Refunds

I'm really wondering what people will do if they pay for a full ST and don't get to see a game this season.

It's not as if a switch will be pressed and we will be back to 50,000 at Ibrox again. Not a chance is that happening next season. It will start with maybe 10,000 and increase it gradually from there
Please tell me how on earth that is going to work,genuine question?

You have contradicted yourself so many times from the 1st reply.

For you to say you are embarrassed by someone who is potentially looking for a refund given the fact you know hee haw about that persons personal circumstances says more about you.
You're bang on, absolutely 100% correct, peoples circumstances are none of my business and I dont or wont pretend that to be the case nor will I make it any of my business, as I've said previously those who need the refund then so be it that's personal the them, not me nor you, it will take time, those who are blaming the club and criticising the TO is my main gripe. Fans penalizing Rangers during this lockdown period is short sighted, add to that what you want but in all honesty I'm 110% certain those in the need will be refunded.

Going on the general feeling of most not wanting a refund, the club might have actually saved money by offering one, rather than a blanket issue of £25 vouchers.

Vouchers: 46,500 x £25 = £1,162,500

If we offered cash refunds of £100 on an 'opt-in' basis then if there was less than 25% uptake we'd be shelling out less than £1,162,500

I understand that vouchers ensure the funds are still spent with the club but I think the uptake would actually be much lower than 25%. May also have helped bears who are financially struggling to retain their books.

The thing is, probably less than 50% will actually use the voucher that gets sent out. So that cuts the cost by at least half. Then you factor in that it has to be spent directly with the Club and over £1m suddenly becomes just a few hundred thousand.

50% take up on 5x£25x45,000 comes out at just under £3m.

The thing is, probably less than 50% will actually use the voucher that gets sent out. So that cuts the cost by at least half. Then you factor in that it has to be spent directly with the Club and over £1m suddenly becomes just a few hundred thousand.

50% take up on 5x£25x45,000 comes out at just under £3m.

Fair enough mate, was just thinking because it seems like the vast majority wouldn't want a refund but I sympathise with guys that have had seats for years that have fallen on hard times and the refund could have been the difference in allowing them to keep their seat or lose it.

Fair enough mate, was just thinking because it seems like the vast majority wouldn't want a refund but I sympathise with guys that have had seats for years that have fallen on hard times and the refund could have been the difference in allowing them to keep their seat or lose it.

I'm in a strange position here because morally I'd like the Club to offer refunds. However, I disagree the take-up would be minimal and would expect probably 50% to take up the offer of getting £100+ back. Some will be in real need of it, most won't. That's a big hit to our finances.

More realistically, on a personal level, I'd rather such sums of money stayed in the Club and went towards improving the squad and, if it comes to it, keeping us afloat.

Probably some mechanism where free access was given to games not on the season ticket would have been best - e.g Scottish Cup ties, EL qualifiers etc - but we've no idea if any of those will have crowds in attendance at this stage. That, at least, would spread the 'loss' to the Club over an extended period. Maybe roll the credit over, along with any from season 20/21, and apply discounts to season 21/22 or include formerly non-eligible matches in the season ticket for 21/22?

Im sure I heard on the radio partick thistle offered full refunds for the unplayed matches , not many choose to take to the offer but some did and they put out a few grand.
According to a mentally challenged in my mates WhatsApp group Celtic also offered a full refund for the unplayed games but made it clear to fans that they’d appreciate it if they made the gesture of allowing the club to invest it back into the club.
Not sure about the rest of the spl. If I remember right I heard we were the only one who never offered a full refund for the remaining games as it wasn’t in our T & Cs.

If we are the only club that has not offered refunds, we are now the only club with no refunds and a playing squad and staff who have not took a wage cut also.

Hibs are offering some sort of incentive for those who choose not to take a cash refund, cant remember what it exactly entails though.

I don't want a refund but I'm having real trouble parting with money for next season's tickets. I pay for 4 tickets in my family name (well over £2000) and I'm struggling to find the 'goodwill' to give this amount away when I know it's unlikely we'll get to the games. Under normal circumstances I'd do it no bother but I'm seething that we seem to have just chucked the fight against SPFL.

I've not been online much since the carve up so I might be missing something but to me it looks like it's over and that really sticks in my throat. QCs have said there is a case so to me we must pursue it.

I'll pay it, I know I will but for the first time I begrudge doing it.

The money is gone, anyone who wanted a refund is pissing in the wind as far as I can tell.
If the club came out and said “your money paid for Hagi” I’m sure 99% would be happy.

My real issue lies with next season, the Ts & Cs are heavily in the clubs favour. So if we can’t get to games they can just keep the money anyway. For some that’s not an issue as they have expendable income, for others who pay multiple tickets and work hard to just about afford them it’s a massive issue imo.
We’ve now known for over a week that the league is officially done. Yet silence on the elephant in the room

I'm in a strange position here because morally I'd like the Club to offer refunds. However, I disagree the take-up would be minimal and would expect probably 50% to take up the offer of getting £100+ back. Some will be in real need of it, most won't. That's a big hit to our finances.

