Refunds

Jazzman

So looking elsewhere, EPL are refunding, most clubs are refunding in whole missed games, well publicised. In Scotland only refund I see in Media is Rangers 25 quid off merchandise. Has anyone seen other clubs refunds, exemptions etc. Or are we again a target of the media? What have our East End neighbours offered? Was it in the media?

Im sure I heard on the radio partick thistle offered full refunds for the unplayed matches , not many choose to take to the offer but some did and they put out a few grand.
According to a mentally challenged in my mates WhatsApp group Celtic also offered a full refund for the unplayed games but made it clear to fans that they’d appreciate it if they made the gesture of allowing the club to invest it back into the club.
Not sure about the rest of the spl. If I remember right I heard we were the only one who never offered a full refund for the remaining games as it wasn’t in our T & Cs.

So looking elsewhere, EPL are refunding, most clubs are refunding in whole missed games, well publicised. In Scotland only refund I see in Media is Rangers 25 quid off merchandise. Has anyone seen other clubs refunds, exemptions etc. Or are we again a target of the media? What have our East End neighbours offered? Was it in the media?

Easier for EPL to refund, much smaller percentage of their income comes from gate receipts

Money spent.

Judging by how we were playing its money better spent imagining our form would have improved than seeing that season out.

I'd be very surprised if it was over 15% wanted a refund

Given the endless number of posts on here about it I think you might find that figure would be much, much higher.

We should just release a statement saying we decided to spend it on Hagi instead.:);)

Don’t give a rats ass about a refund. Also don’t give a rats ass that I’ve paid for a season ticket I’m not going to be able to use this side of January.

It’s all about the bigger picture. I’m an emotional investor in Rangers. The money doesn’t matter, shit, the product hasn’t mattered for a few years now either. The main point is making sure Rangers are around ad infinitum.

I also have shares in Rangers. It’s not for profit, it’s not for personal gain, it’s just about being part of the greatest institution in Scotland.

I'm really wondering what people will do if they pay for a full ST and don't get to see a game this season.

It's not as if a switch will be pressed and we will be back to 50,000 at Ibrox again. Not a chance is that happening next season. It will start with maybe 10,000 and increase it gradually from there

"East End Neighbours" in reference to CFC/CBC translates to "Separate Entity" "Big Jock Knew" "Torbett" "Peadophile Ring" "Jim'll Fix It" and that nasally weirdo on Clyde FM who knows.
I live in the East End and it's a nightmare sharing it with these crackpots. A fukin living nightmare!

Money spent.

Judging by how we were playing its money better spent imagining our form would have improved than seeing that season out.

I'd be very surprised if it was over 15% wanted a refund

I don't want a refund but I want to be asked first. It doesn't seem right that the club have taken it upon themselves to keep our money without even offering it back - I get that we need the money but many people have lost jobs and could also do with the money back.

Given the endless number of posts on here about it I think you might find that figure would be much, much higher.

We should just release a statement saying we decided to spend it on Hagi instead.:);)
My question, given the endless number of threads, is a simple one.
If they all followed through and asked for a refund on their season ticket, how much of a dent would it put in Celtics bank balance?

I can’t believe people would want a refund for a few games - considering the cost and potential implications it would have to our club! They are giving us a voucher - yes it’s not much but at least they have offered something.

If they all followed through and asked for a refund on their season ticket, how much of a dent would it put in Celtics bank balance?

If they have 40000 season ticket holders all taking back £100 each then thats 4 million. I dont know how many ST Holders they have and dont care so could be more or less than that. Although i dont think everyone would take them up on the offer but wouldnt be surprised if most the manky mob did so would be out a decent b7it on top of all other overheads.

Admin 2 for them :)) :)) :))

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed

Personally I am not looking for a refund. I see it as an investment in the club. However I also appreciate that others will want or need a refund.

I’d take a refund to help pay for this years season ticket, which will presumably be money for nothing

don’t care how unstaunch that sounds
Probably better off just giving up your season ticket to someone who is happy to have it, staunch or not the reality is taking money back from the club under the current situation helps nobody. Look up the word "support" in the dictionary.

TO will start with the refunds this week, then additional old firm buys the following
Where did you hear that ? - I Had upgraded 2 kids tickets for the old firm game just before it was cancelled £60 In total
I had assumed it would not be refunded like the season ticket money but wasn’t sure
The whole situation with refunds is a difficult one - I don’t think there is a right answer for this only what each person can support given their financial circumstances
I do think the club could have been more transparent on this - Particularly once the League was ended

It’s morally wrong not to offer it back regardless of the circumstances.
Has the St Mirren money been refunded?
Little more than a week since the league was called, morals is one thing however understanding situations like we find ourselves in does not happen yesterday, obviously too much for many to grasp. The Club like many others will be dealing with it as soon as normality resumes. Gripe all you want but it only makes you look desperate.

Little more than a week since the league was called, morals is one thing however understanding situations like we find ourselves in does not happen yesterday, obviously too much for many to grasp. The Club like many others will be dealing with it as soon as normality resumes. Gripe all you want but it only makes you look desperate.

I agree re give club a chance to appraise Following last Monday’s announcement - remember we were still expecting the games to be played.

I think that’s a bit harsh re gripe And desperate - I know some bears furloughed and looking like no job to go back to As only getting 80% of basic pay and no tips and hitting them hard And literally every penny being counted

I am fortunate to be still working so can wait to see what happens - some maybe not in a very difficult economical situation

I think this is driven by indvidudal economic circumstances and applauded any bear that can go without his season ticket money but equally understand some that can not in this current climate

Can't say for sure about the Dhims - I did see a figure of around £5m-£6m bandied about.

