Referees' rotas and so forth.

wee bud's pit boots

How do they work?

Do the so called 'big uns', top bananas, bigwigs, cream of the crop usually get the top division or is it a mix and match. As in weeks off or drops into the lower divisions on a regular basis?

It's definitely not performance based as they keep getting games

Now there's a thing.

Beaton is basically banned after we beat the filth last December from reffing another Rangers game last season till the league was all but done and dusted.

Three weeks ago Clancy, was banned, or binned (you pays yer money you takes yer choice) from reffing for the following weekend. Apparently, despite deliberately not red carding a yahoo, he fell foul of the rules by not awarding the filth a penalty.

Two weeks ago, Collum gives a yahoo a red card, but doesn't red card a Livi player for a tackle he wouldn't have red carded a yahoo player for either, and he's tripping the sh1te fantastic in the lower rungs tomorrow.

Just saying, like.

Its really simple if they ref our games they give us phuck all and let teams kick the shite out of our players,ref Celtic games just make sure they win at all costs.If they dont stick to the script they are phucked by the SFA.And if there is any doubt they give us Madden who does his best to make sure he cant be giving any signs that he supports Rangers(im still not convinced he supports us as we keep getting told on here)

they won't be satisfied until tom boyd is a permanent ref for their games with grant and walker running the line, hopefully they get game changing decisions go against them on a weekly basis, refs are poor but we suffer as much if not more from refs

they won't be satisfied until tom boyd is a permanent ref for their games with grant and walker running the line, hopefully they get game changing decisions go against them on a weekly basis, refs are poor but we suffer as much if not more from refs

did anything come of him being cited?

Do the refereeing myself
Highest level ( SPL you will be appointed to referee 2 and 4th official 2 per month )

can referee championship games instead of taking a 4th official stint if a newer referee is appointed a role to shadow the top level.

progression isn’t the easiest though , few kiss arses make the transition much faster rather than ability as a referee and style of refereeing.

Thinks its been obvious for a while that Celtic either have a say on who refs games or the person/people picking the appointments takes their views and media reporting of previous performances and decisions into account. Clancy may well have a great game as he is a good referee but hes under a bit more pressure not to give Rangers any big calls.

Remember when we last won the league. Craig Thomson does the Celtic game in midweek at Hearts(early red card make sure tims get the win) and then pops at Killie on last day of the season fired up... had that been a close game and not one that was over in 8 mins something mental would no doubt have happened, soft penalty Killie/ red for Rangers.

Thinks its been obvious for a while that Celtic either have a say on who refs games or the person/people picking the appointments takes their views and media reporting of previous performances and decisions into account. Clancy may well have a great game as he is a good referee but hes under a bit more pressure not to give Rangers any big calls.

Remember when we last won the league. Craig Thomson does the Celtic game in midweek at Hearts(early red card make sure tims get the win) and then pops at Killie on last day of the season fired up... had that been a close game and not one that was over in 8 mins something mental would no doubt have happened, soft penalty Killie/ red for Rangers.

On what basis do you, or can refer to Clancy as a good referee?

If his last season's performances against, and I'll repeat against Rangers are the barometer, then he is a cheat, pure and simple.

He couldn't wait to yellow card Alfie in the SC replay v Dolly at Ibrox, when it should have been a penalty in our favour.

And what did that yellow mean?

On what basis do you, or can refer to Clancy as a good referee?

If his last season's performances against, and I'll repeat against Rangers are the barometer, then he is a cheat, pure and simple.

He couldn't wait to yellow card Alfie in the SC replay v Dolly at Ibrox, when it should have been a penalty in our favour.

And what did that yellow mean?

You could list one or two decisions they have all made and say, hes a cheat they all do something suspect from time to time you may disagree but i believe its down to media pressure. He does seem to quite enjoy showing alfie a card but its possible he thought it was a dive. Maybe he simply made a mistake we will never know but the sending off everyone remembers at Aberdeen didnt seem like his call.

We do not have bad referees gub, there is nothing wrong with the standard, he is good ref ive watched him plenty of times, and collum, beaton and even dallas... but as you know the refs are put in a difficult position by non stop propaganda and biased reporting.

I think there is a huge difference between a soft yellow card for alfie and the behaviour over a long period of time by refs like Madden and Thomson.

Well I watched Arbroath v Morton today , and willie Collum was as poor as any ref I've ever seen. Managed to disallow an Arbroath goal due to the fact the ball skiffed his leg on the way through to the scorer. It didn't deflect, stop, alter it in any way , but he had to be the big man and chalk it off.

You could list one or two decisions they have all made and say, hes a cheat they all do something suspect from time to time you may disagree but i believe its down to media pressure. He does seem to quite enjoy showing alfie a card but its possible he thought it was a dive. Maybe he simply made a mistake we will never know but the sending off everyone remembers at Aberdeen didnt seem like his call.

We do not have bad referees gub, there is nothing wrong with the standard, he is good ref ive watched him plenty of times, and collum, beaton and even dallas... but as you know the refs are put in a difficult position by non stop propaganda and biased reporting.

I think there is a huge difference between a soft yellow card for alfie and the behaviour over a long period of time by refs like Madden and Thomson.
Why then are they conspicious by their absence at WC or Euro Finals?

Thomson is a cheat, Clancy is a cheat, Collum is a cheat,Dallas in utterly incompetent,Robertson is a buffoon while Madden is a cowardly cheat.

Why then are they conspicious by their absence at WC or Euro Finals?

Thomson is a cheat, Clancy is a cheat, Collum is a cheat,Dallas in utterly incompetent,Robertson is a buffoon while Madden is a cowardly cheat.

Well they seem to get quite a lot of big european club ties theres threads on here all the time about scottish refs doing europa or CL games.

I dont disagree that there is cheating i think its pretty obvious at times Thomson was at it for 20 years but if we believe these other guys are just have crap refs that make lots of mistakes im not quite sure what it is we are moaning about.

Do the refereeing myself
Highest level ( SPL you will be appointed to referee 2 and 4th official 2 per month )

can referee championship games instead of taking a 4th official stint if a newer referee is appointed a role to shadow the top level.

progression isn’t the easiest though , few kiss arses make the transition much faster rather than ability as a referee and style of refereeing.
So when SPL Referees are plying their trade in the championship it might just be that there's an up and coming ref who's been given a 4th official slot? Must be great for Championship refs when they see Celtic have lost as they know they're getting a leg up next week!

I'm a referee (yes I know but I'm better than some of the big ones) and I do Club Academy games the way it works there is that if your free that weekend, you say to the coordinator your available and he looks and offers you a game.

Do the refereeing myself

Andrew Dallas being the prime example. Used the referee myself and its extremely clique-y, even at amateur/junior level.

Back