More realistically, on a personal level, I'd rather such sums of money stayed in the Club and went towards improving the squad and, if it comes to it, keeping us afloat.

Probably some mechanism where free access was given to games not on the season ticket would have been best - e.g Scottish Cup ties, EL qualifiers etc - but we've no idea if any of those will have crowds in attendance at this stage. That, at least, would spread the 'loss' to the Club over an extended period. Maybe roll the credit over, along with any from season 20/21, and apply discounts to season 21/22 or include formerly non-eligible matches in the season ticket for 21/22?

Based on the polls on here and others I've spoken to, I don't think the take up would be anywhere near 50% mate. I would hazard a guess that it would closer to 20%

Aye, I'm with you. I share a book and neither looking for a refund but I feel sorry for guys that have had books for years, then because of this situation are potentially going to lose their book. If a refund scheme helped those sorts of guys, while those that didn't need it, didn't take it. I think that's the best outcome.

I get where you're coming from though.

Based on the polls on here and others I've spoken to, I don't think the take up would be anywhere near 50% mate. I would hazard a guess that it would closer to 20%

Aye, I'm with you. I share a book and neither looking for a refund but I feel sorry for guys that have had books for years, then because of this situation are potentially going to lose their book. If a refund scheme helped those sorts of guys, while those that didn't need it, didn't take it. I think that's the best outcome.

I get where you're coming from though.
What people say on here doesn’t necessarily reflect what they’d do in private though.
Staunch points and all that...

You don't want anything back from Rangers but you want a full refund? Slightly confused on that one but never mind, I have no issues with anyone wanting a refund however it's the way in which the fans like yourself blame the club for this situation, in all honesty you deserve all you get for buying away tickets in the first instance. In the grand scheme of things your blue pound was essentially going to St Mirren. Take 2 minutes and think about that. For what it's worth you will get refunded for your 4 tickets, greetin about it wont make it happen any quicker.
I'll try and do this slowly to give you a chance to grasp the points.
1/ I do not want anything back from Rangers. I have written off 3 season tickets for the remaining games. I have renewed said season tickets and took out 3 Mygers subscriptions with very little chance of using them this year.
2/ you use the term "its fans like you" blaming the club. You know absolutely zilch about me, please show me where I blame the club and am greeting about a refund.
3/ The refund that I want is St Mirrens money, absolutely nothing about it harms Rangers. I am in the fortunate position of having a good job, so I'm not standing waiting on £110, but like I say want a refund.
4/ you contradict yourself. In one post you say you hope anyone concerned about their measly refund never buys another home or away ticket to allow someone who wants to support the club through thick or thin the chance. In a later post you have a go at me for buying away tickets. So what is your stance, away tickets or not?

I’m more interested in what will happen regarding money paid in the upcoming season where games are played without fans present - I know it’s unstauch to ask what will be in it for me regarding the money I’m putting upfront- but £1500 for3 season tickets with the possibility of nothing in return is a donation that is taking the urine out of loyalty- and if the situation does not improve for the season after next would they expect another £1500 donation out of loyalty?
Think of it as another business rather than the heart rendering attachment of the Rangers and I’m sure everyone would want to know what are they getting for their money?

I dont want a refund, but i would like any potential refund to go in to a scheme that could perhaps help existing st holders who might not be able to afford it next season, buy their season ticket and then pay it back at a later date to rangers.

You don't want anything back from Rangers but you want a full refund? Slightly confused on that one but never mind, I have no issues with anyone wanting a refund however it's the way in which the fans like yourself blame the club for this situation, in all honesty you deserve all you get for buying away tickets in the first instance. In the grand scheme of things your blue pound was essentially going to St Mirren. Take 2 minutes and think about that. For what it's worth you will get refunded for your 4 tickets, greetin about it wont make it happen any quicker.

I'll try and do this slowly to give you a chance to grasp the points.
1/ I do not want anything back from Rangers. I have written off 3 season tickets for the remaining games. I have renewed said season tickets and took out 3 Mygers subscriptions with very little chance of using them this year.
2/ you use the term "its fans like you" blaming the club. You know absolutely zilch about me, please show me where I blame the club and am greeting about a refund.
3/ The refund that I want is St Mirrens money, absolutely nothing about it harms Rangers. I am in the fortunate position of having a good job, so I'm not standing waiting on £110, but like I say want a refund.
4/ you contradict yourself. In one post you say you hope anyone concerned about their measly refund never buys another home or away ticket to allow someone who wants to support the club through thick or thin the chance. In a later post you have a go at me for buying away tickets. So what is your stance, away tickets or not?
Absolutely no contradiction whatsoever, amount of season tickets or whatever job you have it irrelevant, St Mirren have never had the money and never will see it so it's hardly harming them is it.

Absolutely no contradiction whatsoever, amount of season tickets or whatever job you have it irrelevant, St Mirren have never had the money and never will see it so it's hardly harming them is it.
But it’s his money that he was giving to st mirren to see rangers , Why should he not get it back ? Can you not grasp that ? No one is robbing Rangers here ffs

Scum giving a refund for each home game missed. They obviously hope most will not take up offer.
We should have done likewise given the financial hardship that some of our support will be experiencing.

