Refunds

Clearly you don’t know “what the situation is” or you would know you‘re not buying a set amount of games. It’s not hard to grasp, I’ve given you a half dozen examples in my own life where I’m paying for something I’m not getting.

I’m not naive enough to think I have any provisions in place to demand services not specified in my agreements. I don’t see my golf club or the council or my car insurer as immoral. I know “what the situation is” you might say

Life isn’t fair. If you don’t like it you can vote with your wallet. You can take that as friendly advice or harsh words, I don’t much care

You're buying every league game.

"East End Neighbours" in reference to CFC/CBC translates to "Separate Entity" "Big Jock Knew" "Torbett" "Peadophile Ring" "Jim'll Fix It" and that nasally weirdo on Clyde FM who knows.
I live in the East End and it's a nightmare sharing it with these crackpots. A fukin living nightmare!
My sincerest sympathy

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed

Pathetic post.

Those worried about their own financial situation after losing their job thanks to Covid should never by a ticket again?

I can only hope you never find yourself in the situation where you're worrying about how you're going to be able to buy food or pay your rent - because sadly, that's the very situation some find themselves in through no fault of their own.

We complain a lot about Rangers treating fans as customers, yet a lot are complaining and treating Rangers like a business?

We can’t have it both ways.

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed
The worst take on this yet

I’m th
"East End Neighbours" in reference to CFC/CBC translates to "Separate Entity" "Big Jock Knew" "Torbett" "Peadophile Ring" "Jim'll Fix It" and that nasally weirdo on Clyde FM who knows.
I live in the East End and it's a nightmare sharing it with these crackpots. A fukin living nightmare!
Same here mate, they do not represent the east end in any way shape or form, the east end is full of good Rangers areas.

Oh dear....

Loyalty goes both ways. Not just one. Treat fans like customers then the fans will rest them like any other business.
I 100% agree with that. My season ticket has went up 33% this year and 80% next year so I am fuming.

I still think we have a lot of cry babies in our support who aren’t happy with anything the club do and would criticise them for anything though. Which this thread clearly shows.

I am not asking the players to take a cut to fund , refunds. I just think when you have the present economical climate they should do the moral thing and take a cut.

I get they are employees but they are earning money that most people can only dream about.

As for you saying you would not go to your employer, are you on between 20-30 k a week ? And for all we know maybe the players have been asked to take a cut but decided not too.

I don't look at it from the point of view of how much an individual earns. If you do that what is your cut-off? £1k a week? £2k a week? etc etc. I simply consider the principle of the thing and whether it should apply or not. Football is a highly paid profession. There are others, of course. Should Surgeons, QCs, bankers etc be taking wage cuts because its 'morally' right? Of course not.

If Rangers want to offer a refund its for Rangers to do so. It has nothing at all to do with their employees.

I 100% agree with that. My season ticket has went up 33% this year and 80% next year so I am fuming.

I still think we have a lot of cry babies in our support who aren’t happy with anything the club do and would criticise them for anything though. Which this thread clearly shows.

I don't think I'd suggest anyone who is saying fans should be able to get a refund in the middle of the worst health crisis in a century and with many of us furloughed, out of work or simply unsure if we'll have a job to go back to are 'cry babies.'

You want a £6m liability in order to offer refunds to every single season ticket holder. How many of our 46,000 season ticket holders when given the chance to anonymously get a refund of £150 would take it. If even a fifth take it were over a million pound down. I think despite the staunchness on display and given the circumstances here that privately that number may be higher. It doesn’t mean we want it or expect it. Turning it down when offered anonymously is a different story to calling Rangers immoral when you don’t get it.

We lose at least £10 million every single year. We are a failing business with shareholders who are not fans and you want us to offer refunds to everyone when we are neither obliged to nor ABLE to. And the Directors will justify this how? Supporter revolt? Losing fans? Damage to the brand? No on all counts.

