass in the box it’s not a red card for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, I dont think it’s even an automatic yellow.

We're 6 weeks too late to start highlighting the fucking obvious.

If we don't have VAR for next year, then just give the mentally challenged tramps 10 just now *

* tainted (4)

Tbf, sportscence get a lot of stick on here and rightly so; however in the last few days they have stated.

Killie's first goal was handball and shouldn't have stood

Morelos goal v killie should have stood

Morelos goal today was onside

Rangers should have had a pen.

We should be keeping a list of these "errors". From mid nov there seems to have been so many and I can only think of one where we got lucky (Hamilton should have had a pen last week for goldson handball).

Yes, Celtic look unstoppable but with competent refs the gap would be a lot closer!

My understanding of the rules is that’s correct, I know If a keeper handles a back pass in the box it’s not a red card for denying an obvious goal scoring opportunity, I dont think it’s even an automatic yellow.
So we would be aswell doing away with the pass back rule then if the keeper can pick it up catch it:oops:

If we don't have VAR for next year, then just give the mentally challenged tramps 10 just now *

* tainted (4)
It'll be a tainted 10 thanks to the referees

* tainted (4)
VAR will only be as good as those officiating it , just more of the same really.

Stevie G said the referee didn’t give a pen against Livi due to “ the weather conditions “

where in the rules can I find this??

corrupt cheating bastards
Before the winter is out a game will be played in the rain...a defender will attempt an honest, fair tackle on an attacker inside the box, but the condition of the pitch takes the defender a bit further than was intended, he catches the attacker and brings him down...penalty!...but no....ref says it’s raining, the pitch is a wee bit sloppy, defender didn’t mean it...let’s just play on!!!.......what a precedent!?

For those who still haven’t seen this farce, I’ll describe as I’ve now seen the incident again on TV.

Ball comes in from the main stand side. Travels almost the full width across the box. Unchallenged, a Livi defender badly misjudges his attempted clearing header and the ball squarely hits his outstretched arm. Ref 6 yards or so away looking straight at it. Every player claims for penalty. It’s a stonewaller.

Ref. No penalty because it’s windy.

Oh, and Alfredo’s goal definitely onside. No question.

Gerrard also said that the Kilmarnock hand ball wasn’t a handball because the offending player was small. Don’t really get what his height had to do with anything.

Maybe if the club wen’t after the refs properly rather than trying to justify their actions and then releasing feeble statements about VAR, we wouldn’t be in this mess.
Think he was getting at the fact that our defenders should have dealt with the cross against a small player like McKenzie.

Stevie G said the referee didn’t give a pen against Livi due to “ the weather conditions “

where in the rules can I find this??

corrupt cheating bastards
In the semi final against Hearts the cheating ref refused to red card a Hearts player as it ‘ would affect the balance of the game’ - seriously - they don’t apply the laws of the game and openly just make up their own laws. What chance do you have. Also, Morelos has scored 2 good goals in the last 2 games, only to have cheating refs disallow them.

That should in any other country other than Scotland see the referee never referee another game officially again.

However, that's what happens when the we're so weak with attacking the refs. Today is probably the first time we've spoken out in a while and look at everything that has gone against us.

Can’t wait.

The watching fan should know as and when if a goal is offside. It’s like bein at the game with Rangers TV.

Fair point u make tho so will see tomorrow.
Some change in the demands and expectations of fans these days.
They‘ll be wanting to pick the team next.

That red card....linesman is 2 yards away. Absolutely ridiculous decision. Seriously, what was he thinking?
You are quite right to use the old terminology of ‘linesman’. I guess they thought being called referee assistants would give their role greater purpose because they would do more than just flag for offside and corners and throw-ins. Very few of them seem to have the gumption to offer any meaningful assistance to the ref even when they are much closer to the incident.

This goes along with that prick Dermot Gallagher, who when defending a ref said “ you have 3 options, you can give the pen, or book the player for diving or the 3rd option DO NOTHING.” He is basically saying ignore the rules if you fancy, surely a refs job is to follow the rules to the letter?

You are quite right to use the old terminology of ‘linesman’. I guess they thought being called referee assistants would give their role greater purpose because they would do more than just flag for offside and corners and throw-ins. Very few of them seem to have the gumption to offer any meaningful assistance to the ref even when they are much closer to the incident.
It's almost as if they are scared to make a decision that benefits us...

Tbf, sportscence get a lot of stick on here and rightly so; however in the last few days they have stated.

Killie's first goal was handball and shouldn't have stood

Morelos goal v killie should have stood

Morelos goal today was onside

Rangers should have had a pen.

We should be keeping a list of these "errors". From mid nov there seems to have been so many and I can only think of one where we got lucky (Hamilton should have had a pen last week for goldson handball).

Yes, Celtic look unstoppable but with competent refs the gap would be a lot closer!

Sportscene would not be highlighting anything if the points were level IMO.

That handball is a disgrace and his excuse was even worse. Its too windy ,what next goals not given as the ball was at and too slippery for the keeper

If the sun had been cracking the turf I’m sure the excuse would have been ‘he had the sun in his eyes’.

Wasn’t even the worst decision of the day. That is reserved for the decision to allow the assassin who tried to wreck Goldson to stay on the park.

If the sun had been cracking the turf I’m sure the excuse would have been ‘he had the sun in his eyes’.

Wasn’t even the worst decision of the day. That is reserved for the decision to allow the assassin who tried to wreck Goldson to stay on the park.
Genuinely can't believe that actually happened

Back