Scum giving a refund for each home game missed. They obviously hope most will not take up offer.
We should have done likewise given the financial hardship that some of our support will be experiencing.

They are not doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. Their Ts & Cs compel them to make the offer.

I have a mate that has 4 seats in hospitality for all home league games.
Works out between £900-£1200 per game.
He's been offered 7.5% of next years renewal price and a free friendly if purchased before 29th may

Would have been nice to have the refund offered. It's all well and saying it's unstaunch and the like but who are you to judge someones circumstances on whether £100 puts food on the table or keeps the lights on. It's very judgemental and finger pointing to say the least. I've been lucky enough to have work both before and after the lockdown that will see me straight. I feel for those that haven't been so lucky.

I'd expect the Epl clubs to refund the fans with the millions they have down there, different story for us, personally i dont want a refund, it was paid for last summer

So what is it you want. Away tickets or no away tickets. The perfect example of a contradiction.

Can't say for sure about the Dhims - I did see a figure of around £5m-£6m bandied about.

In our own case it would probably be similar (despite their alleged higher numbers):

Lets say 45,000 x 5 games x an average of £25 = £5,625,000.

I don't think it would be anything like that but it would be higher than many on here forecast. 40%-50% maybe? I'd expect the Dhims to easily hit that percentage.

Fact is, if you offer it, those funds (if we have them liquid) would then have to be ring fenced and not be used for the deferred wages or transfer fees.

No season ticket holder was expecting that money back. They were able to see every ball kicked at Ibrox in the league this season (shortened or not).

The club had planned to have that money. Not us. £100 back to a season ticket holder is unlikely to make a life changing difference if we are honest is it. 40,000 x £100. That is a massive difference to the survival and success of the football club we love.

Keep the money. The gers need it more.

We havn't followed for the last decade through thick and thin to risk us going under again so that we could have a token gesture made to fans (that no fan worth their salt would ever accept!)

My wife who works in the Monklands hospital is surrounded by celtic minded colleagues, they are telling her that their family are getting a refund and she can't understand how Rangers aren't, I tell her I don't want one, my son doesn't want one and they can stick theirs up their arse but she just keeps moaning, we both will be renewing our season tickets.

Don't get your point??? You are highlighting what I was saying. They are treating their scummy customers better. They have better Ts & Cs.

Depends on how you define 'better'. Different, yes. I wouldn't want Rangers to be compelled to refund huge sums of money. Not this season. Next season is different as we can plan for whatever the outcome is.

If we received in excess of £100m per season from TV deal like the English Premiership teams do, then I would be expecting the offer of a refund.

However, as we receive a fraction of this, I would rather It benefits Rangers than be refunded to me, although I appreciate, particularly in the current circumstances, some may prefer a refund.

The club isn’t looking too good right now imo .

1.Players not taking a wage cut only a deferral
2. Lots of staff put on furlough while reportedly spending a lot of money on signing hagi
3. Not offering a refund for 5 lost home games instead giving a small voucher
4. Starting up mygers at a time when the country is knackered.

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed

What if it means that supporter doesn't eat this week?

Are you aware of whats happening in the world or is your head too far up your own arse?

I don't want the money back however I appreciate that others may need it. Giving refunds out could have been the difference between signing Hagi or not which could be the difference between winning the league or not.

IMO refunds should have been offered even if most wouldn’t have taken it

Some bears could be really struggling and that £150 or so could have been handy for them

I dare say some bears annoyed at not getting a refund would be a bit pissed off seeing we’ve just signed Hagi for £3m today.

I wouldn’t have taken the refund but I think it should have been offered

I'd expect the Epl clubs to refund the fans with the millions they have down there, different story for us, personally i dont want a refund, it was paid for last summer
All we need is the first team squad not take a wage for 1 month ,quite simple.

All we need is the first team squad not take a wage for 1 month ,quite simple.

They are employees. Nothing more. Well paid admittedly but employees nevertheless. Do we expect those on furlough, for example, to reject the payments they receive from their employers/the Government?

The club should offer refunds where an application is made to the ticket office, to receive one. Then anyone wanting one can get one.
A fan led campaign encouraging fans not to apply would minimise the number of applications.

I personally think anyone worried about a refund from any games home or away should take a good look in the mirror, greetin and squabbling about "its ma money" or "A want ma score back".....hopefully those so concerned about their measley refund never ever purchase another ticket home or away so it provides the opportunity for someone who wants to support the club through thick and thin the chance... Imagine greetin over £25....I'm embarrassed
Sorry, but who the hell do you think you are telling any Rangers fan who has fallen on hard times and would like a refund not to buy another ticket?

I get that many are dead against it, others like myself don't want it but would like the club to have offered, then there are those who really need the cash and absolutely want a refund.

Doesn't matter which category anyone falls into, they're Rangers fans whether you like it or not.

Back