I love my club and if that makes me a prick then so be it. You’re the type of guy who would cripple Rangers for the chance of £160 quid that “you don’t even want back”. You sound like you walk around with a halo with a child playing a tiny violin to accompany your (second hand) tales of woe. Jog on

You are 2-1 up on @KirkwallTrueBlue in the wankiest post on the thread competition.

The guy was right in what he labelled you.

I don't think I'd suggest anyone who is saying fans should be able to get a refund in the middle of the worst health crisis in a century and with many of us furloughed, out of work or simply unsure if we'll have a job to go back to are 'cry babies.'
You’ve deliberately misread what I says. We do have a lot of cry babies in our support. If they weren’t complaining about refunds it would be something else. I am in the exact same place as you mention, do I take it out on Rangers not offering me a hundred or two hundred quid refund?

You’ve deliberately misread what I says. We do have a lot of cry babies in our support. If they weren’t complaining about refunds it would be something else. I am in the exact same place as you mention, do I take it out on Rangers not offering me a hundred or two hundred quid refund?

Yes. As that is who isn't giving you a refund.

You should be posting that.

I don't look at it from the point of view of how much an individual earns. If you do that what is your cut-off? £1k a week? £2k a week? etc etc. I simply consider the principle of the thing and whether it should apply or not. Football is a highly paid profession. There are others, of course. Should Surgeons, QCs, bankers etc be taking wage cuts because its 'morally' right? Of course not.

If Rangers want to offer a refund its for Rangers to do so. It has nothing at all to do with their employees.

In general terms QCs etc are not earning the best part of 30k a week .

I could not care less whether they are employees or not , morally it’s wrong. And as I said, for all we know rangers may have already asked them to take a cut and they declined.

Oh and the yahoos across the city are taking both a deferral and cut !

I'm in a slightly different situation, I sit in the family section with my daughter and other family members I don't attend the 'OF' games, I agreed to purchase our seats for the most recent 'OF' game on behalf of a workmate of my sister, now he's out £104.

Tricky one for me tbh, I've written off the games but I'm sure he wants his money back. I'm planning on giving him the 2 vouchers to soften the blow but I've only heard mention of them on here.

Fwiw I have no issue with any bear who wants a refund.

In general terms QCs etc are not earning the best part of 30k a week .

I could not care less whether they are employees or not , morally it’s wrong. And as I said, for all we know Rangers may have already asked them to take a cut and they declined.

Oh and the yahoos across the city are taking both a deferral and cut !

The sums involved matter not a jot. Why should an employee, any employee, give up HIS salary to the benefit of his employer? Its a nonsense. Its not for an employee to take a wage cut. Rangers engaged them for the salary they agreed. Yes, its colossal in some cases but that's not the point. You and I, by putting money into Rangers, effectively 'sanction' that salary because we think it gives us a better chance to win things. Of course, we could pay them all under £1k a week and, by your argument, they wouldn't need to give anything up.

Take your eye of the salary and consider the principal of the thing. Would you take a cut to help your employee?

Last edited:
The sums involved matter not a jot. Why should an employee, any employee, give up HIS salary to the benefit of his employer? Its a nonsense. Its not for an employees to take a wage cut. Rangers engaged them for the salary they agreed. Yes, its colossal in some case but that's not the point. You and I, by putting money into Rangers, effectively 'sanction' that salary because we think it gives us a better chance to win things. Of course, we could pay them all under £1k a week and, by your argument, they wouldn't need to give anything up.

Take your eye of the salary and consider the principal of the thing. Would you take a cut to help your employee?

Off course the sums matter , your not to bright if you think someone on 30k a week and someone on £300 a week that’s there is not a difference.

Oh I have tool my eye of the salary, and I consider the moral side of things, you try doing that!

If I am on £300 a week of course I would not take a wage cut , but there are family members of mine who have had to take a wage cut through thurlough.

