Referees abuse

Without wanting to be appearing to 'jump on you' lol i'd be inclined to agree with you here, instances are few and far between from my own personal experience at this age group.
What I am saying is referees have to be held responsible for mistakes and shouldn't be beyond reproach.

Agreed!

I blame the schools (this from last year)

'Ya wee w***': Booze-fuelled rammy at Catholic school football match leads to calls for drink ban for parents

CALLS have been made to ban alcohol at children's football matches after a booze-fuelled rammy that has led to the end-of-term football tournament being cancelled.

Parents became involved in a verbal ding-dong at the Glasgow Catholic Schools FA semi-final that saw a P7 youngster called a "wee w***" by a drunk dad.

Things got so out of hand the match was abandoned - but parents claim it would never have happened if everyone had been sober.
Gary McDougall's boy Robbie, representing St Anne's Primary, was involved in the altercation, which saw him given a red card.
Gary, from Dennistoun, said: "Robbie is not a dirty player but he was involved in a 50/50 tackle that the referee decided was a red card.
"While the ref was making his decision, a dad from the other school, St Paul's, started shouting abuse at my boy from the sidelines.
"He called Robbie a 'wee w***' and things got more heated from there with the guy threatening me.
"The upshot is that none of this would have happened if booze was not available."
The match was between St Anne's Primary, in the Gallowgate, and St Paul's Primary, Shettleston, and held at Maryhill Juniors.
Parents from both sides, including Gary and Robbie's mum, were eventually asked to leave the ground.
The other parent is believed to have apologised for their behaviour.
And St Anne's Primary head teacher Wendy Barr and coach Michael Miller appealed the red card but this was upheld by committee.
Now local councillor Martin McElroy has contacted Glasgow City Council's licensing board to ask what powers the authority might have to limit the sale of alcohol at school football matches.
He said: "Unfortunately, some parents spectating were quite obviously drunk and the players, mostly 11 and 12 year olds, were subject to verbal abuse and threats from the sidelines.
"We have very specific controls over the sale of alcohol at the highest professional levels, right through to the amateur leagues yet unfortunately there is little done to protect players and other spectators at juvenile games."

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...tch-leads-to-calls-for-drink-ban-for-parents/

I have always thought that anyone who referees football has never really played football, so as a consequence they have no knowledge of the inner workings or the dynamics of the adult game with regards to passages of play and the physicality applied during a match. I think that's a large part of the problem in my opinion.

the bits in bold are nonsense.

1)You're saying referee's have never really played football = nonsense
(my dad went to school with the old ref Hugh Williamson, played football with him so your wrong there)

2) the second part im not even where to start but its nonsense.

Exactly the reason I chucked it. The stick Is just ridiculous at times.

Used to do amateur, junior, youth and pro-youth etc.

Only time I have really lost the plot a bit at my boys football there wasn't even a ref there.
When they start off about 5 or 6 they play wee 4-a-side games with both teams in a diamond shape, tiny goals and no goalkeepers. They were playing at Seedhill in Paisley and a wee boy flew into a wild tackle against my boy, took the ball first but it was extremely wreckless and only through luck my boy wasn't hurt, the boys parent/coach is shouting "well done wee man, that was a cruncher" and this was a red rag to a bull for me "a cruncher by %^*&, he could have seriously hurt him there ya clown" to which he replied he won the ball and I said next time he might seriously injure a child, I was ready for punching his cnut in but I decided against it.

the bits in bold are nonsense.

1)You're saying referee's have never really played football = nonsense
(my dad went to school with the old ref Hugh Williamson, played football with him so your wrong there)

2) the second part im not even where to start but its nonsense.

Yeah that’s correct, at any decent level? Name one who has??

In fact don’t bother let's not get into it, but if someone has played any sport at a decent level they’ll have a better understanding of the game!

Really cool story about your Dad bro!

I'm a referee. I do youth football. Wouldnt do amateur if you doubled my match fee. Played amateur long enough and seen first hand the abuse and issues refs face. It's bad enough sometimes off the coaches/parents at youth level

It's Grassroots football they are talking about and, as a Secretary of an Under 19 team, I have to say they are correct. Some of the coaches are idiots and forget why they are there.
My grandson plays for a 2004s team and I've took him to a few games,It baffles why some refs put themselves through it,
One guy in charge getting abuse from the first whistle for the whole game,I'm waiting for one of them just to say fvck this I'm off before the end of the game .

Back