In our own case it would probably be similar (despite their alleged higher numbers):

Lets say 45,000 x 5 games x an average of £25 = £5,625,000.

I don't think it would be anything like that but it would be higher than many on here forecast. 40%-50% maybe? I'd expect the Dhims to easily hit that percentage.

Where did you hear that ? - I Had upgraded 2 kids tickets for the old firm game just before it was cancelled £60 In total
I had assumed it would not be refunded like the season ticket money but wasn’t sure
The whole situation with refunds is a difficult one - I don’t think there is a right answer for this only what each person can support given their financial circumstances
I do think the club could have been more transparent on this - Particularly once the League was ended
The SLO on twitter.

Aberdeen, Celtic, Hibs and Livingston have offered refunds, but asked those who can afford it not to take up the offer.

Rangers should have offered refunds to those who wanted them IMO.
Vast majority would have said no but some people are in a very bad place financially at the moment.
£125 or there about would go a long way to those how are in need at the minute. Money for me that they are due. Read the t & c’s posted on here and thought it was a bit of a grey area regarding the legal side.
I am lucky enough just now to be still in a job and can afford to not bother about a refund, there are quite a few not so fortunate.

I’d take a refund to help pay for this years season ticket, which will presumably be money for nothing

don’t care how unstaunch that sounds
“To help pay this year’s season ticket”.
A ticket that you’ll be first in line to demand another refund for if you don’t get the full quota of games, which is very likely.
Just as well the vast majority can see what the consequences of taking money back will mean for the club.
Either no club or a club too
weak to even think about league titles is the likelihood.
Could you live with that for a few sheckles?

Last edited:
They sent letters to all ST holders saying they could apply for a refund if they wished.

I’ve said this for ages, yes we’ve renewed our STs for next Season, and take it more as a Donation and not looking for any refund from this, Season, however our greedy players, Should be taking a reduction in Salary, not a Delay!

The refund to a few non season ticket holders/Hospitality tickets does piss me off no problem with fans that upgraded their kids seat to Adults for the game against the scum. Where's the loyalty to the season ticket holder but a non season ticket holder will get his money back doesn't make any sense to me.

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed
Never seen so much nonsense in all my life. I dont want anything back from Rangers. I do want a full refund for 4 StMirren tickets as I have no intention of bankrolling them. Hope you're not too embarrassed by my "selfishness"

I understand not everyone can do so but Rangers can keep any money I’m due back.Wasn’t their fault and I’m not going to chase them for it.Happy if it helped in any small way.I will renew my season ticket this week (some time)after a wee problem hopefully now sorted be joining myGers and buying strips when they come out.I need Rangers more than they need me.

The £25 voucher was before we knew what was happening with the season. There will be news on refunds towards the end of this week or early next. I believe it’ll be in the form of some sort of online form if you would like/ need a refund. The club are very much aware that a lot of fans are not too fussed about getting money back and happy for it to remain with the club.

“To help pay this year’s season ticket”.
A ticket that you’ll be first in line to demand another refund for if you don’t get the full quota of games, which is very likely.
Just as well the vast majority can see what the consequences of taking money back will mean for the club.
Either no club or a club too
weak to even think about league titles is the likelihood.
Could you live with that for a few sheckles?
The club will be offering refunds to corporate clients in Bar72 for next season.
Why should 'normal' fans be excluded?

Some folk do come over as though from another area, RFC STs Etc not looking for refunds, Scum from Paisley Mark two, most certainly, those are the Rats that went out and celebrated when they lay down to Scum One when they were gifted the league, years back, Screw the Barristers.

Never seen so much nonsense in all my life. I dont want anything back from Rangers. I do want a full refund for 4 StMirren tickets as I have no intention of bankrolling them. Hope you're not too embarrassed by my "selfishness"
You don't want anything back from Rangers but you want a full refund? Slightly confused on that one but never mind, I have no issues with anyone wanting a refund however it's the way in which the fans like yourself blame the club for this situation, in all honesty you deserve all you get for buying away tickets in the first instance. In the grand scheme of things your blue pound was essentially going to St Mirren. Take 2 minutes and think about that. For what it's worth you will get refunded for your 4 tickets, greetin about it wont make it happen any quicker.

Going on the general feeling of most not wanting a refund, the club might have actually saved money by offering one, rather than a blanket issue of £25 vouchers.

Vouchers: 46,500 x £25 = £1,162,500

If we offered cash refunds of £100 on an 'opt-in' basis then if there was less than 25% uptake we'd be shelling out less than £1,162,500

I understand that vouchers ensure the funds are still spent with the club but I think the uptake would actually be much lower than 25%. May also have helped bears who are financially struggling to retain their books.

You don't want anything back from Rangers but you want a full refund? Slightly confused on that one but never mind, I have no issues with anyone wanting a refund however it's the way in which the fans like yourself blame the club for this situation, in all honesty you deserve all you get for buying away tickets in the first instance. In the grand scheme of things your blue pound was essentially going to St Mirren. Take 2 minutes and think about that. For what it's worth you will get refunded for your 4 tickets, greetin about it wont make it happen any quicker.

You have contradicted yourself so many times from the 1st reply.

For you to say you are embarrassed by someone who is potentially looking for a refund given the fact you know hee haw about that persons personal circumstances says more about you.

Aye, I saw them too. Esteemed members such as:

Hoops for Hagi
West Highland mentally challenged
Tim of Orange
Sniff Sniffington

Its great to get new blood in here with all these new members lately!

Back