As I said big difference between the average joe and what players earn.

Oh and nobody said pay the players 1k a week lol .

Off course the sums matter , your not to bright if you think someone on 30k a week and someone on £300 a week that’s there is not a difference.

Oh I have tool my eye of the salary, and I consider the moral side of things, you try doing that!

If I am on £300 a week of course I would not take a wage cut , but there are family members of mine who have had to take a wage cut through thurlough.

As I said big difference between the average joe and what players earn.

Oh and nobody said pay the players 1k a week lol .

Like everybody else I adjust my lifestyle to suit my income. When I was skint and in debt not everything I wanted to do was possible. When I had a bit more I had the mortgage and the car payments to keep up and still fit in time/money for the foreign holidays. We all do. Even football players on big bucks.

The whole idea of the players giving money away to benefit their employer arises out of jealousy. Nothing more.

We will never agree on the matter so probably best left at that.

Last edited:
So the season got played? So you think Celtic won the title? Because that would be the logical conclusion. When in fact the season was not completed.
I don’t like it, you don’t like, Rangers don’t like it, Partick Hearts and Stranraer don’t like it, but the season IS over. It shouldn’t be, but it is.
Celtic have been given the championship, hearts are out the league voting as a championship club already. That’s the facts and it does you no good to pretend that anything is going to change.

You're buying every league game.
You got every game in the season. You’re issue is with the SPFL, they set the length of the season. You believe rangers are due you a refund, fine, you just on for a moan or what are you proposing?

If you’re trying to drum up support or outrage then it’s not working. Get on the phone to a lawyer or rangers and do something about it.

There’s about one person on this forum honest enough to say he needs a refund, I feel for these people but I’ve listed a half dozen more scrupulous business the average person should pursue refunds from for lack of service. Business’s that they don’t love. Business’s who have fucked you over already time and again. Councils, insurers, certain tax. Start there

Absolute throbber of a post & a shocking lack of awareness/empathy regarding what’s going on right now.
Where does thick & think come into it when folk can’t pay their bills?
Give me a fellow bear who can’t afford to go over someone with your attitude every day of the week.

What was the score in the second Old Firm game at Ibrox?
We never played a second game against Celtic in the league this year. Where did it say on your ticket you were getting one?

The argument that the league isn’t over yet because you don’t want it to be belongs in a playground. Take your concerns to the SPFL, a lawyer or since you think rangers should front it and owe you something, the Board.

We never played a second game against Celtic in the league this year. Where did it say on your ticket you were getting one?

The argument that the league isn’t over yet because you don’t want it to be belongs in a playground. Take your concerns to the SPFL, a lawyer or since you think Rangers should front it and owe you something, the Board.

What number post in the thread was that?

What was the score in the second Old Firm game at Ibrox?
You no on the phone to your legal representatives by now? Hagi money is already away, if you’re not quick we might improve the team further and you’ll be left moaning on an rangers forum about how immoral we are. Wait...

£25 x5 home games = £125

You got every game in the season. You’re issue is with the SPFL, they set the length of the season. You believe Rangers are due you a refund, fine, you just on for a moan or what are you proposing?

If you’re trying to drum up support or outrage then it’s not working. Get on the phone to a lawyer or Rangers and do something about it.

There’s about one person on this forum honest enough to say he needs a refund, I feel for these people but I’ve listed a half dozen more scrupulous business the average person should pursue refunds from for lack of service. Business’s that they don’t love. Business’s who have fucked you over already time and again. Councils, insurers, certain tax. Start there

I got £50 back from my insurance, a purchase that I actually still got full use of.

I wouldn’t take a refund, I’d guess most wouldn’t but the offer would be appreciated .

Also appreciated would be at least communicating plans for different scenarios next season. If we don’t get into any games, 50% of games or whatever. The obvious conclusion is they want full payment and we will get zero back no matter how many games we miss and they just don’t want to tell us.

I understand not everyone can do so but Rangers can keep any money I’m due back.Wasn’t their fault and I’m not going to chase them for it.Happy if it helped in any small way.I will renew my season ticket this week (some time)after a wee problem hopefully now sorted be joining myGers and buying strips when they come out.I need Rangers more than they need me.
I personally dont want my season ticket money to be spent on refunds. I pay every year unconditionally and hope the club keep it for the benefit of the team.

£25 voucher is a noble gesture that was made before anyone else.

I got £50 back from my insurance, a purchase that I actually still got full use of.

I wouldn’t take a refund, I’d guess most wouldn’t but the offer would be appreciated .

Also appreciated would be at least communicating plans for different scenarios next season. If we don’t get into any games, 50% of games or whatever. The obvious conclusion is they want full payment and we will get zero back no matter how many games we miss and they just don’t want to tell us.
DaveC, before anyone renews they should fully understand that any attendance of games this season coming is highly unlikely. If they are expecting or thinking club will issue refunds they should probably reconsider renewing.

The club needs us to support it just now if we can.

You’re genuinely wanting a £160 refund? For something completely outwith the clubs control. A potential £6.5 million pound liability for the club. %^*& me your delusional.

Put your calculator away and have a beer. If you’ve got a spare tenner to still enjoy it
Season ticket sales are liabilities for the club until they’ve fulfilled the fixture

You want a £6m liability in order to offer refunds to every single season ticket holder. How many of our 46,000 season ticket holders when given the chance to anonymously get a refund of £150 would take it. If even a fifth take it were over a million pound down. I think despite the staunchness on display and given the circumstances here that privately that number may be higher. It doesn’t mean we want it or expect it. Turning it down when offered anonymously is a different story to calling Rangers immoral when you don’t get it.

We lose at least £10 million every single year. We are a failing business with shareholders who are not fans and you want us to offer refunds to everyone when we are neither obliged to nor ABLE to. And the Directors will justify this how? Supporter revolt? Losing fans? Damage to the brand? No on all counts.

I love my club and if that makes me a prick then so be it. You’re the type of guy who would cripple Rangers for the chance of £160 quid that “you don’t even want back”. You sound like you walk around with a halo with a child playing a tiny violin to accompany your (second hand) tales of woe. Jog on
I would never put a supporter down for wanting money back for a service that’s not been provided to them. You don’t know their individual circumstances.

heres another example.

You booked a hotel, non refundable pre payment.
You can’t go as the hotel is closed but they won’t give you the money back because it was non-refundable and in the terms and conditions that the hotel won’t be held liable for any cancellations out with their control. You’re the only source of income for that hotel, they say you can come again and will offer you £25 off the room rate, but they charge you extra to be a member of the hotels loyalty scheme.

do you pursue a refund?

Season ticket sales are liabilities for the club until they’ve fulfilled the fixture
Correct and all the league fixtures have been fullfilled. Rangers have zero liability for any fixtures you consider outstanding for season 19/20 beyond the discounts or vouchers they have already offered to customers. Rangers have fulfilled the t&c’sand have gone beyond with a voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

Renew or don’t renew, but don’t be surprised when it happens again this year

I would never put a supporter down for wanting money back for a service that’s not been provided to them. You don’t know their individual circumstances.

heres another example.

You booked a hotel, non refundable pre payment.
You can’t go as the hotel is closed but they won’t give you the money back because it was non-refundable and in the terms and conditions that the hotel won’t be held liable for any cancellations out with their control. You’re the only source of income for that hotel, they say you can come again and will offer you £25 off the room rate, but they charge you extra to be a member of the hotels loyalty scheme.

do you pursue a refund?
Not sure, I’d probably just go on to the hotels forum and complain about it with no intention of lifting a finger to help the poor customers the immoral hotel had shafted.

You got every game in the season. You’re issue is with the SPFL, they set the length of the season. You believe Rangers are due you a refund, fine, you just on for a moan or what are you proposing?

If you’re trying to drum up support or outrage then it’s not working. Get on the phone to a lawyer or Rangers and do something about it.

Normally I wouldn’t do this but if you’re going to come on and act the smart arse and put people down for wanting their money back or at least want some sort of official clarification from the club, at least get your fucking grammar right.

Correct and all the league fixtures have been fullfilled. Rangers have zero liability for any fixtures you consider outstanding for season 19/20 beyond the discounts or vouchers they have already offered to customers. Rangers have fulfilled the t&c’sand have gone beyond with a voucher as a gesture of goodwill.

I’ve written off my season book for this year, but some folk aren’t so lucky.

In terms of audited accounts, yes there is a liability, as they will be subject to the same accounting treatment and the club will be required to declare on the signed financial statements and accompanying notes that they did not provide the pre agreed, normal amount of fixtures and did not offer a refund. Whether this was out of the clubs control is irrelevant.

Morally I expect an offer from the club, but I’ll not take it. Whether you agree is up to you, it doesn’t make you any better of a supporter than the others.

The club should come out with some comms and put this nonsense to bed.

I take it all of the clubs offering a refund disagree with this particular logic.

I take it all of the clubs offering a refund disagree with this particular logic.
If they impress you so much and the immoral Rangers Football Club disappoint you so much then there’s an easy answer. You’ll get a seat at any ground in the country but don’t expect to get yours back at Ibrox if you go

Normally I wouldn’t do this but if you’re going to come on and act the smart arse and put people down for wanting their money back or at least want some sort of official clarification from the club, at least get your fucking grammar right.
You’re literally the type of guy who wants me to treat rangers like I would treat a hotel. That’s your actual example. A hotel hasn’t given me the best moments of my life time and again, I owe hotels nothing.

If my hotel goes out of business I’ll move on to another hotel. But if rangers go out of business or aren’t successful it means A LOT.

We are different people entirely, our outlook on rangers, what it means and how much were prepared to give it to our own detriment, is miles apart

If they impress you so much and the immoral Rangers Football Club disappoint you so much then there’s an easy answer. You’ll get a seat at any ground in the country but don’t expect to get yours back at Ibrox if you go

Wow, what an incredibly aggressive answer to a simple question. Where did I describe Rangers as immoral, you just made that up.

I am one of the people who has been saying that Rangers cannot give millions away which they are not contractually obliged to. The board have to act in the best interest of the shareholders and giving that money away is arguably not even possible. Particularly in the current climate, with little or no income, but high costs.

You’re literally the type of guy who wants me to treat Rangers like I would treat a hotel. That’s your actual example. A hotel hasn’t given me the best moments of my life time and again, I owe hotels nothing.

If my hotel goes out of business I’ll move on to another hotel. But if Rangers go out of business or aren’t successful it means A LOT.

We are different people entirely, our outlook on Rangers, what it means and how much were prepared to give it to our own detriment, is miles apart
No, I am highlighting to you another example. It is the same principle.
So you’re saying that you’re a better fan than me because I think Rangers should do the moral thing?

I didn’t say I was looking for a refund, I’m highlighting to you why others do and telling you to get off your fucking high horse and stop putting people down because for their personal circumstances would take a refund.

Fück me backwards

Whether or not a refund is due Rangers could have given ALL outstanding ST holders free membership to the MyGers which IMO would have been better than a £25 voucher from which they will see income as it will be invariably used against something more expensive.

Wow, what an incredibly aggressive answer to a simple question. Where did I describe Rangers as immoral, you just made that up.

I am one of the people who has been saying that Rangers cannot give millions away which they are not contractually obliged to. The board have to act in the best interest of the shareholders and giving that money away is arguably not even possible. Particularly in the current climate, with little or no income, but high costs.
Aggressive? You need to toughen up a bit pal.

Back